Hardwood Solitaire IV PreRelease Feedback

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Hardwood Solitaire IV PreRelease Feedback

Post by Jonas » Thu May 13, 2010 4:28 pm

We'd love to hear your reaction of the game so far. Let us know what works and what doesn't, and what could use some fine tuning.

How clear was the idea of buying the game in pieces? What do you think about the concept?

Do we need to better explain how that works; or make the process easier? If so do you have any suggestions?

Are their features you'd like to see changed or added? For example, what items would you like to see more of in the store?

MrFirenut

Re: Hardwood Solitaire IV PreRelease Feedback

Post by MrFirenut » Fri May 14, 2010 5:20 am

Don't really like the idea of having to pay for what has been offered for free on the previous version. Have only played once; and so far I don't see any large inprovements to the game.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri May 14, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks Mr.Firenut. Yeah we're trying to move to a new way of offing the game so that it can be lot cheaper for folks that just want a few things. One cool aspect, is that as we get more of our games into this system, many of the items, like avatars and environments will work across titles. So that China river environment will work with Hearts, Spades, Euchre, backgammon, etc.

It's a little bit of a transition I'd agree.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Well the main issue with the friends I sent it to seems to be confusion over buying the game versus just buying the tokens.....maybe an opening introduction that appears when you download Solitaire IV explaining the token process would end the confusion....so far I have been able to help them with it and I havent heard back about any other problems....

One friend did said it froze up on her once and I told her to click "Submit Bug Report ".....as of today havent heard of any more prob's...pasting a couple of thier questions here....on the token question I simply told her what gamepacks I had and to review the ones she wanted and buy tokens accordingly as well as for an avatar....back and environ and card face and backs etc...
8)

but how many tokens is best to buy??

ALSO HOW ABOUT ASKING HIM TO WORK ON STOPPING TIMER IF SOMEONE IS STUCK AND NO ONE CAN MOVE ?
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Sat May 15, 2010 5:17 am

i had some frozen issuees and on memory the game it takes a little longer for cards to flip over. But other then that its been going good. I plan on buying more stuff today.

ty luvcookies :D

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 am

Just a heads up, we've added special offer for Sol III owners available on the Token purchasing page the next time you pick up some tokens :)

The current offer is the large 1600 token pack regularly 19.95 for only $9.95; a 10 dollar savings.

This is a one time use offer, and requires your name and unlock key to take advantage of it.

Forget_the_Rest

Post by Forget_the_Rest » Sat May 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Overall I'm loving the new version of HWS.

One thing I'd like more control over is when selecting a game. At the moment we only have a list of the available games. What I'd like if possible is boxes or other option to choose to only display games of varying skill, time, etc... Sometimes I may have a few minutes to kill & so would like to be able to display only the games that take a shorter amount of time to play.

I hope this makes sense!!

Thanks!

kissmad
Active Poster

Post by kissmad » Sun May 23, 2010 12:24 am

I have to agree with MrFirenut. The idea of having to pay for something that we used to get for free is a step backwards. You are going to alienate users with this concept.

I was hoping HWS IV was going to offer something new but so far, all I see is an attempt to grab money off players.

If you really wanted the game to be cheaper for users who just wanted a few things, then instead off offering card packs. The card games should be offered as individual card games. Instead of players having to buy multiple packs just to get a few games that they want.

Why is there no original graphics environment game pack. It should be the default in my opinion. It's the reason why I fell in love with the game in the first place.

I am surprised that there is no easy game pack.

bluebirdpod
Active Poster

Post by bluebirdpod » Sun May 23, 2010 10:57 am

Purchased the enchanted deck face, and it does not show up. only jonas deck shows up. I keep checking the store, and
it shows I purchased it. and Check the game content folder
C:\Documents and Settings\COMPUTER\Application Data\Silver Creek Entertainment\Hardwood Solitaire IV\Data\Extensions

and I see Enchanted.gobext in there, but the game only lets you see Jonas Deck.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon May 24, 2010 11:37 am

bluebirdpod wrote:Purchased the enchanted deck face, and it does not show up. only jonas deck shows up. I keep checking the store, and
C:\Documents and Settings\COMPUTER\Application Data\Silver Creek Entertainment\Hardwood Solitaire IV\Data\Extensions

