Multiple names on ladder

BlueRain7
Noob

Multiple names on ladder

Post by BlueRain7 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:28 am

I know the answer to this but was told I was wrong, so I wanted to make sure.
Can you have more then one name in a league and register to play with one but use another not just a player but a Td or HTD as well? With that being said have two blue names and play with both?

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Re: Multiple names on ladder

Post by Sassy Katy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 pm

From a hw standpoint, multiple names on a ladder is not an issue.

The issue would be with cases and/or the individual leagues. You would probably be best to check with the HA of the specific league.

I have seen in some rooms a td will have a td blue nic to host with and a green nic to play on. It may be possible that blue nic isn't officially on the ladder since they only td with it and the blue is assigned in hw, not cases.

In some leagues some play on more than one nic and the admin is aware. In other leagues, the admin is very strict about only one nic per person and the player must use the specific nic, not a look alike. Begin with the HA of the league and then you might want to check with cases.

BlueRain7
Noob

Post by BlueRain7 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:25 pm

I guess what I should of said was registering under one name and playing with other name is this ok? I wrote The creek as you said and I apreicated the response. thanks.

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:57 am

That is really an HA question still. Some leagues are lax on the rule and others are very tight on the rule. Technically the cases rule is you have to play on the exact nic you registered under, but again it isn't a hw rule and you are asking in the hw forum.

Many times the host is very busy with running the tourney and they don't see a player is in on a nic that is different from the one they registered under for the tourney. If you see a player on a wrong name, politely point it out to the host.

I know I have joined a tourney and accidentally come into the room on a wrong nic, and I have had pard's do that. The host will say nicely please go get the correct nic. It isn't always intentional and often a gentle word will alert the player they came into the room on an incorrect nic and they weren't doing it inetentionally.

I hope that helps.

BlueRain7
Noob

Post by BlueRain7 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks again for responding Sassy,
I know it is a cases rule and just thoght I would get a faster response out of some of you all. I started hosting again and had this happen to me.
In the past I was always told that that you could not do this that it was a NO NO so when I hosted the other night and one of the Admin did it, I told them to plzz change names and I was informed that it was ok, so to no suprise I felt like a complet idiot. but I did write cases to get a aficial ya or na on it.
The Admin was in total suprise and no one was trying to do anything wrong and I guess I just want to make sure we are incomplience with the rules so we want have any issues latter. plzzz forgive my spelling I went to a German school and didnt learn english till later.

Ukrgawd
Active Poster

Post by Ukrgawd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Blue Rain, as an admin of a cardluvers hideout in euchre ill give you our view. we do allow you to play under a nic that is differant from your ladder name as long as the hosting td is aware. we do many tournaments such as costume party and "Dino" tourneys{most players use a dino name}. But you are only allowed 1{one}ladder account. for example...my ladder name is Ukrgawd and in normal tourneys I play as Ukrgawd. In the dino tourneys i sign up for the tourney under ukrgawd buy play as Ukr T Rex.

hope this helps some of the confusion

BlueRain7
Noob

Post by BlueRain7 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Thanks Ukrgawd

It sure does help.