Card Game Request: New Card Art Optimized for < 30"

Feel free to post about our xbox 360 games
Calufraxis

Card Game Request: New Card Art Optimized for < 30"

Post by Calufraxis » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:35 pm

Is there any way you could provide optional card art in the game with a more recognizable difference between spade and clubs? On my parents 28" SDTV from 10' away it is almost impossible to tell the difference when the cards are played on the table. The only way to tell on the hand is because of position.

And for my parents, it is not an option to drag the recliners to the tv or to buy a newer tv :( (That would make my life much better when I visit)

It could be as simple as using a 4-color poker type deck instead of standard.

The problem is the same for Spades and Hearts and even Poker (I wish there was a standard graphics library model for Arcade). Uno doesn't have the problem as much as the card borders are uniquely colored.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there to think about. I would pay a couple hundred points for this option btw, just to make my parents happier.

-Calufraxis

dooomey
Active Poster

Re: Card Game Request: New Card Art Optimized for < 30&qu

Post by dooomey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:21 am

Calufraxis wrote:Is there any way you could provide optional card art in the game with a more recognizable difference between spade and clubs? On my parents 28" SDTV from 10' away it is almost impossible to tell the difference when the cards are played on the table. The only way to tell on the hand is because of position.

And for my parents, it is not an option to drag the recliners to the tv or to buy a newer tv :( (That would make my life much better when I visit)

It could be as simple as using a 4-color poker type deck instead of standard.

The problem is the same for Spades and Hearts and even Poker (I wish there was a standard graphics library model for Arcade). Uno doesn't have the problem as much as the card borders are uniquely colored.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there to think about. I would pay a couple hundred points for this option btw, just to make my parents happier.

-Calufraxis
there is optional cards found via the menu :)
xbox live : Doomey
"why not live your life like a mayfly?"