Good find BlueBirdPod, I've confirmed it on my end and added a bug for it. We'll get that straightened out.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 am

kissmad wrote: If you really wanted the game to be cheaper for users who just wanted a few things, then instead off offering card packs. The card games should be offered as individual card games. Instead of players having to buy multiple packs just to get a few games that they want.
That's still a possibility. Its actually a little problematic trying to show the content of the pack.
kissmad wrote: Why is there no original graphics environment game pack. It should be the default in my opinion. It's the reason why I fell in love with the game in the first place.
We actually have a Brick and board background that will be available, currently on my machine is a bit broke :) So hopefully we'll get that up soon.
kissmad wrote: I am surprised that there is no easy game pack.
thats a possibility, it gets into a kinda weird issue of pack overlap.

drmaxman

Post by drmaxman » Mon May 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Here's my take so far re: HWIV

Bought the Klondike Pack before the trial version ended. Thought I had bought "Klondike Easy" as part of the pack. Then it disappeared. What happened? Apparently it was part of the trial version, not the Klondike Pack. How annoying! It should be part of the Klondike Pack as well! To get it now, I apparently have to buy the the Base Game Pack, which is 450 tokens, versus the Klondike Pack which is only 250 tokens. It's doesn't make sense to spend 450 more tokens just to get the one game I want, which should have been included in the Klondike Pack in the first place, in addition to getting a bunch of other games I'm not interested in at this time.

Which brings up another issue: the tokens. Why can't one just buy the number of tokens one needs for the items to be purchased? Or do away with the tokens and buy on an item-by-item basis? If a minimum purchase is needed to make it cost effective for Silver Creek Ent., then so be it. Right now, one has to buy 400 tokens in order to buy a 250-token game pack. One has to buy 800 tokens in order to buy a 450-token game pack. It appears that SCE is deliberately trying to get customers to overspend as a result of the token pricing system they currently have a place.

Other than that, so far I do like the product itself. :mrgreen:

drmaxman

Post by drmaxman » Mon May 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Here's a question. I like the fireworks display when you win a game. Would it be possible to get the fireworks display as a separate product, either as a stand-alone or perhaps a screensaver?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue May 25, 2010 11:20 am

drmaxman wrote:Here's my take so far re: HWIV

Bought the Klondike Pack before the trial version ended. Thought I had bought "Klondike Easy" as part of the pack. Then it disappeared. What happened? Apparently it was part of the trial version, not the Klondike Pack. How annoying! It should be part of the Klondike Pack as well! To get it now, I apparently have to buy the the Base Game Pack, which is 450 tokens, versus the Klondike Pack which is only 250 tokens. It's doesn't make sense to spend 450 more tokens just to get the one game I want, which should have been included in the Klondike Pack in the first place, in addition to getting a bunch of other games I'm not interested in at this time.
I'll talk to folks around here and see if maybe we could duplicate content in different packs. I think I was just worried that might be confusing too, but maybe in the long run, it would be more intuitive. Thanks for the insight.

EDIT: We've added Klondike Easy to the Klondike pack.

drmaxman wrote: Which brings up another issue: the tokens. Why can't one just buy the number of tokens one needs for the items to be purchased? Or do away with the tokens and buy on an item-by-item basis? If a minimum purchase is needed to make it cost effective for Silver Creek Ent., then so be it. Right now, one has to buy 400 tokens in order to buy a 250-token game pack. One has to buy 800 tokens in order to buy a 450-token game pack. It appears that SCE is deliberately trying to get customers to overspend as a result of the token pricing system they currently have a place.

Other than that, so far I do like the product itself. :mrgreen:
Yeah, it's a minimum purchase thing; Credit card companies really don't make very small transactions viable yet with per transaction fees that eat up small purchases. I'm sure they will catch on eventually.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue May 25, 2010 12:14 pm

bluebirdpod wrote:Purchased the enchanted deck face, and it does not show up. only jonas deck shows up. I keep checking the store, and

Bluebirdpod, its fixed. Here on out folks won't run into that.

To get the updated (fixed) enchanted deck, just start the game, wait until there isn't any more blue updating animation going on (or just wait a minute), then restart the game again, and it should be there.