Tourney/League feature requests

larryboy1956
Guide

Re: Tourney/League feature requests

Post by larryboy1956 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:15 pm

It would also be nice if the HA could edit the welcome message in his room!

Lisa15047

Post by Lisa15047 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 pm

I think it would be a good idea, if the td running the tournament could have a different color in the room, than the other staff members.

augustbabyg

Post by augustbabyg » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:28 pm

My Question

1 Why is so Many leagues open and Its just an emty room No tourneys are being hosted there?

2. I think it should be a limit on leagues, and only active leagues should keep rooms, Non active leagues should be removed after 90 days

3.Tds should be know where and how to find guides.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Looking over these features, some of them would be best served if we actually had our own tourney setup, not just rooms. Who's running the tourney is one example so it more automated features to help TDs manage the event.

IF we we're entirely self contained (ie you didn't need to use an external site) What features would we need to make to do that? What new ability could we do then? I want you guys to think big, not just minor tweaks. This is kinda a brainstorming session, so just let it fly.

One thing we could do would be to have a tourney close on time, and that people would be automatically seated into their table. We could maybe have a league leaderboard. We'd know who out of the TD's is the current active one (or more)

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Post by FYREKRACKER » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Like i said I only ban for distructive type behaviour such as a player called another a nigg you know the rest of it he should be banned for a few weeks to think about it. A htd cancelled anothers tourney while they still hosting it someone you wouldnt think would do such a thing .I dont ban for simple things but why should a player who is so well behaved in one league go to another and create chaos knowing they wont pay consequences exept only in that room. It is lack of respect and players should be penalized for it I have spent lots of money and time over these years to build a league and really just want to provide drama free fun for the players. Last nite a player kept going off in lobby after I had asked him to please if you have a problem call me to a table or talk it out on yahoo he wouldnt stop there is no guide around. Often I am unable to find a guide when rude names come sit in lobby etc . Anyway we have covered that subject well lol prollly people gettin sick of it. I hate that we even have to silence a grown adult . I just dont want players abused by another or my staff abused . Fyrecracker

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Post by FYREKRACKER » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:12 pm

I would like the ability to be able to host a tourney for low rates and a tourney for high rates because there are many who cant compete with some of the pards who have played together forever who should be able to pard who they want. Also an independant panel u could send a game log to if u suspect someone of cheating . The ladder buxs prizes are so outta site usually noo one gets much use outta their buxs unless they gift them to others. But would hosts want to give big buxs if they could use the buxs to get things guess kinda a catch 22. It costs $50 to have a plus account with better features than a regular account its kinda steep . And cases system only lets you gift a gold membership that lasts for one or two months and you cant gift it to a player who already was gifted once so why would they want to play the gold giveaway. The system to join the ladder sometimes confuses players so they just give up and dont join. Cases doesnt care what is on tourney pages and some stuff is way to graphic . Jonas this would be so awesome to have a new revamped system Fyrekracker

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm

im respond to this fyrecracker you have the buttons use them and keep going and file report so jonas and them can read it. when you run league dont matter how much money you put in it try to keep it drama free they will be tired of being silenced

luvcookies :cookie:

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Jonas' post has me thinking. The Tournament of Players doesn't use any external helps (such as Cases' Ladder uses). So, in that way, if we could have the rooms auto-set properly based on the type of game (several kinds are valid, so TD would have to change on the fly if it's 1st round, semifinal, final, playoff, or EOM/EOY tourney). The aid of room setting tools and tracking who advances would be of use too, such as Cases' has (though again, ours is more complex as we have top 2 advance from 1st round, winners from semis, and sometimes wilds to ensure we have tables of 4, with wilds being based on point differences between players).

