Tourney/League feature requests

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Tourney/League feature requests

Post by Jonas » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd like to start a thread on features that would help you run your tourneys.

So what features would you like to see regarding tourneys or leagues?

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Re: Tourney/League feature requests

Post by FYREKRACKER » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:59 pm

I would like to see a feature where a tourney starts within the ten minute guidelines unless its a large large tourney and maybe within 15 then. Some leagues consistently post their tour for say 7 and start it at 745 so the other league posting at 730 gets less players because the other tourney has once again not started on time and players are held up. Some thing like the tourney will not start if not started on time and they have to redo it. Also if you have to put a player in box for unruly or rude behaviour they should not be able to just go to another league and play like they didnt do anything. Its extreme things you have to box or silence players for and should be punishment so they dont continue. Also tds that just move league to league to build up their list and contacts of people there should be a waiting period sufficient that they would think about it before they sign up to be a td and alot of time spent training them then they do a tour or two and move on. There should be a limited number of leagues . Alot of time and money are put into maintaining a league. :D

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Okay FYREKRACKER just to break those features out so I understand:

1) Automated closing of tourneys where no one else could be added after a certain time.

2) You'd like to see TDs have the same features as guides with regard to silencing? that is, their action would extend beyond their own room?

3)TDs shouldn't be able to move from league to league.

4) there should be less leagues so more value can be built into remaining leagues.

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:43 pm

ok im add to this thread im headadmin in a league which is a very small league which i dont care that it is be less drama but regardless if you train tds they going to leave anyway and hgo somewhere else. but i would like to see is maybe having 2 leaugues do a tourney at one time instead of having 5 at same times. and i agree tourney should start no later then 15 mins after start time. but then sometimes its hard to close if you need the one person. and on that thought jonas about the power of silencing someone like guide does all over people will take advantage of that. so it should be kept in league. another feature i would like to see is the kick and banned from table for tds and not get kicked and banned from player.

ty luvcookies :cookie:

JohnTourney

Post by JohnTourney » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

I have 2 improvements I would like to see.

1. Ability to edit the tourney posting board http://www2.silvercrk.com/tourny2/index.html . Once a tourney is posted, if an error was made, the only option is to delete it and start over.

2. I would like to see Silvercreek provide a Apple IPAD edition of Euchre. As I'm sure you are a where, IPAD has its own operating system which is different from the Apple computers. If in the first week Apple can sell over 2 million IPADS in the US, its my guess I am not the only Silvercreek member that owns one. How nice it would be to play euchre on it.

sandman_6373

Post by sandman_6373 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:06 pm

This is the sandman_6373 The HA of the krazy kottage. I have 1 thing I would like to see added to the ranks of the Ha to be disbursable by the Ha of the league to their admins and or td's. I would like to see the power to block or remove Individuals from your lobby that are not members that are being disruptive to your league or causing trouble. further more I feel that if u extend powers beyond the league you r in , it will cause conflicting cicumstances to the room and how it is ran , each ha has their way of running a room and doesn't need outside interferrances. also I second the motion for an edit feature on the lobby board to be able to correct mistakes instead of deleting and having to re add the tourney. thank you , sandman_6373

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:09 am

I would like to see PARTNERSHIP added to options when creating a tourney.

I would like to see the tables automatically set to the tourney's fixed option starting at the tourney time with a reset button to click once the tourney is over.

I would like to see the HEADTD in a diffrent color and the HEADTD but only the HEADTD should have better control over his room; being able to see player's IP, being able to kick and ban from the room.

Thank you for your interest in our well being :-)

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Post by FYREKRACKER » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:18 am

I meant if a player is banned or boxed from one room it should apply to all rooms somehow. Then the behaviour wont continue. And if a player is boxed or banned they should not be able to come sit in lobby . If a player is banned from hardwood by a guide for two weeks they think about what they have said and done and dont keep repeating the behaviour. One such player who is now an admin and td in a league called an admin a very racial ugly name and barely got a slap on the wrist for it . The tourney times should be followed not make a tourney for 8:00 and start it at 10 minutes to nine. Also in the league room it creates a chaotic environment when a player we call a jumper comes in and jumps on a table that is in the tourney you go and tell he/she it is a tourney room you need to join the league please dont keep joining tables the person just continues and doesnt listen we have no control over this person . Jonas I am pleased to see you are taking an interest here. Also when we have random tourneys or also happens in not random tourneys you close the tourney and players are dropped even though they were allowed to join because of not enough ladder buxs. This is really upsetting to someone who came in the room early made a team or went auto to sit there all that time then get dropped. Sorry to of repeated myself fyrekracker

