mac problems - OSX 10.5.2 and Leopard Graphics Update

a10inthedark

mac problems - OSX 10.5.2 and Leopard Graphics Update

Post by a10inthedark » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:34 pm

i just purchased your spades game and downloaded it to my macbook.....whenever i start the game i get a brief black screen then nothing..i've uninstalled and downloaded 3 times now and same thing happens...any help available please.....i'm on a new macbook with os x leopard and all the latest drivers ty in advance

lh_flyboi@yahoo.com

Re: mac problems

Post by lh_flyboi@yahoo.com » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:05 am

I have the same problem. But my problem started once I updated my macbook 2 days ago.

butch67

Post by butch67 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:55 am

ame here. I have HW Hearts on my iMac desktop. I recently bought a new MacBook Air and ordered and paid for a second HW Hearts for the new puter, but...when I try to opne the new game on the new puter I get the Cloud window, then BRIEFLY the Registered to (My name) window, then poof, back to the desktop, no game. I cannot get to the point where I could use F6, Esc or help so I can enter my new unlock key. HAAAALP!!!

Manny
Active Poster

Post by Manny » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Following the OSX 10.5.2 update and the Leopard Graphics Update, our games no longer work on Macs with Intel GMA X3100 video. This includes the MacBook Air and the latest MacBooks. The MacBook Pro is fine as it does not use the Intel video. I've filed a bug with Apple, but not yet had any response.

The workaround is to set the game to run in Software mode so that it doesn't use the broken OpenGL driver. Unfortunately, you can't do that since the game won't run.

I've written a small utility, linked below, which will search for the settings for all of our games and set them to run in Software mode.

Double clicking the .zip file should automatically extract the app. Double clicking the SetSoftwareMode.app will pop up a confirmation box then make the settings changes.

http://www5.silvercrk.com/download/SetSoftwareMode.zip [72k]

If that doesn't get the game going, please do contact support@silvercrk.com

--Manny

Manny
Active Poster

Re: mac problems - OSX 10.5.2 and Leopard Graphics Update

Post by Manny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:00 pm

.... and 8 months later, Apple believes the 10.5.5 update should resolve this problem, unfortunately we have no means of verifying that ourselves.

dickie

Post by dickie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm

Manny,

I have a MacBook running 10.5 that was having the problem when running HWS III with the graphics in "Enhanced Mode". I upgraded to 10.5.5 and now HWS III is running fine with the Graphics Option set to "Enhanced Mode".

I did notice in "Enhanced Mode" that the cards are always "Transparent Drag" regardless of how the "Effects" is set for "Transparent Drag". In "Non-Enhanced Mode", the transparency is working correctly.

dipching

Post by dipching » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:40 pm

Here I have a Macbook Pro "Peryn" model (just before the unibody model) and the game run fine excepted I can't use "Advanced" graphics mode .... otherwise I get some black parallels strips ....
Same problem appears on my G4 MDD with a Radeon X800XT ....
Both computer are running OS 10.5.6
Have you the same problem ?

jonhmardona

classic is running

Post by jonhmardona » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Every time I open up the computer the classic is running shows up. I do not have mos 9.2 on the
compter. Can anybody help in how to get rid of this annoying srart up. I have a mac mini ppc version and
have tiger installed.