We Were Wrong

TrashCanCharlie
Active Poster

We Were Wrong

Post by TrashCanCharlie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:13 am

The three big W's. I've stayed away from cards of all kinds for ten years now. On the anty up I can clear as a bell see for sure We Were Wrong!

Wrong about what? Spades advice, books, articles, etc. This goes out to Joe, Jack, Steve and many contributors of technical spades advice.

Jack was the closest to getting it right.......the rest of us have given great card advice but not always the best spades advice. Every concept we have preached involved that known dummy hands view. Whether we like it or not guys our advice while good was not nearly the bang for the buck it should have been.

A great writer of card books...mostly bridge but many others too wrote his best book much later in life. It was drastically different. I mean night and day different. It instantly was his best seller.
He focused on something that had never been written about and it was very simple.

It was not the 4_3_2_1 charlie goren count either and not even close in popularity but......wow.

This man was a true gambler....blood thirsty...I never sat against him or in a gambling venue in his city. I will say that of the top ten players in the country, most of the sharpest did gamble heavily there.

So folks.....Jack...Joe...Steve...any want the new change tell me how to contact you.

Openshut
Active Poster

Re: We Were Wrong

Post by Openshut » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Good to see rumors of Ur demise have been over estimated. If simplicity amuses you, then enjoyment of the game must be the challenge. Anyways have fun with that!

Galt
Grand Master

Re: We Were Wrong

Post by Galt » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 am

WOW was I happy to see that you had made a post. I had been worried about what might have happened with you for years.

I have not been able to get in here.. login problems... for quite some time.

Thanks for the nice comment, but really just glad to see that you are still around.

I can be reached at questions@spadesbook.com

I am eager to learn of your epiphany.

Jack