NOW we got Stars

Kamikaze17
Noob

Post by Kamikaze17 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:41 am

We've actually found it helpful in the league rooms to be able to differentiate between the hosting TD and the other TD's that may be playing in the room at the time. Very handy lil trick. I must say though Jonas that i agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion that a more fiscal reward could be made, be it in the form of a membership upgrade with cases, or like was already suggested, a discount on a key gift.

At the end of the day though, if nothing else it stirred up a great amount of lobby chat, quickwitted replies as to what the stars might be for and all in all gave everyone a few laughs. Can't go wrong with that.

PS. I already had links to HW on my site too..... can i get more stars?? lol
War not determine who is right... War determine who is left!

Starlite_2001
Active Poster

Stars

Post by Starlite_2001 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:55 am

Jonas wrote:Yeah so this is just an experiment, and if it goes well we do hope to have more intriguing rewards.

As for the star being offensive, it's really only a fall back to the idea of getting a star in school for being cool. I'm sure we can link horrible things to any symbol, but symbols are what we make them. In this case, its all good :)
I am having a hard time finding the information on how to get a star.

I personally would love to have a star by my name (Starlite) lol
The links i have been given so far, do not work for me.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:03 am

http://www2.silvercrk.com/Rewards/instructions.html

Hi hon use that link and put in your name and password, then just follow the steps if your still having trouble PM me and I will see if I can help you.

I am woman I am strong

00s00goood
Active Poster

To sandbar

Post by 00s00goood » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Nod:
agrees with sandbar, that would be wonder to note* who the greeters are however maybe they could have a different color instead of a Star*. Guides are Blue, League Host are purple I think , maybe Greeters can be magenta or teal one of my two favorite colors?

Also thank you for your post it's wonderful to read so many opinions .
Just here to play!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:51 am

I'll take that drink, Dust!

xox
Hexa

ps.. this topic is funny.. reminds me of the "give an inch, want a mile" concept.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:24 am

/me pours HEXA a tall (64oz) Glass and sits down with his own....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:34 am

64 ozs? lol whoa better designate a card-thrower for me.

xox
Hexa

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Re: To sandbar

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:22 am

00s00goood wrote:maybe Greeters can be magenta or teal one of my two favorite colors?
Crimson would be nice........ 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:12 pm

/me throws HEXA's Cards...... oooppppssss sorry didn't mean to throw all of them

LOL

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Ok guys.. ~

I take the
*Blue Star* as a sign of ALL HELPERS in lobbys of all games in Hardwood that has made a websites which introduces secrets of our Enchanted Forest, or been kind to newbies and teaching them.

About myself as U know i have made tutorials about colors and *Partners for Hearts.. so atleast fr me its a lil appreciation for my Job.. Hopefully Jonas will take once my created lessons into Official Version of Hearts, Spades and Euchre, as Im sure, many has been helped by my tutorials :) *

Shiney Babe~
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:13 am

I take the *Blue Star* as a sign of ALL HELPERS in lobbys of all games in Hardwood that has made a websites which introduces secrets of our Enchanted Forest, or been kind to newbies and teaching them
:?

Um, i could be wrong (wouldnt be the 1st time), but i understood that the blue star was for those who [also?] advertised/linked HW on their website such as myspace or any website NOT-neccesarily having to do with HW, not [only?] because they created a website explaining/teaching HW stuffs.

In other words, the website doesnt have to be about HW at all. But it does have to be rated G, and have a link of advertisement to HW.

I see it as a "thanx" for free advertisement and a bribe to get more free advertising. (way to go! very clever idea!)

xox
Hexa

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Mon May 07, 2007 8:26 pm

I wouldnt want a blue star for being a greeter simply because it would just confuse the issue of the stars to begin with. Stars are for links not being helpful and greeting players.

I think having a seperate color for greeters would be OK simply because It tells the person your trying to help that ur different then the typcal greens. If the Greeter dont want to be identified as a greeter he or she can use another nic.

On the other end tho I dont feel that greeters are "special" and should be put on top of the greenies. When yall add a color to the nic it moves to the top of the lobby list below guides. When I say special I dont want to suggest that what greeters do isnt important, I simply mean they really are no different than helpful greens.

Psst sorry I havent been around to greet or anything. I have a new job and have been working a lot. Priorities change ect...

mrhammy
Active Poster

Post by mrhammy » Tue May 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Hmm, seems I read a book by Dr. Seus when I was young that kinda sounded like this topic. Who's with Stars, and Who's without. Funny how I used to think that having something no one else had made me special. I guess I've learned that maybe its how you look at yourself, that helps how you look at others. Stars, Circles, works for me. Heck, I'll even take a Square. Ok, no comments. If it helps me have fun, relax, and just appreciate this place where people can meet, then I can recognize we're all a Star. I try and take things as they were given, in this instance a spirt of something positive. That means letting others see things how they want to also. But hmm, I think the book ended how..ah, don't matter, just a childrens story anyway. Doc Seus might have been onto something.

mrhammy :D

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue May 08, 2007 8:55 pm

Your right Hammy we are all STAR DUST................ Ziggy

JUST DUST

Mixu
Noob

To use SC rewards program

Post by Mixu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:17 am

To use SC rewards program

What is "Hardwood Username and password"??
The one you log in game?
The one you log in Foorum?
The one you register your game (with numbers xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-)
Or something else

Welcome to the Silver Creek rewards program.

We like to thank our players for promoting Silver Creek games. Our 1st project is the Blue star reward for folks that promote our site from their websites.

If you qualify for a blue star, your name will be adorned with a cool blue star while your in the lobby, as a show of your support for the site.

So lets get started! login with your Hardwood Username and Password and we'll move on to the next step: