Soltrio Solitare LOCKING UP, re-install doesn't work.

Feel free to post about our xbox 360 games
jasmankc

Soltrio Solitare LOCKING UP, re-install doesn't work.

Post by jasmankc » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:51 pm

I purchased Soltrio Solitare for the 360 about a year ago. I played the heck out of the progressive single player portion (jumps to different areas/backgrounds) and now every time I go into that area of the single player game (forgot name), the game locks. No buttons work and I must use the 360 main button to exit the game.

I wouldn't bother, but the unique versions of the games I like (different options, help, etc.) only reside there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still doesn't work.

I am a programmer and it appears that maybe a limit was placed on the amount of times one can play in that area, because I've won over 200 games there, and played probably a 1000 times. I dont feel I must wipe my drive clean or repurchase the game in order for it to work.

This game is the main reason why myself and wife use the 360.

I even have a replacement 360 and the problem still exists.

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:14 am

Try using a new profile.

jasmankc

Post by jasmankc » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:15 pm

It seems that the game was purchased under my profile so adding a new one will not let me use the game unless I repurchase it.

It is the Voyager portion that is locking up. I thought if I could remove the achievements, this would work, but can't seem to find a spot to do this.

Any other ideas?

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:15 pm

I think the game should work for any profile on the xbox that the game was purchased on. If you've had to exchange your xbox for a new one I think then only the profile that purchased the game will work.

Another thing you may try if you have 2 controllers is to have one controller signed into the account that purchased the game, and the other signed into a new profile. Then play the game on the 2nd controller with the new profile.

jasmankc

Post by jasmankc » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:34 am

I do have a recent 360 replacement.

How about the core of the issue. Why is Voyager locking up for my gamertag (jasmankc)? Is there no way for me/Silver Creek to fix the Voyager portion so you can keep playing it, or have the versions of the games available elsewhere? It doesn't make much sense.

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:24 am

We've had one other report of this problem. The only solution we could find is to use a new profile.

mojorojoe

Re: Soltrio Solitare LOCKING UP, re-install doesn't work.

Post by mojorojoe » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 am

I too have this problem. I followed the steps from xbox support of recovering the gamertag, deleting and re-downloading the game, and clearing the cache and it still does this. Any reason why?

trixit

Post by trixit » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:28 pm

We have the same problem!
We purchased the game and my wife played it for days and got very far.
Then one day some graphics glitches appeared in her Voyage Mode game and the whole game froze. The only way to get out was through the Guide button. The game was completely frozen and stayed frozen till today.

She can play on different profile but her progress is lost!!! She had to start from a new beginning and she simply stopped playing because she doesn't wanna to it all over again.

We tried to re-download, delete the xbox cache, etc. and nothing worked. This is clearly a mistake on Silver Creek's programming and I want to know if there is a patch coming or if you have any advice (playing on new profile is not a valid advice).

Thank you!

Adam

DarthChimay

Post by DarthChimay » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:20 am

Hi,

I too am having this issue. I've tried downloading the game again, clearing the cache, everything short of using a new profile, which I don't want to do, as I'd rather keep all of my progress. I've won several hundred games, and I wonder if the same is true of other people who have reported the problem.

In any case, if you have any ideas or anything, please let me know.

Thanks!

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Unfortunately the only solution still remains to use a new profile.