Can we get one more patch for 360 Spades?

Feel free to post about our xbox 360 games
Shamrock6699

Can we get one more patch for 360 Spades?

Post by Shamrock6699 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Hello Silver Creek Developers,

I've been playing spades on 360 since the first days it has come out. I've played it more than any other 360 game over the last 2.5 years. I pretty much play every day and have a great time with the game. However if it's is possible it would be nice if we could get a couple more additions via patch to make the game even better. I have over 70 spades players on my Friendlist and pretty much everyone is in agreement on a few issues.

1. Reset of the Leaderboards.

The leader boards have never been reset. There are a lot of people who are high ranked that haven't played spades in quite a long time. Perfect example is a person on my friendlist who is ranked in top 200 in singles and hasn't played in over 1 year. It would be nice for a reset to reward current/active players and weed out the people highly ranked who don't even play anymore. There are also quite a few people who get high ranked, then create a new Gametag and stop playing on the high ranked name just to keep their high rank for bragging rights.

2. Better Stat Tracking

It's nice that we get a true skill rank, but it would be nice to see the following categories under stats. Games played, 1st place finish, 2nd place finish, 3rd place finish, 4th place finish (for singles). For partners games played and wins/losses would be sufficient. If you can do anything this is by far the most important and most requested addition to spades. People like rank and it is a driver that keeps people coming back. It would be nice to track more stats for us and I don't think it would a huge hassle to add a few more stat tracking categories to spades via a patch. I've always wondered just how many games I've played (and being a big singles fan) I've always wanted to know how many times I've finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th out of my total ranked games played.

3. Don't lock the host into the red seat for ranked games.

In speaking of strictly singles games, it's a huge disadvantage hosting matches. This is because as host your locked into one seat always. Where this hurts the host is when a good player enters the room he can always choose to sit in front of you or avoid sitting in the seat behind you. In singles sitting in front of someone is prime setting position because they can throw off if the player sitting behind them doesn't win a book and hold their spades to cut over you. Beleive it or not there are highely ranked players that never host a room for the simple fact they always want to choose their seat, they find high ranked players and then try to sit in front of them, if they can't get the seat they leave. People should not have this type of advantage in ranked games.

What would be much more fair way to do ranked games is have 4 players enter a room, everyone sits down in a seat, then the host starts the game and the seats are scrambled and everyone is placed in a random seat.

There are still a lot of dedicated fans of Hardwood spades on 360 and I hope you guys can continue to support the game even though it is older now. You guys have done a great job of fixing bugs, and adding camera support, etc.. We only hope you can help us out just one last time to add these few additions to the game to make the experience better for all the loyal spades fans on 360.

Shamrock6699

Re: Can we get one more patch for 360 Spades?

Post by Shamrock6699 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:08 pm

Also there is still a bug that happens quite often where people lock up in the results screen after a game is finished. It doesn't happen everytime, but it does happen frequently.

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Fri May 23, 2008 10:08 am

Thanks for your feedback, I'm not sure if we'll be able to update spades again or not.

patrick7788

Post by patrick7788 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:17 am

Wow 360 Spades sound like fun never heard of it :?
I mean why be mean when you can be Nice? If you dont have something nice to say why say it? If you are nice person cool if you are a mean person please be nice.

bobo

Post by bobo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm

There is also a bug in the single player aspect of the game, between hands your score can suddenly drop 100 points. it's really frustrating
also, 360 euchre anytime soon ?........

Shamrock6699

Post by Shamrock6699 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Gromph wrote:Thanks for your feedback, I'm not sure if we'll be able to update spades again or not.

