Hardwood Spades 360 Locks Up

Feel free to post about our xbox 360 games
aaplfan@gmail.com

Hardwood Spades 360 Locks Up

Post by aaplfan@gmail.com » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:41 pm

I just purchased hardwood Spades for 360 the other night and any attempt to play on xbox live locks up my 360. I can play against the computer fine, but if I try to join a match right before it connects locks up. If I host a match right when the first person is about to join my game it locks up the 360. I deleted the game and re-downloaded it still having the same issues. Any ideas on how to fix it or am I out the points ?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Spades 360 Locks Up

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 am

Theres also a thread about that here too:
http://forums.xbox.com/24444133/ShowPost.aspx

We've got in touch with MS to help us figure out whats up. Hopefully its just a minor tweak on their end.

In the mean time, one person on the thread recommended deleting the game and the cache and downloading it again. I don't know if that would help or not.

If you try that and it helps, be sure to post your results.

sguillet

Post by sguillet » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:28 am

I'm having the same problem, as well as about 5-10 other people who have posted on gamefaqs.

I tried deleting, redownloading. This did not help. This is really frustrating.... Incidentally, Hardwood Hearts is working fine for me on the same xbox

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Yeah it's a weird problem, as you rightfully pointed out Hearts is running fine so thats a good sign. We're working on resolving the issue, and while I don't have an ETA for ya, be assured that it's ASAP :) Being down isn't fun for anyone.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Hardwood Spades 360 Locks Up: Workaround

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:02 pm

All players a supposed to be forced to update. For some reason thats currently not working and appears to be causing this issue.

The result is that if old versions and new versions play together Spades will lock up.

So a workaround is to find a way to play with folks that just have the updated version until the forced update gets resolved.

One way to do that, is to use the party feature, and make sure that the folks you group with are all updated too.

I think if folks redownload Spades, it should be the new version.

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 am

The problem is now fixed. Now everyone should be getting the update and no more crashes.

Sorry for the delay.