Subs

Wanderer
Active Poster

Subs

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 30, 2007 3:38 pm

It seems grossly unfair to me that good samaritan players who substitute for quitters lose ratings points when they lose the game. Usually a
game where they have to dig themselves out of a deep deep hole.

Also, it seems to be getting more common that BOTs are refusing to play when invited to finish a game where a quitter has left.
Keith :-P
aka, Tavli Man

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed May 30, 2007 3:45 pm

BOTS are refusing to play???????????????

I am woman I am strong

Wanderer
Active Poster

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 am

Sounds preposterous but it's true!!! :evil:

Perhaps I wasn't clear. The two issues are interconnected. The BOTs refuse to play when they are invited to complete an online game where some human player has left before the end.

The BOT joins and then just sits there. It doesn't roll the dice and/or take its turn. Kick them and invite another and the same happens again. The only way to complete the game is to wait for a human player. And who is going to want to do that when they're bound to lose ratings points? :roll:

I don't think people who volunteer to substitute should be penalised. In fact, I think they should be rewarded for their kindness with a small number of ratings points (2-5) regardless of the game outcome. :idea:
aka, Tavli Man

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:58 am

I noticed this too. I jump in a game (didn't realise i was subbing) and it says "You are joining this game at the start and are included in the ratings" After im behind 100pips....................................

I own hearts, euchre and spades.....when is this game ever gonna be free of bugs so i can buy it too???
always play your best, and keep counting.....

Gammon Time

Post by Gammon Time » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Is this problem ever going to be resolved? The bots were working for a while in early July, but once again are not working when someone leaves a game early. Thanks.

Wanderer
Active Poster

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:14 am

the count24 wrote:.....when is this game ever gonna be free of bugs so i can buy it too???
I'm hoping the BOT, subbing and cheating issues will be fixed before Christmas (2007 :roll: ). I'd like to buy it as a gift for my nephews.
aka, Tavli Man

Wanderer
Active Poster

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:56 am

tick tick tick
aka, Tavli Man

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:56 am

The server now alerts me when the bots stop playing so I can reset them. I am narrowing down the problem and will hopefully have it fixed for good soon.

Today I'll be taking a look at subs getting rated.

SybiL
Grand Master

Post by SybiL » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:28 pm

I just sat in a game as a sub and as soon as I entered the table, the game ended and lost points. In case you wanna check, game ID: 634261