Fire up the Wayback Machine, Sherman

Voo
Active Poster

players pics :o)

Post by Voo » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:21 am

Just wanted to shoot out a link for everyone theres a lot of players listed here as well as personal bios http://www.purplexoblivion.com/indexhw.htm most of the players are listed under "Who's Who" There are also flash movies of a few players & would love to add more of ya ! Its really "neat" to see the people we interact with online ;o)~*

grandmaS
Grand Master

Just a bump for those curious about the beginnings .........

Post by grandmaS » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:04 pm

BUMP

I am woman I am strong

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:18 pm

starfire wrote:Look from 2000/3/15/ ID#3763 is my starfire nic
And then Capt_MacLeod was just 4 monthes before look at the diff in number in 4 monthes time.
ID # 298
Created November 23, 1999.
And hey why can I not find this post any were I have link for it in my favorites is how I get here. OMG I see why now it in solitarie I never come here just other forum.
(I knew Starfire had this one. I just couldn't find it anywhere - she's right, it shouldn't just be in Solitaire anymore.)

Yep, it's time to bring this one up again - this is some of the best reading I've seen in years on HW. It's time to check it out again, remember - Reading is FUN!

What a great place to be!

Thank you, Jonas and Roo - thank you Dan and Manny, and everyone in the SCE office - you guys have really done a great job for us. I can't name the others who have come (and some who have gone) but I have a special hug for Jason who came along and filled a need we didn't even know needed filling.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone.

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:40 pm

<~~ A bit confusey...

Gromph wrote..
We actually have been around since 1994, Hardwood Solitaire Was released in 1995, Hardwood Solitaire II in 1996, Hearts in Sep 2000, Spades in Jan 2001, Euchre Nov 2001, Minesweeper Jan 2002, And Hardwood Solitaire III in 2003

Hmm, what the heck were we doing between 1996 and 2000, I can't remember...
And guess what.. On the webprofile of Sir Charles stands that Accont created on 1999-12-12 http://www2.silvercrk.com/lobby/profile ... Redirect=1

Soo.. then Hearts is actually even Older? :D

SB~
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:01 pm

well those are kinda guestimates. We probably we're testing hearts in the month or so before it's offical release.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:11 pm

I also have some nics earlier than Sept. of 2000, had a trial version before I bought the full game in July of 2000.......

JUST DUST

PS - ask me I'll bring one out LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Mina
Active Poster

Post by Mina » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Ah, this thread brings back so many good memories :lol:

Somewhere in this post it was said that Hearts was released September 22, 1999 so just for fun I installed my OLD Hearts cd from then and when I clicked to check news I found this:

So even if the dates are a bit vague, in my book I have marked November 1999 as the official birthmonth of HW's online games.

Ps. it's been a shock playing version 38 of Heart (I think we're on version 73) now. Only about half the characters and some of them looking very diffrently then usual, no box for last hand/cards passed, no partnership rules and no fooms!! :shock: I might be wrong but I even imagine the music in the newer versions to sound better lol.

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:19 pm

Wowsy~

Minaaa!!! Rofl.. I knew that it must be somethin else with an age of Hearts!! Mmmm... do u have accidently also an old cd fr Spades, for the exact Truth (as some peeps trying to xplain me like Spades were earlyer out ) :wink: ~

SB*
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 pm

Yes because I got my first trial version out in april or may of 2000 from one of those sites for freeware/shareware, loved it so much I puchased. Bought the actual CD in July of 2000. Still say no other site compares.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: Fire up the Wayback Machine, Sherman

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:20 pm

BUMP for those that like history........

JUST DUST

WIST
Grand Master

Re: Fire up the Wayback Machine, Sherman

Post by WIST » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:08 pm

BUMP

I was telling some people about this thread tonite, so thought i'd bump it up so it's easier to find.
for what it's worth