Maybe this is too much to ask for. <grin>

You can forget all this if we can get lobby audio, lol.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:18 am

Jonas,
I once had close to 1000 members in my flipamies league and I finally cut it down to app 100 because the more people there are in one place, the more trouble there is going to be and believe me, it was more like kindagarden than anythong else. Having that said, if you want hardwood tourneys to have it's own leaderboard along with stats, expect allot of people to compete but expect allot of trouble too. I think that the present formula of different leagues with a controled number of players is the best way to go. The only thing to clean up are the glitches.
Should you absolutely want to move ahead with the project you are proposing, it will require hunderds of manworking hours because the whole thing needs to be automated ( leaderboard, statistics etc...) and that would be extremely costly. As you know, I run a french league and it wouldnt be very useful for me cause I always need to translate everything on to my own website so personnaly, I prefer to remain as I am but get a few improvements such as the HA in a different color, PARTNERSHIP added to the tourney options and a better control over my room and being able to edit the welcome message.

augustbabyg

Post by augustbabyg » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:16 am

what i would like to see is a sound button in the room, so many times members step away doing whatever and we start tourney then we have to wait for them to return are get sub. I think if we had a horn are voice microphone it would be real cool.

I would also Like to see member who disrupt tourneys and keep coming back harrasing the Tds Banned from the room until ther Ban is removed. I have had member come back in different Nick to curse at me while I have been tring to host a tourney. This isnt fair to the other Members. :D

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:33 am

Sailing_Away wrote:Jonas' post has me thinking. The Tournament of Players doesn't use any external helps (such as Cases' Ladder uses). So, in that way, if we could have the rooms auto-set properly based on the type of game (several kinds are valid, so TD would have to change on the fly if it's 1st round, semifinal, final, playoff, or EOM/EOY tourney). The aid of room setting tools and tracking who advances would be of use too, such as Cases' has (though again, ours is more complex as we have top 2 advance from 1st round, winners from semis, and sometimes wilds to ensure we have tables of 4, with wilds being based on point differences between players).

Maybe this is too much to ask for. <grin>

You can forget all this if we can get lobby audio, lol.
Nothing is too much to ask for.... actually I want to know what would be the dream scenario. And then I also need to build our and design a feature set, so details of what you would need are important.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 am

larryboy1956 wrote:Jonas,
I once had close to 1000 members in my flipamies league and I finally cut it down to app 100 because the more people there are in one place, the more trouble there is going to be and believe me, it was more like kindagarden than anythong else. Having that said, if you want hardwood tourneys to have it's own leaderboard along with stats, expect allot of people to compete but expect allot of trouble too. I think that the present formula of different leagues with a controled number of players is the best way to go. The only thing to clean up are the glitches.
Should you absolutely want to move ahead with the project you are proposing, it will require hunderds of manworking hours because the whole thing needs to be automated ( leaderboard, statistics etc...) and that would be extremely costly. As you know, I run a french league and it wouldnt be very useful for me cause I always need to translate everything on to my own website so personnaly, I prefer to remain as I am but get a few improvements such as the HA in a different color, PARTNERSHIP added to the tourney options and a better control over my room and being able to edit the welcome message.
Well right now I'd like to think big so we know where we COULD go, and then we can always scale back as resources permits. But From a design perspective I need to know where to point the ship. :)

So if you can bullet point out all the features you'd want in an automated system, that would be useful. Once I have the big picture, I might even grab a few of you to help refine the design.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 am

augustbabyg wrote:what i would like to see is a sound button in the room, so many times members step away doing whatever and we start tourney then we have to wait for them to return are get sub. I think if we had a horn are voice microphone it would be real cool.

I would also Like to see member who disrupt tourneys and keep coming back harrasing the Tds Banned from the room until ther Ban is removed. I have had member come back in different Nick to curse at me while I have been tring to host a tourney. This isnt fair to the other Members. :D
I think a room restriction could be a possibility. Do you think this would be something that any TD of the room should have, or should this be a League Admin thing? I know a lot of league are pretty casual about the folks they assign as TD. I suppose at the very least we would want to allow the Head Admin the ability to undo the action. I'd like some feed back on how that whole system would work.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:42 am

Keep in mind folks ways we could use automation to reduce your and our efforts keeping everything running. This might mean we need to think about fundamental changes to the tourney system.

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:32 pm

jonas i think a room restriction would work because when you do as augustbaby said they do come back in dif nics and cause problems or when their silence is up they come back and cause more problems. that it could be up to headadmin in league to ban them from their room

ty luvcookies