Sharing of league rooms

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Sharing of league rooms

Post by Jonas » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:51 pm

Currently a league may share thier room with another league that has yet to be given thier own room provided the following the following conitions are met:

1) The home league fully endorses the use.
2) The league room must be used more the home league than the visiting league. In other words, the league can't abbanond a room and say it's okay to use.
3) A TD (purple) from the Home league must be present during any Visting league activities.
4) Any posting will be done by the home league as if it where thowing the tourny itself, so posting rules apply.
5) You haven't been told not to host tourneys by Silver Creek Staff.

Note: Rooms in the main hall are not to be used for guest tournies at this time.

The room shareing policy may change at any moment, so Keep an eye on this post.

Thanks
Jonas

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:04 pm

Thank you for posting on this Jonas, it should help clear some things up :)

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Thank You Sir for clearing that up for us.

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."
- Margaret Drabble

HW Angel
Active Poster

Post by HW Angel » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:00 pm

Thank you very much Jonas.

Jessie176
Noob

Post by Jessie176 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:17 pm

Hi Jonas & thank you for this posting! We are patiently (kinda) waiting for a room to be made for us though. That way we do not bend or break any rules. UNLESS a league room is kind enough to let us host. But our own room would be loverly **hint hint** :D
DJ_JESSIE

naughtychick
Noob

Post by naughtychick » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:38 am

Thanks for the information Jonas. Just what we needed to know. :D

KITTN4KIP
Active Poster

Post by KITTN4KIP » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:32 am

Sometimes we WANT to help others, as soo many has helped me when I first came to HW. I try to return the kindness people gave me. I love the sites Jonas Has put together, and God knows I have alot of time on my hands. Thank you Jonas my friend for clearing up what seemed to be a confusing situation.

Tammy aka Angels Kitty

LilRed2003_56
Active Poster

Post by LilRed2003_56 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Why is it that a room that has been around for 3 years but has to have approval again to host tourneys in it?

The last tourney held in it was about 6 months ago but the HTD/TD that was there decided he wanted to move on cuz his schedule didn't permit him to continue.

I tried to Host a Tourney in Cases Tourney Room and according to Guides who wished to talk with me about it someone filed a complaint cuz they "thought" I was trying to start a league in it.

There are 2 Cases Rooms 1 is a Tourney Room and the other is a Ladder Room.

Now according to the Guides I/we cannot do Tourneys in a room which is already established cuz they say they need the "Owner" of the room. The owner is Cases. And a TDM is assigned to the room but not in blue yet as he is a new TDM. The Guides even said they couldn't help him with going about how to get that taken care of. He did come in when I asked him too and they didn't believe me till he told them he was in charge of all the games in HW.

He was even confused as to what was going and and asked me about the whole thing after the guides left. I feel this is wrong cuz other leagues who are waiting to get a room are able to use the room as long as there is a TD in the room,notice it says TD not an owner of the room. If we can't host games in Cases as long as there is a HTD/TD on it why should any others who are waiting get treated differently??

I even asked if Ladder Games could be played it it and was told no. Its not a Tourney room it's a Ladder room. The Guides didn't even know who was the one who was the Head of the room before saying JoJoMonster ran it.

Jonas gave or Cases got the room about 3 years ago and have been trying to run tourneys in Tourney room since then. Maybe not actively but we are trying. And to be told we can't till its approved again is almost laughable. Its like they don't want Cases there they even went as far as to say it should have been removed.

I hope Cases can start doing t's there soon. If not then maybe Cases should just move out.
Live every day to your fullest.
LilRed2004

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:16 pm

Sorry Lil Red however there are rules about having a tourny room in Silver Creek, and one is you must apply and be approved by admin. If the origional owners of the room aren't around to be there to
"SHARE" the room with you then you can't use it. You just have to apply like anyone else who wants a room, you COULD put a note on your application that there is already a room that has basically been abandoned and if approved you could take over that room :)

But you can't just go in and take over any room that is in Silver Creek, they belong to Silver Creek FIRST :)

Hope that helps clear up the matter for you, if you need further detains on how to APPLY for a room please PM a guide and they will be happy to help you :)

I am woman I am strong

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:20 pm

As for the Cases Tourney room you would need to contact Patti York.. her email is pattiyork1@igl.net.
They have been looking for a HTD to run it for about 2 yrs.. Cases Tourney room has been here 6 yrs I know of.. but in the last couple years no one has been signed up with Patti York to run tourneys there.
that is cases room and is a little different than the other My League Rooms..

So if you want to do tourneys in Cases I suggest you talk to Patti York but you would have to be the HTD there and run only Cases Tourneys not My League tourneys there. or that is the way it has always been ,

I played there till they couldn't get a HTD anymore to hold tourneys. in fact last time i looked I was still #1 on the top 20 there.

