Solitaire III Graphic/Effect Options not working correctly

wurzel

Solitaire III Graphic/Effect Options not working correctly

Post by wurzel » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:21 am

Hello!

I just recently bought a new licence (had the windows one already) for my Macbook Pro for Hardwood Solitaire III. When using it though I saw that there are quite a few things not working as they are in the windows Version.

Here's what I noticed:

- there are no dealing card animations, it doesn't matter wether I enable or disable the option. The cards are instantly dealt and that's it.
- the cards disappear when dragging them in enhanced mode, you see a shadow rectangle and thats it.
- there are no shadows in non-enhanced mode at all
- the option "swing cards" does not do anything compared to windows
- the options "Env Effects..." and "Lighting Effects over cards" both seem to make no difference on or off, though I have to say I didn't see them doing anything on the current windows version either.

I'm using the latest Mac OSX 10.6.2 on a Macbook Pro 17'' with an GeForce 9400M/9600M combo, switching the card the system uses does not make a difference. Using the "software mode" fix from the other thread(s) didn't help either, it seems it merely disables enhanced mode again (if it was set).

It would be nice to see the same nice things happening on the Mac when playing as when playing the windows version.

Thanks for your time!
wurzel

wurzel

Re: Solitaire III Graphic/Effect Options not working correctly

Post by wurzel » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 am

Hm, its not like this is a life threatening matter or anything, but over 1 month after the inital question and still not even a reply, a "looking into it" of sorts, by anyone of Silver Creek is quite sad.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: Solitaire III Graphic/Effect Options not working correctly

Post by grandmaS » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 am

I'm sorry wurzel, tech guys have been so busy working on fixes and up dates and new games and new features ............

They haven't really had time recently (last few months) to answer questions.

I am woman I am strong