Well Gromph, thanks for the response. I figured you guys might not be able to patch the game anymore because you probably have other projects your working on. If you decide to ever patch the game again give us a heads up so we can look forward to some new additions to the game. :D

THETRUECAMEL
Noob

Post by THETRUECAMEL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:59 am

Gromph wrote:Thanks for your feedback, I'm not sure if we'll be able to update spades again or not.
you are not sure if you can or if you want toupdate spades on the 360;as to it is broke.reset the boosters;and give the host the option to kick players from a room they are not welcomed in.for real you know and i know you CAN NOT BE A RANK 50 AND NOT HAVE CERTAIN CHEEVIES; king of spades=win a total of 25 games
spades vet.=play a total of 100 games
bid beginner=win a total of 10 games
or are we here at Silver creek gonna just sit back and hope the issues will go away;i know you can't do anything on the level with MS TRUE RANK SYSTEM;but you can update the the host options of the game.many times my partner and myself had to sit and listen to GARBAGE from players that refuse to leave the seat and force us to restart a room over and over;just not in spades this issue on the 360 is in all your games;HOST DOESN'T GET THE OPTION TO KICK(UNWANTED) PLAYERS FROM THE GAME

THETRUECAMEL
Noob

Post by THETRUECAMEL » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:32 am

THETRUECAMEL wrote:
you are not sure if you can or if you want toupdate spades on the 360;as to it is broke.reset the boosters;and give the host the option to kick players from a room they are not welcomed in.for real you know and i know you CAN NOT BE A RANK 50 AND NOT HAVE CERTAIN CHEEVIES; king of spades=win a total of 25 games
spades vet.=play a total of 100 games
bid beginner=win a total of 10 games
or are we here at Silver creek gonna just sit back and hope the issues will go away;i know you can't do anything on the level with MS TRUE RANK SYSTEM;but you can update the the host options of the game.many times my partner and myself had to sit and listen to GARBAGE from players that refuse to leave the seat and force us to restart a room over and over;just not in spades this issue on the 360 is in all your games;HOST DOESN'T GET THE OPTION TO KICK(UNWANTED) PLAYERS FROM THE GAME
well i guess i guessed right just another company;who don't care about the quality of the game as long as the money is coming in.sad very sad.

THETRUECAMEL
Noob

Post by THETRUECAMEL » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:36 am

Shamrock6699 wrote:Hello Silver Creek Developers,

I've been playing spades on 360 since the first days it has come out. I've played it more than any other 360 game over the last 2.5 years. I pretty much play every day and have a great time with the game. However if it's is possible it would be nice if we could get a couple more additions via patch to make the game even better. I have over 70 spades players on my Friendlist and pretty much everyone is in agreement on a few issues.

1. Reset of the Leaderboards.

The leader boards have never been reset. There are a lot of people who are high ranked that haven't played spades in quite a long time. Perfect example is a person on my friendlist who is ranked in top 200 in singles and hasn't played in over 1 year. It would be nice for a reset to reward current/active players and weed out the people highly ranked who don't even play anymore. There are also quite a few people who get high ranked, then create a new Gametag and stop playing on the high ranked name just to keep their high rank for bragging rights.

:diamond: this issue is for MS TRUE SKILL RANK SYSTEM;as i do agree at min.90%of the leaderboards are boosted :diamond:

2. Better Stat Tracking

It's nice that we get a true skill rank, but it would be nice to see the following categories under stats. Games played, 1st place finish, 2nd place finish, 3rd place finish, 4th place finish (for singles). For partners games played and wins/losses would be sufficient. If you can do anything this is by far the most important and most requested addition to spades. People like rank and it is a driver that keeps people coming back. It would be nice to track more stats for us and I don't think it would a huge hassle to add a few more stat tracking categories to spades via a patch. I've always wondered just how many games I've played (and being a big singles fan) I've always wanted to know how many times I've finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th out of my total ranked games played.

:diamond: this is way too much coding :diamond:

3. Don't lock the host into the red seat for ranked games.

In speaking of strictly singles games, it's a huge disadvantage hosting matches. This is because as host your locked into one seat always. Where this hurts the host is when a good player enters the room he can always choose to sit in front of you or avoid sitting in the seat behind you. In singles sitting in front of someone is prime setting position because they can throw off if the player sitting behind them doesn't win a book and hold their spades to cut over you. Beleive it or not there are highely ranked players that never host a room for the simple fact they always want to choose their seat, they find high ranked players and then try to sit in front of them, if they can't get the seat they leave. People should not have this type of advantage in ranked games.