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Post by FYREKRACKER » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 am

sorry to be so long winded is there a way to have like a board in the room a player could post their pw so someone will join them ? In world play the whisper we could do worked so nicely it kept the lobby from being so chaotic . Sometimes players need a p and it gets missed because of lobby `chat maybe a separate part somehow to post for i need a pard or something. thank you again for listening Jonas

sandman_6373

Post by sandman_6373 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:04 am

Here is an Idea Jonas, could the HA of the league be in red instead of blue so that they stand out? When people want to talk to the ha they dont know who they r , so with them being in red they r noticably different and easy to find . Also Could we create a Co-HA positin that would give the co ha the power to turn people blue. make people admin without access of changing the HA's position. just wondering if that were possible. Any way of having the amount of tdd's raised per month, and is there any way to allow bigger bux tourneys ?
like how about anniversary tourneys like 50,000 bux tourneys?ty sandman_6373 HA The Krazy Kottage ( would be interested in your thoughts?)

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:56 am

I like the idea of the head TD being able to kick/ban from the tourney lobby and to maintain that list. Such an action should also prevent that person from re-entering the lobby under any nic tied to the same license.

I don't think a ban from one tourney should have repercussions on entry into other tourneys. I wouldn't want long term players who never caused problems in mine being banned from it due to actions elsewhere between them and another tourney for several reasons. They should be allowed to continue in any tourney that the tourney admin hasn't banned them from, so I disagree with FYREKRACKER on that point. Maybe a forum for tourney admins can be created here (visibility only allowed for tourney admins) where they can share when they ban someone. Then the other admins can choose to ban or not to ban based on that info.

I mentioned the ability to see player IP addresses before, but it was explained well why this would not be provided to tourney admins or even to guides. I think the above suggestion of banning players and having that apply to all nics removes the need to see this info.

Being able to edit tourney calendar entries is also a good idea that was brought up. I don't have an opinion about any of the other suggestions, but keep in mind not all tourneys are affiliated with cases ladder, and so ladderbux and other concepts like that would not apply.

One original idea I have to offer... the Tournament of Players (hearts) existed for years prior to finding a home on Silver Creek. One prior medium was on a site called MPlayer (not to be confused with Microsoft Media Player, lol). A really awesome feature there was audio.... you could actually hear the people's voices in the lobby in addition to having lobby text. This was in the mid-to-late 90's when this was going on (before Skype and other VOIP apps really took off). Long time TOP players speak fondly of those days as it added a personal dimension to the tourney that is missing now. Voice was not turned on when in a game, and IM software was disallowed since people could cheat that way.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 pm

another thing jonas i like to see along with the kick and ban player from table that dont belong there and where they cant kick and ban us tds and admins. I would like to see if possible and not sure it is which is hard on admins and tds is when spades crashes can you take the players back to the game.Instead of starting over. and i would like dif colors of head admins in leagues

ty luvcookies :)

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Post by FYREKRACKER » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 am

[quote][/quote]Well my point in the player being banned for a period of time from all leagues the behaviour that they do would stop. WE dont kick or ban for minor issues usually take a player to a table and explain what they have done and warn them to please discontinue that behaviour. But i have heard a few players in smoots say i got banned for two weeks and i dont want to have that happen again so they watch what they say and do. I hate that I ever have to use the silence or warn button on grown adults. But sometimes there is no alternative.

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:59 am

i have to agree with you FYREKRACKER i dont bann noone from my league but i will ask them to stop in lobby and if they continue i tell them its last time they get silence. now if they cuss in lobby yes i do silence them and see if i can get a guide to come in and if they see a guide come in they leave and dont come back.But like i say i would love to see a kick and bann from table and spades crashes go back to same game

luvcookies

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:28 am

FYRECRACKER, I believe that *you* would only use the feature for serious reasons that *should* be serious enough to consider banning a player from all tourneys and leagues. Would you feel the same way about me? I am not sure such a power would be equally applied by all head admins in all leagues the same way. Imagine how you would feel having a good, regular, well-behaved player in your tourney banned for what you consider a spurious incident somewhere else.

Therefore, having the power to ban someone from your own lobby, and then privately sharing your incident on a message board viewed only by other tourney admins would be the best way to handle it, in my opinion. Allowing other head admins to control the ban of these same players in their own tourneys and leagues seems the most safe way to handle.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."