- Margaret Drabble

LilRed2003_56
Active Poster

Post by LilRed2003_56 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:20 pm

:arrow: 1st off to Grandma it is a CASES room and I AM the HTD in the Cases Rooms I am not trying to start a League I was trying to run a CASES tourney in a CASES tourney room not a Myleague tourney. So I shouldn't need permisson from anyone other then a Case Rep. to allow me to do such. Since the room is already there and it is a Cases Tourney Room. And how do you "PM" a guide when HW don't have PMing capablities. Guides need a way to respond to any inquiries w/o a complaint being filed. I don't have guides on my IM's that I use freqeuntly. Yahoo sucks for that cuz it messes u my computer when I use it sometimes.

:arrow: Nana I have already been approved as the HTD in the room and was told that I could not do tourneys there cuz they need need the "Owner" of the room. The "Owner" of the room is Cases and like I said I am the HTD in the room. The one who is above me can't even get help from the guides involved to help him find out what needs to be done so he can make any other TD's who apply blue named. I can't make any new TD blue at this time which would save time in getting it done. Plus I don't even know if there is any way that I can go about getting that power. Nana you were never #1 on the ladder there as far as I can tell. I just looked and the highest you got is were u are now at #17. My HTD SN is Lilred2004, the name that I have in blue is this LilRed2003_56. It is from when I was HTD on it before and it was never taken away in the room. As soon as I can I will ask for it to be changed to LilRed2004 in the room.

:arrow: Just because someone filed a complaint that a Tourney was trying to be held there now. I being an HTD there can't do tourneys cuz some guides feel another MyLeague is trying to be started there. There shouldn't be any sort of problem to do Tourneys in the Cases rooms on any of the games here. I would like to try to get it going in Euchre but with this block going on from the Guides involved it will be hard. I was even told we couldn't do Ladder games in the Ladder room thats how uniformed the guides are about Cases Ladders. They only know the MyLeagues that are there that have HA's.

:arrow: Most people don't want to play in the Cases rooms cuz Cases has stricter rules then the MyLeagues. I feel no MyLeague should be started by anyone till they go through as a Cases Ladder TD, HTD, TDM training that way we wouldn't have so many just spring up cuz they want the power to run a league. But that is something that should be brought up to Cases, or maybe Cases do away with MyLeagues alltogether. Now wouldn't that be a mess. :lol:

:arrow: BTW I am not trying to stir up problems about all this I just feel this whole thing is wrong cuz like i said in my other post about this the last tourney held there was about 6 months ago. That person apparently left for another ladder, and please re-read my previous post and you will see most of what I said answered what u2 said needed to be done and was done.
:arrow: I AM NOT TRYING TO START ANOTHER LADDER I AM TRYING TO GET TOURNEYS GOING THERE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER ROOM THATS TRYING TO START OUT!!!!
Last edited by LilRed2003_56 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LilRed2004

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:36 pm

Sorry lil red but i looked about 3 hrs ago in the Cases Spades Tourney room and yes I was #1 there.. sorry not sure what Cases room you looking at.. but if you look here you will find i am still there and not #17 i do not know where you got that number
http://www.igl.net/hwspades/

but I know the spades one i have been #1 several times..

but you still have to go thru Patti York to hold tourneys there. and no one has ask me as a guide anything about how to be blue or anything else there.

but you do need to have Patti York let jonas know you need the blue. the last person I know of that was a HTD for cases tourney room in Spades was Kittn4kip and she is still blue there also.. in the Hardwood Spades cases tourney room anyway.
Last edited by Nana3 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Margaret Drabble

LilRed2003_56
Active Poster

Post by LilRed2003_56 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:41 pm

In Euchre Nana is where I am talking about. I hate spades cuz to many people take that game to seriously. BTW if you would look at my siggy tag at bottom it says ............... well just go look :lol:

It has Nanagram at #17 in Euchre if thats not you I am sorry.

http://www.igl.net/hweuchre
Last edited by LilRed2003_56 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LilRed2004

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:45 pm

Sorry lil red i thought you were talking Spades but as for cases euchre.. I have never played in a tourney there so I think you have me and nanagram mixed up as I have never played or been on the cases euchre ladder only the spades one.

- Margaret Drabble

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:11 am

Lil Red Nanagram is not Nana3/guide or grandmaS/guide she is not a guide she is a player, if you look at her name when she is around it is not blue :)

To PM a guide or anyone else, you do it from the discussion board (thats here) look at the bottom of the post there are buttons that say PM, IM etc. click on PM and it will let you send a Private message from this board to the person who wrote that post.

If rather then posting here you email support@silvercrk.com and also contact Patty York as Nana told you, you maybe able to get your problems worked out. But you have to go through the proper channels to do that. You have to go direct to SCE admin, and Cases admin to get what you need.

I am woman I am strong