Backgammon & Vista beta

epropes

Backgammon & Vista beta

Post by epropes » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:23 am

Does anyone know if backgammon will run on Vista beta?

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:49 am

Not at this time, but we are working on it :)

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:03 pm

yeah, I think it mainly is a driver issue, and that as the video drivers get up to speed from the vendors it should work fine.

If you are thinking of installing Vista, I highly reccommend you don't install it over top of your day to day OS. Just make a new partition and install in there and dual boot to check it out.

If you want to do that, great, I'd like to see how the games work on your machine.

epropes

Post by epropes » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:10 pm

Jonas wrote:yeah, I think it mainly is a driver issue, and that as the video drivers get up to speed from the vendors it should work fine.

If you are thinking of installing Vista, I highly reccommend you don't install it over top of your day to day OS. Just make a new partition and install in there and dual boot to check it out.

If you want to do that, great, I'd like to see how the games work on your machine.
I'll have to wait then. It's still early and I know it will be hard to do much when you don't know what the release of Vista will be.

I'm on my Vista machine now. As you advise this not the computer that contains the stuff I do not want to lose. Even that one stays backedup.

Thanks,
Ed

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:24 pm

oh well give the game a try and report back. Also make sure to get the lastest vista video drivers

epropes

Post by epropes » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:04 pm

Jonas wrote:oh well give the game a try and report back. Also make sure to get the lastest vista video drivers
Well I have the release Vista and Backgammon does not play. Does not install on my Vista setup. It doesn't seem to be a driver issue because everything else will at least let me install. So far this has been the only program I've had an issue with.

I can play on my XP partition but I thought I would report back on this.

Thanks for your time!
Ed

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Ummm...

does it mean, none of HW games are *Vistable* ... :shock: ~

Shiney..*
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Actualy we've updated the downloads so it should now work with vista.

The old CDs would not work with vista, but the new ones should. But try the downloads.