:diamond: really you believe that;no matter where you sit if someone can "bail" a card thier gonna :diamond:

What would be much more fair way to do ranked games is have 4 players enter a room, everyone sits down in a seat, then the host starts the game and the seats are scrambled and everyone is placed in a random seat.

There are still a lot of dedicated fans of Hardwood spades on 360 and I hope you guys can continue to support the game even though it is older now. You guys have done a great job of fixing bugs, and adding camera support, etc.. We only hope you can help us out just one last time to add these few additions to the game to make the experience better for all the loyal spades fans on 360.

THETRUECAMEL
Noob

Post by THETRUECAMEL » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 am

bobo wrote:There is also a bug in the single player aspect of the game, between hands your score can suddenly drop 100 points. it's really frustrating
that's called under bidding at 10 bags you go back 100;
score is set up for 350;in reality it's 35 last number is for (what is called bags)if you bid 4 and take 6 your score goes 42;when the last number of the score goes above 9 you go back 100 for under bidding your hand(s)

THETRUECAMEL
Noob

Post by THETRUECAMEL » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 am

bobo wrote:There is also a bug in the single player aspect of the game, between hands your score can suddenly drop 100 points. it's really frustrating
almost 2 yrs. this should have been answered by a MOD a long time ago..

UberPooch
Noob

Post by UberPooch » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I'd also like to see an update to Spades. There are a lot of people who play and with a few tweaks this would be a great game. The host should be able to kick a seated player before the game begins. It would also be nice to see how many times a player has been the first one to quit a game once it's started. And displaying a player's ranking next to their name/avatar would be great. I also agree with the OP that the Leaderboard should be reset to purge the players who no longer play but block those who do from moving up in the rankings.

I'd easily agree to purchase an upgrade to this game if changes such as these were available.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm

If we're given the opportunity to update the game we'll certainly pour over these suggestions.

Thanks.

UberPooch
Noob

Post by UberPooch » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

Jonas wrote:If we're given the opportunity to update the game we'll certainly pour over these suggestions.

Thanks.
So what would it take for you to be given this opportunity? The changes seem pretty straightforward and beneficial to all. Many of these enhancement requests already exist in other games. From what I've heard the dominoes game allows you to view player rankings at the table, the host can boot players prior to the game starting, etc. I haven't confirmed these statements but a couple players in the Spades game told me this.

UberPooch
Noob

Post by UberPooch » Sun May 02, 2010 4:44 pm

UberPooch wrote:
Jonas wrote:If we're given the opportunity to update the game we'll certainly pour over these suggestions.

Thanks.
So what would it take for you to be given this opportunity? The changes seem pretty straightforward and beneficial to all. Many of these enhancement requests already exist in other games. From what I've heard the dominoes game allows you to view player rankings at the table, the host can boot players prior to the game starting, etc. I haven't confirmed these statements but a couple players in the Spades game told me this.
Almost two months and no reply to this question. WTF do you guys do here? If you were to spend 10 mins in your own spades game for the Xbox you'd quickly see the problems that everyone is talking about:

1. Show the player's rank next to their name/avatar when they sit at a table. If you're a host looking for similarly ranked players you have to add that person as a friend to see them on the Leaderboard. Why would design it this way? You end up with several dozen "friends" that result in countless notifications when you login to your Xbox.

2. Allow the host to boot a player before a game begins. I've lost track of how many times a game can't start because an unwelcome player will sit down and there's no way to get them to leave. If you restart the game they just come back.

How difficult is it to upgrade the game? There's never been an explanation here as to why this can't be done. I'd gladly pay the cost of the game all over again to see these changes or I'd pay for another company to design a game and say goodbye to Silver Creek. Which one would you prefer?