Tiger Problems anyone?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Tiger Problems anyone?

Post by Jonas » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:05 pm

I had a report from a player that when they updated to 10.4 (tiger) that thier game didn't work. the graphics became blurry and the game closes down.

Has anyone else had a simaler problem?

I'm guessing since we havn't heard much that it might not be a widespread issue but I'd still like to get to the bottom of it.

xiribita

Post by xiribita » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:30 pm

Hello,
I´m trying to run he game on OSX 10.2.8 and I seem to have the same problems: colours in a blur and the game closes without reason.
I was hoping there was a solution for this......
THankx
Suzana

Just Jim

Problems w/ Solitaire under Tiger

Post by Just Jim » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:45 pm

Had no problems at all running the game under Panther but, since I upgraded to Tiger (10.4.1), the game will "Pause" and I can't do anything to start it up again. I have to quit and launch it again. Also, I've noticed that when some hands are dealt, not all cards appear.

I bought this as a gift for my wife and it's about the only thing she uses the Mac for. She really enjoyed the game and is very sad that she can't use it any longer.

It Pauses when she clicks any of the options at the top of the page -- undo, adjust volume, etc.

Any help would be most appreciated

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:42 am

Does Running the game in Fullscreen mode make any diffrence?

How about turning off "enhanced mode"?

Both of these options are found under the Options->graphics.

Just Jim

Post by Just Jim » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:31 am

Sorry it took so long to reply. Darned work gets in the way of play every time!

Only seems to have problems in full screen mode. I can, however, zoom the window to fill the screen in regular mode and have no problems.

In full screen mode, the Silver Creek enviro "flashes". Don't know how else to describe it.

And other enviros have a line along the top of the window that "flashes."

Enhanced mode doesn't seem to make a difference if it's off or on.

osgorth

Post by osgorth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:21 am

I'm also experiencing the "flashing" effect when I run full screen. Randomly, the screen makes a quick white flash all over the screen, it's difficult to explain it better.. I'm running the latest Tiger (all updates from Apple) and the Nvidia Ultra graphics card, on a dual CPU PowerMac, if that helps.

caperica

Having trouble with Tiger?

Post by caperica » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:27 am

I have Tiger on my MAC as well and have 3 of the HW games. I dont have any problems at all. What I would suggest is making sure you get all the latest updates to Tiger. One by one add them in. If you do not, you will have problems with various things. The first release of Tiger was unstable in a few areas. Especially online. So upgrade with all the new releases and you should be ok.

:wink:
Caperica

Just Jim

Been there. Done that.

Post by Just Jim » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:32 am

Thanks but. . . Did a clean install of 10.4 and gradually upgraded as each new version of Tiger has come out. Currently running 10.4.2 but still having problems. In fact, didn't have problems until 10.4.1 and problems continue after upgrade to 10.4.2. . .

osgorth

Post by osgorth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:20 pm

Same here, got my box with 10.4.0 factory-installed, and I have all upgrades since that. No difference.