there is no I in Team Work

RubyDiamond
Noob

there is no I in Team Work

Post by RubyDiamond » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:13 am

You know...enough with all the backstabbing. Recently several TDs from other rooms have left their home rooms due to various reasons...so let the truth be told and if the truth hurts SO WHAT...be an adult and start acting like one.

I posted a forum on a particular leagues message board recently to tell the HA that she treats her TDs like garbage and that if she wasn't careful, no one would want to play in that room anymore - and i have first hand knowledge of that. My message was removed from their forum page so no one can see it now and then i received several IMs from a member of that admin staff swearing at me. WOW, you should really be so proud of yourself for that. It only encouraged me more to make my room and a few others the best on the ladder and to have as many active peeps as possible.

I am very much a team player and appreciate the time and dedication that every single one of these TDs puts in each week ON TOP of their duties as an employee at their jobs, being parents, a spouse and hosting tournaments. If they were getting paid money, i could see them taking some of the garbage that is being handed out to them by their HAs. HOWEVER, they nor the HAs are being paid for their time and efforts and we ALL SHOULD START BEING A LITTLE NICER TO EACH OTHER AND ACT LIKE ADULTS INSTEAD OF 2 YEAR OLDS.

I will play in other rooms whenever and where ever i feel like and support each and every room i am a member of...whether it is my host room or not.

One TD in particular was pretty much running a room single-handedly while the rest of the rooms' staff is off running around leaving her holding the bag...and when u go to a rooms site and see it has been over a week since anyone else has run a tourney other than one person....well let's just say the rest of the TDs and HTDs, Admins and HA's should be ashamed of themselves. Granted there are extenuating circumstances such as caring for a family member where they are put on leave of absense. But if you run a room, u need to put forth just as much effort as everyone else is and if you don't, well then u don't deserve to have a room in the first place.

There is a bunch of former TDs that started a new room who are a group of very sweet people. They take pride in hosting tournaments and are some of the hardest working TDs that Hardwoods has. Hardwoods should be proud of the fact that those individuals work as hard as they do. They are a prideful bunch and i'm glad to personally know each and everyone of them.

I work for a Major corporation and if anyone in that company acted the way some of you folks are....let's just say, they wouldn't have jobs right now. We are all part of the same team...the Hardwood Euchre Team! And I'm really proud that I belong to that team and will do what ever it takes to make it be the best online euchre site on the internet. But stop sacraficing the people that will make it the best there is to be and let's not make all of our faithful followers suffer. There are enough folks to go around for each room and we all need to work together alot more to make HARDWOODS A SUCCESS!

star_gazer_75

Post by star_gazer_75 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:28 am

Amen Ruby...very well said

I fully agree that no TD should be made to feel guilty for supporting other rooms, because if we did not have each other's support whose would we have? I support as many as i can and still keep the staff in our room supported as well.

But due to how staff and league members are treated in a few rooms I have not returned to play and support them. I for one have met many great people on HW and in order to keep these great people here, we all need to work together to make this a fun and enjoyable site.
Last edited by star_gazer_75 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:29 am

Believe me there are many of us that very much appreciate the work and time the TD's HTD's and Admin's of the leagues put forth.

Hardwood is the best and we appreciate any one who gives of their time to make it that way for one and all.

I am woman I am strong

naughtychick
Noob

Post by naughtychick » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 am

I couldn't have said it better myself. We are all adults here... let's act like it. So what if some td's leave. As we all know being a td is a choice. None of us have to do it, we want to do it. Most of us enjoye it & enjoy being able to host for the members. But I have to say when it isn't fun anymore its time to move on. When a member of the admin team starts telling lies saying this or that its time to move on. So to those of you who have made the choice to move on because you were unhappy.... Cheers to you & to those of you who choose to stay where your at Cheers to you as well. We all apprectiate tournament directors & the hard work & dedication the provide. But when all the fun is gone.... whats the point? One thing we need to remember no matter what room you td in Hardwood is 1 site & we should all remember we are a team. As Ruby stated there is no I in TEAM!!

Noble Chick
Active Poster

Post by Noble Chick » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:15 am

I am the only Admin in our league, and have had many TDs come and go all great people, I must say, but things do come up and there is Life other than card games hehe (OMG did I say that lol) and there is def no I in Team and stress that to all repeatedly.

Our league does its own thing, there is No reason why any Admins, HTDS, TDs and so on can not play where we choose to play anywhere at anytime ...Whether its Euchre, Spades etc.

We started our League to give Hardwood Spade players another option or place to play and we have had many other Leagues players, TDs and Admin play in our room, there is no reason not to greet them like anyone else that comes to play in our room. We dont see us in competition with other Leagues, I see it as we are an alternative place to play Spades.

Why any League dont get along with any other League, most likely stems from a personal nature. Most all Leagues usually are formed by someone like myself who did come from another League (but didn't we all ? ) who feel we can do a better job and have more FUN.

In saying that, isn't FUN the operative word . From Admin on down we should all be here for Fun nothing more and nothing Less...

Happy Spading!
Hugggggs
N C
Be Good or Be Better!

Jessie176
Noob

Post by Jessie176 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:22 pm

naughtychick wrote:As Ruby stated there is no I in TEAM!!
This is true BUT there is an I in Pragmatics ROFL...I had ta say somethin smart....grandmaS...Look up the word, that is what our league is based on!! We sooo cant wait to get our room!! ( 60+ members in 2 days) Could you toss in a nice word for us to Jonas?? LOL Maybe with that and our e-mails, he will be sick of hearing about us & give us a room!! :lol:
DJ_JESSIE

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:44 am

LOL I can't make rooms or admin decissions however I am pretty sure by now they know you need one :)

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Jessie176
Noob

Post by Jessie176 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:06 am

LOL ya think? The sooner we get a room, the sooner we shut up in here...now THERE is incentive!!
DJ_JESSIE

RubyDiamond
Noob

jessie's room

Post by RubyDiamond » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:28 am

Come on Jonas...hurry up and give them a room.... PLEASE WE'RE ALL DYING TO PLAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

naughtychick
Noob

Post by naughtychick » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:07 am

Ok Ladies.. I dont think harrasing Jonas is going to get us a room lmao. Keep up the good work :wink:

Moordock
Grand Master

:D

Post by Moordock » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:34 pm

On a lighter note. There may be no "I" in team, but there is certainly an "M" and an "E". :lol:

Moor

Jessie176
Noob

Post by Jessie176 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:54 pm

867 5309 jus keep sayin it over & over Moordock LOL :lol:
DJ_JESSIE

RubyDiamond
Noob

Birthday bash

Post by RubyDiamond » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:30 am

ok....PLEEEEEEAASSSSEEEE can they have their room yet? Today is SirDude's birthday and he would REALLLY like to play in Pragmatics room today....it's his 40th so PLEASE, can u give him that for his birthday? pretty please with sugar, cream whip and cherries on top?