Doubling question

RiverBelle
Active Poster

Doubling question

Post by RiverBelle » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:41 pm

If your opp throws you the doubling cube and you decline, and you are in the 1st game of 3 pt match, do you forfeit entire match - or, my opp said (I think to lull me into a false sense of security) do you only forfeit that game? I thought the box that pops up said that you forfeit entire match.... somebody (besides my worthy opp) give me the right answer please. :wink:

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:11 pm

yeah I still get confused with whats a match and whats a game.

I think we call a game a series of matches.

So you loose the match er round, but you would still have more matches to play before the game was over.

Just_Ice
Grand Master

Post by Just_Ice » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:04 am

Jonas, it might be worth finding out what the standard terminology is for a game, set, or match, or whatever, and using that.

:)

ladybug
Active Poster

Post by ladybug » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:11 pm

of course i could be wrong, but i believe the game is individual and the match is the series of games. when you are in the first game of a three point match and you are offered the doubling cube and you decline, then you lose the game, but only the first game out of a three game match. i am sure if i am wrong someone will point it out.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

Wanderer
Active Poster

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:57 am

Ladybug is right.

If you decline the first double, you lose one game. If you accept the first double, the stake is two games.

And keep in mind, a gammon in a doubled game is worth FOUR (2 x 2).
Keith :-P
aka, Tavli Man

EzRider
Active Poster

Post by EzRider » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:22 am

my mom taught me not to play with matches, so, I only play 1 game atta time. best way to remember which is which to0o Jonas ;-)