Tourney/League feature requests

CrayOnBaby2

Re: Tourney/League feature requests

Post by CrayOnBaby2 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:22 pm

AKiss4Luck wrote:I have mentioned it before... I think a 'wake up' sound when your name is typed out would be awesome! This would really help in the leagues. Would be a nice tool for everyone tho to wake their friends up in lobbies. Mplayer used to have this feature and it really came in handy. Nic would have to be typed out exactly to hear the ' Wake up!'
i know this future from other pages and it works fantastic. u need to type a command and the name ... like /ring Name and the person gets a "ring" at the other end. would be cool to have it.

greets City_Slider admin in Fire N Ice / Euchre

Solitary_Angel
Active Poster

Post by Solitary_Angel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm

I think the ability to preset tables for game being played be nice like cases rooms. It would cause less confusion and just make it click and play. Of course I am talking about in gammon but see no reason why this couldnt work for all the games. The option could be use it or not, Would have to enable it to be ranked or non ranked games. Also feel that if a tournament isnt posted within 30 min of tournament time then shouldnt be able to post it. This would cut down on leagues trying to post their tournaments within minutes of another leagues per say I have seen this happen. Sometimes the competition between the leagues is worse than a shoe sale at famous footwear.

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:38 pm

We presently have a problem with a Spades League posting every hour, on the hour, on the Hardwood Board. They are posting the fact that they are on Vacation for TWO weeks. This posting is in Bright LARGE CAPS and is taking up space for the rest of us wanting to advertise tourneys to our members. IS THIS GOING TO BE ALLOWED FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS? A little over a year ago a league posted on the Hardwood board about an HA who had passed away. The league was wanting hardwood members to sign a memorial for the deceased. THE LEAGUE WAS ASKED TO TAKE IT DOWN. Is a vacation more important than signing a memorial page? I was under the impression that this type of posting was not allowed and leagues should email members from their Administration page? If we are going to be allowed to post other than our UP COMING TOURNEYS I also would like to use the board for miscellaneous topics. Thank you for your time on this matter.

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:24 pm

I have to agree with a lot of opinions posted here; But I feel some are asking for to much power within/outside the tourney room.

1) No one should be allowed to ban a member from other league rooms when having a problem within their own room.

a: Reason being this: Over a month or so ago I was playing in a league room with my HA. We had a good time playing our game and left. Immediately my Ha was IMed on Yahoo Messenger and asked to withdraw from their league. Their reason being they had TD'ed with my Ha in a League that now isn't even in Hardwood; And did not like my Ha. This Ha refused to do as they asked because no rules were broken, but later the Admin from this league banned them.

b: This goes to show that to much power is not always a good thing. Ha's and TD's should not be allowed to use banning and boxing into other leagues. Jonas, if you would like to correct and reinstate this Ha please contact me.

2) I also agree that we need to stop giving out rooms to more leagues when the leagues we have are already hurting for members to play through out the day. It is unfair to TD's giving freely of their time to have to put up with this.

3) I also agree that rooms in Hardwood that are inactive for more than 90 days be removed.

4) I feel also that a tourney should be started within at least 15 Min's of posted tourney time. After 15 Min's. the tourney is removed from the hardwood board anyway. This I feel is common courtesy to all TD's running a up coming tourney.

5) No TD's or Staff from another league should be allowed in another League room trying to get members in that room back into their room to play. This is common courtesy to other leagues. USE YOUR YAHOO MESSENGER, ETC. when these members stray from your rooms.

6) Would be nice also if the HA had a red color for their name so as members knew who to contact for a problem.

7) MAJOR PROBLEM..... For All staff to have a REMOVE FROM ROOM BUTTON for people not in a tourney jumping on tables and causing problems running a tourney. I do not feel it necessary to remove these people from other league rooms. If other leagues have the same problem then let them use their REMOVE FROM ROOM BUTTON.

When a Staff member bans a player from the league You Jonas should send out a request asking why this person was banned. Also, the person who is banned should receive something to explain what happened to cause this action. I believe Hardwood is selling a software product to the public allowing them to play in any room they wish as long as they follow that leagues rules. And Jonas, Hardwood is responsible for all Leagues Actions when doing something of this nature.

9) Also: I would like to agree that it is frustrating to a TD,and a member to be dropped, because the member signed up without enough buxs to play. There should be a way to not allow a member to sign up without enough buxs. This would give the member time to ask for buxs and then get to play in the TD's tourney. I realize that this is a Cases' problem, but I am sure Jonas that you may have some influence with them to get this corrected.

10) I would like to thank you Jonas for allowing us the time and space here to make Hardwood a better place for all of us.
Last edited by L7d7w7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I agree with the previous poster.

The only thing I would question is the point about not having enough bux. Not sure what that is in the context of Hardwood.... Ladderbux from Cases are an entity only to Cases and have nothing to do with SCE. Not sure there is anything SCE can do about it then if someone doesn't have enough of these bux to play.

