backgammon "losers"

stargram

backgammon "losers"

Post by stargram » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:45 pm

:roll: i am new to the backgammon site, but not backgammon....I have a question about being stranded during middle of game...when someone is losing and just leaves, is there any way you can win the game without leaving and forfeiting??...do i have to add a bot then resign???...anyway, i seem to play with quite a few people that do this, and i dont want to lose the game because of their childishness....thanks for any help with this.... :D

Wanderer
Active Poster

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:59 pm

You can invite a BOT to play in the quitters place. However, there is a bug in the game where the BOT sometimes just sits there and won't move. If that's the case, you need to Kick the BOT and hope some kind person will come into the game and finish it with you. Win or lose, their rating is not effected. A shame really. Sometimes they win and the quitter gets the credit.

:idea: Personally, I would like to see the "Leave Game" button removed. There should be no other way to end a game other than winning, losing, resigning or abandoning.

Happy Easter.
Keith :-P
aka, Tavli Man

stargram

leaving game

Post by stargram » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:54 am

thanx for your help..hopefully gamesite will think of something

SybiL
Grand Master

Post by SybiL » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:20 pm

I'd love to see them lose more than what they woulda lost in case they stayed and finished the game :wink:

Then again.... maybe that's why some people say I am mean? :twisted:

Synderyella
Active Poster

bots won't play as sub

Post by Synderyella » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 pm

quitters win because the backgammon game is not populated enough with people willing to sub so when a loser quits they take the chance that your bots won't play and you have to abandon the game. Until that bug gets fixed the losers can quit and cause you to forefeit the game.
Unless they have the same problem I do and can't play online anymore since the latest patch to backgammon put it off limits to my unlock key
spade (spayed) my pets

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:14 am

Wanderer wrote: :idea: Personally, I would like to see the "Leave Game" button removed. There should be no other way to end a game other than winning, losing, resigning or abandoning.
I like that idea but I'd take it one stage further. If you click on "Leave Game", it would automatically give the remaining player a choice of either abandoning the game or replacing the player with a bot. Subs shouldn't be necessary in Backgammon with only two players and I have to admit that the bot AI is a lot better in Backgammon than it is in the other three games (no offence, SCE :P lol).
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)