Rewards Request

Chalice Moon
Noob

Rewards Request

Post by Chalice Moon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi, it's been awhile since I posted here. I once posted as Mystic Lady. Glad to see you all once again.
:)

I have a rewards suggestion that I personally would like to see in Hardwood, I'm sure a lot of others would as well.
You have a lot of loyal veteran players that are not recognized in any way. I myself have been here since Feb 2001.

Now that you have the blue stars I think it would be awesome if we were rewarded for our loyalty with a star or something.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Maybe a number by your name with the number of years you have been here........ I get a 7 LOL

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:33 am

Me too, Dust ;)

And I really like that idea, CM ... would be especially useful when being berated by someone who's been here for five minutes 8)
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

Kamikaze17
Noob

Post by Kamikaze17 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:45 am

could also encourage elitest (really gotta get a dictionary and keep it handy) behaviour though. Enough egos in there now without having 7 years placed next to a name...... ummm not aiming that at anyone in particular :wink: :wink:

War not determine who is right... War determine who is left!

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:24 am

So could the blue stars, Kamikaze, what's the diff? It's as broad as it's long. ;)
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

Kamikaze17
Noob

Post by Kamikaze17 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:09 am

Fair call except that, the blue stars are available to anyone with an internet connection, therefore anyone on HW. This is due to the fact that sites like Myspace and Yahoo 360 are free to the general public. This means that there really cannot be any "classification" of players! Advertising how long a player has been a member of the site can! I personally have no dramas with it, i've been on HW for bout 5 years now. I can see some newbies feeling somewhat intimidated by the ego's of some of the long term players. Merely my opinion :D

War not determine who is right... War determine who is left!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:47 pm

I may have been here for 7 years, but I enjoy playing the new players as much as the others and do so on a regular basis (would say daily but don't have the time to play daily). Many organizations recognize "Tenure" as a form of recognization to dedication and appreiciation of loyalty. I was offering one of many ways that little things could be done. Leagues do it many ways also in their forums or leader boards.

Not everyone would like to have something next to their name for their own personal reasons and as with the star it should be an option. I really come here for the fun, compitition and friendships.... I don't know if there is a better reason to play here.

JUST DUST

PS - also take pride in helping others learn the finer points of the game and this site.... especially newbys
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Chalice Moon
Noob

Post by Chalice Moon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:56 pm

"cant please all of the people all of the time" but you can please a few :D

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm

Spades has been online for 6 years....Hearts and Euchre since 98 I believe.....so 9 for those two....The only recognition I like...is hearin....Nice Win Boosh...........heh 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:50 pm

It is great when you run into the ones that show good sportsmanship and are polite from beginning to end...... those are the ones that truely understand the purpose.

JUST DUST

PS - You will always get a Hi and GLA and GG and a TY (may I have another) when you give me the queen in Hearts, set me in spades or euchre me in euchre LOL

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:32 pm

I so agree, Dust. I'd rather lose in a good atmosphere than win in a bad one.

tlj97526
Active Poster

Re: Rewards Request

Post by tlj97526 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 am

Chalice Moon wrote:Hi, it's been awhile since I posted here. I once posted as Mystic Lady. Glad to see you all once again.
:)

I have a rewards suggestion that I personally would like to see in Hardwood, I'm sure a lot of others would as well.
You have a lot of loyal veteran players that are not recognized in any way. I myself have been here since Feb 2001.

Now that you have the blue stars I think it would be awesome if we were rewarded for our loyalty with a star or something.
Once again a great idea. I'll pass this on to Jonas and see what he says.

out on parole
Active Poster

Post by out on parole » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:52 pm

:shock: what about a big fat check issued in our name ..lol

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:16 am

Sorry OUT you would not qualify being still on parole LOL

JUST DUST
Last edited by Dust In The Wind on Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dead Presidents
Active Poster

Post by Dead Presidents » Tue May 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Can I get a red star for kicking #$@&# all over smoots?
Spades is a beautiful thing.