My advice there would be to drop the requirement for bux, or even drop the association to Cases Ladder.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Noble Chick
Active Poster

Post by Noble Chick » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Im HA/Owner of Noble Spaders We have had our Sit N Play League here for 5.5 years now.
I believe we have all the tools we need here to host Tourneys with hardly any problems
What I would like to see for Hardwood/Silvercreek is
1) Some New Avatars
2) Friends/Buddy List
3) option for Blind Nil that it can be bid at anytime or not at all
4) some how have chat so we can see lobby and table at same time
5) Leagues that dont Host tournies for 30 days, should have their rooms deleted
so that players know the ones that are there are Active
6) Leagues I think should be grouped together on a League Board in League Lobby
for instance Team Ladder, Single, Pards, Sit n Play, etc Im not even sure how many diff ones there are
but I do walk the Halls occasionally and stop in to see new Leagues :P
7) Alot of times I addy my Tournies and players dont even know how to get to us or other Tournament rooms,
thinking maybe a bigger better page for Leagues and Social Rooms ... is in order
8. New Fooms or something New might be kewl like everything else u buy like a new car each year u get new toys
Id love some new Toys and maybe it would bring more players in also cant hurt
9) It seems HW is a very social place lol alot just sit in the Lobby and Chat more than play
thinking we need a specific Chat room sorta like Ventrillo where u can either type or even voice talk
so its not at the table so it wouldnt constitute cheating in games
10) one last idea maybe a scrolling League tourney lobby would catch the eye of more peeps
and therefore Sit n Play more Tournaments

thats my 2 cents!!!
would love feedback only cause maybe you could excite me even if even ONE of those top 10
are in our near Future Tee Hee

Happy Spading!!!

Hugggs :heart:
NC
Be Good or Be Better!

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:00 pm

xyz
Last edited by L7d7w7 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Chick
Active Poster

Post by Noble Chick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 am

Most of what Ive read is things that Leagues need to do themselves,
make more rules, whatever it takes theres way to deal with all
problems here...
Having issues with staff? then hand pick them
better theres not one TD Past or present that I had a problem with,
and we've trained im sure more than 80TDs by now.

Start Tournies on time! We say we start @ 11Est,
we start @ 11est That way anyone that has played with us knows you better
be there or else, players will be there if they wanna play :P

I dont believe in Banning players, never have, never will
if whomever comes in and disrupts a tourney all the regs know its
gonna be the noob lol We deal with them right away in whatever
capacity it takes. In 5.5 years Ive only had TWO players that
really got my adrenaline going he he
Because they can have 40 names and you only seen the one name
how can you Ban anybody unless you go to a guide and get them
to do it. Ive found if you,tell them a your not wanted in this
room scenario they leave, and if they do come back to play
they generally dont say a word if they want to play LOL
This is just from my own past experiences in Noble Land,
Drama not allowed EVER and thats the way I like it,
ah huh, ah huh.

Maybe we've been lucky I dunno but I havent had to call a Guide
to do my job ever !

I hate having to be the Boss, but when I have to ,I have,
Id much rather, just play, like everyone else he he

Happy Spading!!!

Huggggs

NC
Be Good or Be Better!

FYREKRACKER
Noob

Post by FYREKRACKER » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 pm

I didnt ask for power over any other league simply said it would be nice if a player consistently causing problems has a penalty of being banned from hardwood for amount of time so they would think before again resuming the behaviour. The ban would be consistent with what the guides use in smoots its amazing that adults need timeout . When a player causes uneeded drama in lobby such as calling out a player and calling him dumb or worse she / he should not be able to leave that room and go play in another room with no consequences. So she/he is boxed in my room she/he simply plays the other room for the period of boxeing. If /she/he was not allowed to play in hardwood or was banned to darkhorse I would bet the behaviour would stop . I would love the zapp or wake up button to get a players attn when they up. I keep saying going to get a mud zappper lol. Hey jonas maybe you should play in each room a few times to u see what happens sometimes. he he :)

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:19 am

Jonas,

To create standings and stats for one global league on hardwood is one thing but to create that for each and every league is another thing and that is what would be required. Personally, what I require for my flipamies league is a leaderboard based on the same system as MYLEAGUE along with stats such as most wins, most losses, most games etc... all automated. I dont see what good it would be to create all that since MYLEAGUE provides it all already but if your intention is to adjust the system where it automatically records laddergames without the looser having to report his loss himself, well that would be a great idea.
As far as power is concerned over a room, yes I believe that the HA of a league should have full power over his own room being able to ban from his room when necessary but ONLY his room. Other leagues and rooms are NOT HIS BUSINESS. The game's options in the league's room should automatically set for the tourney start time and there should be a reset button that the TD can click once the tourney is finished. Of course, this requires hundreds of manworking hours to create and I wonder why you want to do that when there are still minor glitches hanging around.
I also believe that all leagues should be equal and none should have favorable attention like you give to the case,s ladder leagues. We all work very hard at singning new players and yet case's ladder only requires that a player enters the room to be automatically signed-up.....NOT FAIR. So basically, what I am saying is whatever you do, please be fair and equal to all.
A HA should be in a different color than the TD's.

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Jonas, It would be nice if all HA's and TD's in Hardwood Spades could receive a monthly updated list of all active Guides. If we could put them on our Yahoo Messenger it would be easier for all of us when they are in need. There are times in a Tourney room we need a Guide immediately and most of the time can not find one. Thank you.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:46 pm

L7d7w7 wrote:Jonas, It would be nice if all HA's and TD's in Hardwood Spades could receive a monthly updated list of all active Guides. If we could put them on our Yahoo Messenger it would be easier for all of us when they are in need. There are times in a Tourney room we need a Guide immediately and most of the time can not find one. Thank you.
What if you had maybe a /guidealert sorta command. Any guide that was online would see that you sent it out and from what room.

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:22 pm

i think guide alert is good idea but it should only be used for headadmins and co admins in the leagues so the guides can see what was handled first
luvcookies :cookie:

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:34 pm

xyz
Last edited by L7d7w7 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Jonas wrote:
L7d7w7 wrote:Jonas, It would be nice if all HA's and TD's in Hardwood Spades could receive a monthly updated list of all active Guides. If we could put them on our Yahoo Messenger it would be easier for all of us when they are in need. There are times in a Tourney room we need a Guide immediately and most of the time can not find one. Thank you.
What if you had maybe a /guidealert sorta command. Any guide that was online would see that you sent it out and from what room.
This would be an excellent ideal Jonas. Hope that something of this nature can be done. Thank You. L7d7w7