Problem vistor

ginny21
Noob

Problem vistor

Post by ginny21 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:19 am

Hi All

We have had a problem person in our room under several names for the 6 months. My Co-Ha Grouch_2_U sent in a complain
to hardwood about 3 weeks ago, explaining our situation and all his nic's. He received an email back saying that you
would investigate. We have heard nothing back yet, but again this morning the guy came in under a new nic. Here are his nics: bigshowcass , makin_history , hardwood_champ , link_the_dwarf , Itunes , scoring_tricks , canuck_critter. We usually end up siliencing until he leaves, but he does cause problems before we discover who he really is. I know he has been in to other leagues who have had to do the same thing with him. Is there no way to control this guy? We would really appreciate a response to this request.

League Name: Exhale Euchre
"Ha" : Ginny21

Thanks

Ginny21

sandbar
Guide

Re: Problem vistor

Post by sandbar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:23 pm

As soon as he gets silenced in the leagues, he then comes into Smoots and disrupts the lobby complaining bitterly about how he has been treated by the leagues, I have spoken with him in glendas a few times now, at his request, I have explained he needs to refer to support, as guides don't interfere with league rooms.

But this guy never gives up, he then comes over to Hearts and starts whingeing again about the leagues and how the guides never do anything to help him, and why are we here then if we can't make the leagues let him play, etc etc etc
He instigates all the troubles in the leagues, can there be something done about him to help the leagues out please.

ginny21
Noob

Post by ginny21 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:41 am

Well thanks for your input Sandbar, he came in again yesterday morning and started causing more problems. We need HELP, the reason we have the tools is so we can control these kind of things, but when it's the same person over and over and over again, it gets old fast. If someone gets out of line in smoots and they get enough complaints that person is banned from the site. This should also be the way it is in the league rooms!!!!!!! Next time he comes in i'll make sure to have my td's call a guide, but if we silience him he leaves before the guide comes in. So what do we do???? Where do the leagues stand with this issue?????

HW AKA50
Active Poster

Post by HW AKA50 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 pm

grumpie and i had a run in with this player today she took his nic which was goddam_devil ,..then he bad mouthed grumpie about it and i silenced him for 60 . so yes we need to have admin take a hard look at this guy ...he seems to think he can do what he wants to do and we are not suppose to do anything about it claims he doesnt understand why we pickin on him ...
aka50
"Today is the tomorrow you was thinking about yesterday"

AKA

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:08 am

It's been a while since we had a player like that in TOPs. I can understand the frustration level, and while I agree that perhaps it's best to leave banning in the hands of Silver Creek admins, I would like to have some limited power that can help immediately. In addition to kick, warn, silence 10 and silence 60, can TD's be given the power to ban from the tourney room any person related to that nic's account? Such a ban should only be limited to that room only, so this would not affect any other tourneys nor the public rooms and lobbies.

It is important to link this ban to all nics from a single account due to the problems mentioned above.

Fortunately, we have no one in mind that we need this for at the moment, but I think all our TD's would like this ability for extreme cases.

Then the Silver Creek admins can deliberate on their own time whether this ban should be extended beyond just your tournament.

My two cents....
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."