Doubles, doubles, everywhere :)

How many double rolls you get average per game?

Less than 2
5%
Between 2-5
29%
More than 5
52%
Never enough
14%

Total votes: 21

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:45 pm

When i noticed I was playing a lopsided game and me or my opponent was getting loads of doubles.. I reset the table and cure the problem :)

Dont get me wrong... I love doubles, but its a bit embarressing knowing you won because you had lucky doubles all game.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

ShowMeTheBar

Post by ShowMeTheBar » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:02 pm

well, they're back, with a vengeance LOL Opp last night had 7 I had none, nada, zippo.... tonight, different nic, opp had 3 double 6s, and 4 other asstd doubles... my point is that the system is being awfully generous .. Heck, I can't even blame it on the seat color in BG LMAO Oh well, whatcha gonna do :lol:

Death_Row
Active Poster

Post by Death_Row » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:55 pm

Have you guys looked into this double issue? Something needs to be done. Never seen so many doubles in my life. Check your random number generation with other games. See if there is a difference. Bot came off with 3 sets of back to back doubles and started the next game with doubles.

I hope you guys and gals do some research into statistics....

RiverBelle
Active Poster

Post by RiverBelle » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:56 pm

Alas, the doubles saga continues. Has anyone noticed that, when you are stuck on the bar, there are a l o t of doubles rolled, of just the number you can't use. This happens quite a bit to me, and my opp - get stuck on the bar, doubles, next roll, doubles, it gets comical at a point. It's not our imagination that this is happening. Just get sent to the bar when your opp has the 6, 4 and 3 spots blocked, for example - chances are you'll roll double 6. What are the odds in real live human-rolled dice that this will happen time after time? Personally, I think the bots have gotten together and formed a union with an agenda. "Drive Belle nuts" LOL it's working. Enuff whining from me - I'm going to BG and keep on keeping on. :)

Death_Row
Active Poster

Post by Death_Row » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:19 am

Is anybody looking into your random number generator regarding this doubles issue?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:58 am

Yep done that, and it checks out fine.

Statstically the doubles are right on target for frequency which is 1 in 6 rolls.

Looks like the poll is at about a 5 double median which would be reasonable, as that would statitically work out to about 30 rolls I suppose.

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:36 am

<<<< whispers to Jonas "Remember when people mentioned the deals in cards? You made a cut deck. You gonna make a cut dice?" :lol:
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

Wanderer
Active Poster

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:36 pm

I don't usually keep track but I had a game earlier where 6 of the first 9 rolls were doubles. It slowed down toward the end but there were still a total of 17 doubles rolled in the game. Roughly one out of three. That doesn't sound very random to me. :?
Keith :-P
aka, Tavli Man

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 pm

whelp it's certainly a possiblty to have a high density of doubles in one patiucalr game. Thats a pretty small pool of data.

For instance I just flipped a coin 4 times, and 100% of the time it came up heads. Doesn't surpize me, but it does fly in the face of what we think it should come up as.

We've ran tests that are statistically significant, and the Doulbes are right on target as far as we can figure.

If your example held out for say a few games, that would be more indicative of an problem.

Death_Row
Active Poster

Post by Death_Row » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:55 pm

These doubles don't have a normal feel.... if you know what I mean...