It wasn't broke, why fix it?

ChasingMyTail
Active Poster

It wasn't broke, why fix it?

Post by ChasingMyTail » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:48 am

Why was it changed so you're now stuck in a game before you bid? If you're going to do that, you should, at the very least, put in a button so that all the players have to agree to the game starting. Sometimes, because the games 'jump', you can wind up in a game you didn't intend to join, and the host will start before you can leave. In other cases, you join a game, and then someone with a horrible Won/Loss sits as your partner, a player you'd never sit with, and the host will start the game ASAP, before you can even check their profile.

Before, in these instances, you could at least leave, not get stuck in a game you didn't want to play. For example, you have a higher rating, and accidently join a lower rated game. Why should you have to stay there if the host starts?

At least put in a 'start' button for each player, showing they've agreed to the game before it starts.

So some players whined about people leaving, it's a big deal to abandon and reset?

This just isn't right, you're penalizing people for flaws in your system.

BTW, you misspelled 'has' in the new game start message,

* Server: This rated game as begun. All players currently seated will be rated, even if they leave.

igottabeme
Noob

Re: It wasn't broke, why fix it?

Post by igottabeme » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:12 am

Funny you caught the typo Chasing!! I was just gonna mention that myself. :D

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Typo has been fixed.

Sorted out this issue by adding a start delay once the start button gets pushed.

You will get a message saying the game will start in so many seconds. You can leave during that window of time without being part of the rating.

If you do, the game will just go back to the waiting to start position for the remaining players.

If we added a start button for each person it would open up a situation where any player could stall the start of the game. We hope this timer solution will work better.

ChasingMyTail
Active Poster

Post by ChasingMyTail » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:52 pm

I meant more like a "Ready To Start" button, signifying that you're ok with starting. The host would still have to actually start the game. If someone was refusing to press the button, stalling the game, the host can just kick them.

Thanks for adding the delay, but 10 seconds is barely enough time to get their profile to load, read it, then close it and open the game information window and leave.

igottabeme
Noob

Post by igottabeme » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:50 pm

I am really enjoying the 10 second delay. I find there are much fewer quitters.

That was a great idea!! :D

Evilhip

It wasnt broke why fix it

Post by Evilhip » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Or you could get reliable internet and not leave games that youre committed to play once youve accepted them, thus royally screwing 4 people that were relying on you.

If anything they need to permaban people from ranked that do this.