GUIDES/Trial versions/server problems

GUIDES/Trial versions/server problems

Postby trouting » Tue May 12, 2009 3:40 am

First and foremost guides never get enough credit. After saying that:
Ironically, it seems since we have been playing TRIAL VERSIONS PLAYERS, the server seems to be shutting us down, almost weekly. The GUIDES, say it has nothing to do with TRIAL PEOPLE (which I am sure it DOESNT), but, why not make them pay and use their money for UPGRADING THE SERVER.
While I am at it.....various guides, say the TRIAL PEOPLE can only play ONE GAME A DAY. This is false, check the PROFILES of some of them, they seem to play more than one game per day. We all had TRIAL VERSIONS but then we had to PAY OR LEAVE after a certain amount of time. (MONTH I think) Also, while checking TRIAL VERSION players, notice the games unfinished. I have and it seems a LARGE MAJORITY have more than 5%. Concidence??? Why??
And lastly, changing back to ONE ROOM. We have been informed that JONAS, said "players wanted one room again" so he changed it back. Look at the comments in the lobby about TRIAL PLAYERS. Doesn't that constitute something being done.
trouting

Re: GUIDES/Trial versions/server problems

Postby luvcookies » Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 am

ok my understanding now hearts is not a trial version nomore you can play as much as you can on free version but if you want to see ratings and get the extra stuff you have to pay. and most of the time when hearts server crashes spades and euchere crashes and they are not updated so it does not have to do with version you got on hearts and yes big thanks go out to guides andjonas who makes this wonderful place to play. spades use to crash for hours at a time do we get mad yes but nothing you can do about it til they fix it just like with hearts if it crashes im sure jonas and gromph knows and we have to wait til it fixes you may keep getting disconnected but nothing to be mad at i played in spades and a headadmin and td in spades league we all got use to it .

ty luvcookies :D
luvcookies
Guide

Postby Senality Rains » Wed May 13, 2009 12:17 pm

yeah lol, this scenario does rather make me laugh....the server does not have a lot of issues, i have been here a lot of years, and by and large the server has been IMMACULATE..so when we have the odd hiccup, a lil patience would be appreciated .

We all take it for granted...we log on and log off and THINK nothing of it!! , we only think on the very odd occasion when the server is hiccupping....all of a sudden the very thing we take for granted day in , and day out becomes important, people say "whats wrong with the server, i cant play" yes its times like this we relise how important hardwood is lol.
yeah it does become important, when it matter's, so a little appreciation for this fantastic site...and the folk who brought it to us.
Senality Rains
Guide

Postby Primal Instincts » Wed May 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I dont know how many times I have popped in HW after the server was down and watched players come in and throw a fit like you just walked over and changed the TV channel the last two minutes of a season finale.......and you are right Rains.....the last 8 years have been immaculate as far as keeping the server online....I think only once it has been down for any real length of time......gave everyone a chance to become familiar with their spouses and kids..............LOL 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.
Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Postby Dust In The Wind » Wed May 13, 2009 4:48 pm

If the server is down... I do something else, it's not life anyways, just a small part of it and if it causes withdrawels when it does go down, maybe just maybe you are an addict LOL and need to find an outlet when it does... put up a punching bag next to your PC, go for a nice drive in the country side, clean out the garage, take it out on an Ogre, buy something new, wash the car, Hit Primal, go to the movies....

JUST DUST

TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!
Dust In The Wind
Guide

Postby luvcookies » Wed May 13, 2009 8:12 pm

i have to agree with mod primal and dust if it does goes down im sure they are contacted there is so much you can do and through the 8 years or nine i rember 2 times it crashed all night but what can you do was running atour but oh well we gave up and went to sleep and canceled a tour its not a matter of life and death server goes down and gromph and jonas does a good job in getting it up and running. i say when it crashed nothing to whine about oh we pay for this no we paid for the game but server is free thats my opinion great job jonas keep up the good work

ty luvcookies :D
luvcookies
Guide

Postby Lace » Thu May 14, 2009 12:42 am

I would like to apologize to the players in hearts that day. When the problems first started happening, I had assumed it was the server and immediately got a message to the office to let them know. Before I had heard back from them, MoD had figured out that it was most likely the internet connection/ISP and he was right. The servers were up and running just fine and it was their ISP that was having intermittent problems. The office did let their ISP provider know but they were as powerless as we were to fix anything.

We are all pretty dependant on our local cable companies and some even local phone lines to keep us online long enough to play a few games. Yes, some of us even get angry when we start having problems. Frustration was more the word for that day I think. I agree with the ones who posted that Hardwood does a fantastic job at keeping things going the best they can. I've been to many sites that shut down completely for an hour or two a day for maintenance, etc. I'm just thankful that almost everytime I click that little icon on my desktop, up pops a community of players who I work for and play with. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has sat and laughed at a computer screen in Hardwood. Thanks Jonas, Dan and everyone at the office who brings enjoyment to us and works hard to keep it going.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!
Lace
Guide

Postby luvcookies » Thu May 14, 2009 7:02 am

lace i have to agree with you to we all depend on our cable phone to keep us on the internet if that goes do we get mad i know i dont just like spades hearts euchere backgammon there is no reason to get mad jonas and them does keep the servers up and running when they find out they respond right away.

luvcookies :D
luvcookies
Guide

Return to Hardwood Hearts