question

larryboy1956
Guide

question

Post by larryboy1956 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:24 am

for Sailing_Away,

witn the new version, how do you position the lobby chat in the game while playing ? I just can't seem to find a way to position it without hiding some cards and it makes it difficult to TD! If jonas would add a board positioning option like there is in version1, it would settle the problem of course!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: question

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:45 pm

I don't really have any difference at all between version 1 and version 2 for where the lobby chat window goes if i happen to be playing a game. You can resize the chat window it in either version how big you want it and place it where you want it. I always put it in the top left corner and size it just big enough that I don't miss anything important at my own table.

Hope this helps!
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 am

that's what I do too . . . was just wondering cause in version1 we could position the table to the right side which leaves plenty of space for the lobby chat on the left....which we cant do in version2. Thanks anyway ;-)

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:01 am

I don't think I ever knew you could move the table itself in version 1. Sounds like a feature they need to bring back.... I would take advantage of that one if I knew about it LOL.

Actually I still use the v1 client for hosting since we have special TD nics for our tourney different from our player nics. Jonas hasn't provided us with any resolution to this. I don't mind supporting SCE with one version 2 player account going forward, but I think it's a bit much to ask us to pay for 2 when we volunteer our time and effort into being a TD anyway. So... I will play as Sailing_Away on version 2, but host as 1TOP Sailor on version 1!

And God forbid they ever stop us from being able to do that.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:54 am

OH well . . . in version 1, login and start a game; right click on the table and you will get the "board position" option along with a few more such as "card scale". I totally agree, with the time and effort we put in the game to host the players on hardwood, we shouldn't have to pay!