What Kind of mouse to you use on your Mac?

What Kind of mouse do you use?

Standard 1 Button
29%
Two button
7%
Two button with Scroll Wheel
50%
3 Button
14%

Total votes: 14

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:20 pm

dmonbarren
Noob

We don't need not steenking mouse

Post by dmonbarren » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:56 am

I've migrated completely to laptop machines - at least for my use. I've still got some users at the office who just HAVE to have a mouse (of course, these are almost always the same folks who took MONTHS to figure out how to use a mouse when they were first faced with one a decade ago).

So, I just use a trackpad ... question though ... why not set it up so players could play Euchre WITHOUT the mouse (at least once the game had started)?

Ideally, I'd like to just hit a key and have it do something on screen (but that would mess up the chat ... so it will have to be a two-key, modifier-action key setup).

You can't use the Command (Apple) key, because the logical keys for Pass and Accept are p and a and Command-p and Command-a are reserved in Mac programming for the Print and Choose All routines.

You could use the Option key, but a lot of non-English systems use the Option for specific things, like umlauts and accent marks that might be important in chat, too.

You could, however, use the Control key.

So, for instance, you could set it up so:

Cntl-1 plays the first card from left in your hand
Cntl-2 plays the second card from the left
Cntl-3 etc.
Cntl-4 etc.
Cntl-5 etc.

Cntl-p - pass
Cntl-a - accept
Cntl-l - alone

Just a thought.

;-)

Manny
Active Poster

Post by Manny » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:02 pm

These keys might not be conveniently available on a laptop, but you can play with the arrow keys. Just key left/right to change selection, key up to play a card, and use the "end" key to select a trump option.

RShea

Two Button

Post by RShea » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:51 pm

Well, not exactly huge poll numbers.

Two button for me - only way to play - not a big fan of the double click.

volvoguy

best... mouse... ever...

Post by volvoguy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:59 pm

I know this won't make me popular on a Mac forum, but my favorite mouse hands-down is the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. Great tracking, nothing to get dirty, just enough buttons (left, right and back/forward for web surfing). I have their optical trackball too, which is good but quite large, so I usually stick with the mouse. Lately I've been using a cool mousepad made by 3M - it has a pattern for better tracking and a texture that keeps the mouse feet clean. I've coverted more than a dozen friends and would recommend these mice to anyone. Sad that it's one of Microsoft's only good products. ;-)

Aaron

osgorth

Post by osgorth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:18 am

I'm using a Logitech MX1000, it's the best mouse ever made, period.. Works great on all computers and OS's I've tried it with, too. :)

FredB

Post by FredB » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:57 pm

It depends.

My good old PC mouse, or the genuine mac mouse ;)

/me hopes to buy a mighty mouse soon.

Siemens Sl45
Active Poster

Post by Siemens Sl45 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:53 pm

I use both Microsoft wireless desktop keyboard with the matching Microsoft intellimouse which of course is wireless these are a great companion for my computer no hassles whatsoever.

So easy to use you could use it with ya eyes closed. :lol: :D

Only $155 at any Harvey Norman Store (Aust Only) Well worth the money.
Men are superior to all, no exceptions