Kicking and banning

Starlite_2001
Active Poster

Kicking and banning

Post by Starlite_2001 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:19 am

Why is the host allowed to kick and ban a person before the game even begins?

I played a game in cutthroat room. Gist of it is, the host was rude and made snide remarks to me from the start of the game. (when I got set, the comment was made "no Starlight for you") When the game ended, the host was last, I came in 2nd and, naturally, the other player came in first. I then was accused of playing pards. lol

I clicked to play again, and was promptly kicked and banned from the game (with just me and the host there)

I hardly play anywhere other than league rooms for that very reason. People are so rude and obnoxious. When they get beat at their own game, they accuse others of doing what they themselves are guilty of.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:00 pm

The host is allowed to do this because there were so many complaints of quitters and cheaters and ex's. That the powers that be gave you the right to host your own game and if someone you don't want to play with comes in you can remove them from the table before the game begins.

There is never a perfect sollution to anything. No matter what is tried someone will have issues with it. But the owners do try to give us a means of handling issues on our own whenever possible.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Starlite_2001
Active Poster

Post by Starlite_2001 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:10 pm

grandmaS wrote:The host is allowed to do this because there were so many complaints of quitters and cheaters and ex's. That the powers that be gave you the right to host your own game and if someone you don't want to play with comes in you can remove them from the table before the game begins.

There is never a perfect sollution to anything. No matter what is tried someone will have issues with it. But the owners do try to give us a means of handling issues on our own whenever possible.

Hugs and Smiles
So what you are saying is that anyone, for whatever reason be it legit or not, can kick someone just because they got beat at their own game and the person who did nothing pays for this abuse?

Not blaming you as I know you are a guide, but it is ridiculous that people who pay to play on this site cannot really enjoy it because of the idiots on here who are on a power trip with the use of the kick and ban button. As I stated before, I hardly play in any rooms besides the leagues because of this very thing. But is that fair to people who paid to play on this site as much as anyone else?

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:33 pm

It really doesn't cost you anything other than the fact you will not be playing in their next game (no rating points are lost or gained).

Besides why play in a game your not wanted in for whatever reason, I for one would be happy to leave a game that I was not wnated in to play on another table.

The Host was given the right being the one that sets the game the option to choose whom sits at their table. If you wish that same right all you have to do is set your own game.

This is my opinion and not directed as anything other than an observation of the situation... I also figure if someone kicks me from a game it is their lost.... not mine and do not even need vocalize this and continue on my way to my next compitition.

JUST DUST

PS - Just because I'm an Ogre doesn't mean I have to perform as one and yes sometimes my monitor gets abused but my keyboard doesn't feel my Ogreness.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:10 am

I agree with Dust completely. I won't stay where I'm not welcome either.

One other point: you don't pay to play on the site, that part is free and offered by SCE out of the goodness of their hearts (nice people! ;) ). You pay for the software only and the playing on the site is a privelege, not a right.

Host your own table or stick to the leagues ... that's what I do. :)
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:26 am

Not to be arguementive but if YOU host a game. And say for instance that you don't like me for whatever reason, be it bad play style,bad manners, or simply bad breath. Don't you want the option of kickin me out rather than having your concentration distracted by having to put up with me. I am useing myself only as an example and gargle at least weekly lol.

Starlite_2001
Active Poster

Post by Starlite_2001 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:33 am

[quote="PurplePeril"]I agree with Dust completely. I won't stay where I'm not welcome either.

One other point: you don't pay to play on the site, that part is free and offered by SCE out of the goodness of their hearts (nice people! ;) ). You pay for the software only and the playing on the site is a privelege, not a right.

Host your own table or stick to the leagues ... that's what I do. :)[/quote

I have a cd with Hardwood Spades on it, that says I paid to play on this site. Without it, how many games can u play in one day?

As usual, the point I was making is totally lost in all the rhetoric. I guess now it is considered a privilege to be abused by other players simply because at the click of a mouse, poof u are gone for no other reason than the person is a total loser and that's how they exercise their power? rofl

The point is moot, so I will no longer waste my time (or yours) by posting again.

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:39 am

The way I see it, it's all about choice. You can choose to play with certain people, you can choose to host your own game and you can choose who stays at your table, you can choose to play in the public lobbies or you can choose to play in the leagues, you can choose to attempt to stay in a game where you aren't wanted for whatever reason, you can choose to play online and you can choose to play offline with the bots (and you can play unlimited games this way just as you can online).

Your point wasn't missed or moot, it's just that I have a different opinion to that point. If we all agreed, there would be no debate and how boring would that be? :)
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

Ruby
Noob

Post by Ruby » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:36 am

I have to say that I agree with Starlite. I too, find it extremely rude for the host to have the ability to kick and ban someone before a game even starts. If someone does not want me at their table for whatever reason, all they have to do is politely ask me to leave. I will gladly leave of my own accord. There is never a reason to justify rudeness. To join a table and then the next instant find yourself kicked and banned for nothing you did wrong is the ultimate rudeness, no matter what reasons that are being given for this option. I don't want to play where I am not wanted either, but just ask me and I will gladly leave, but don't kick and ban me for your own petty whims or ego trip.

I completley agree with you Starlight.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:41 am

It would be nice if everyone were polite and asked people to leave, giving them the oppertunity to leave on their own rather then kicking them. But everyone sadly isn't that polite and just hit the button.

It would also be nice and polite if everyone who isn't wanted at a table left on their own. Or if ex's, quitters and cheaters would not play at a table where they are not wanted, but that doesn't happen either.

There is no way for SCE to MAKE people be polite and or nice. And there is no perfect solution. This is just the best we have for being able to handle a situtation that was a major problem before host's had the right to remove players from the game before it started.

We had players who felt they were being stalked by expartners (in the games and in life) this has helped that situation emensly, it has also given players who feel someone cheats, or has a high record of quits an option not to play with them.

I wish there was a nicer way, or people could just be nicer in general but wishing won't make it so. Just try to remember if someone kicks you from their game (before it starts) it wouldnt have been a FUN game for you had you stayed and pick yourself up and pick another one or host one. Games are supposed to be FUN, we can't control others but we can control ourselves, so don't let it ruin your fun and you win :)

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:56 am

Yep, the bottom line is the lesser of two uncomfortable situations. The abusive party could be in either position, the host or one of the players in the pre game.

If the rude player joined a game that you ( the one with the halo) hosted, and was a tyrant, and thier partner dissagreed with you, so you couldn't even vote them out.

You could of course leave your own game you hosted, but there wouldn't be anything to stop them from following you to the next game to be a pain in the tucas.

Allow you ( the person with the halo) to host your own game and have some say as to who you will allow to sit there, at least allows for the posibitly of haveing an pleasent game. You can keep out the bad player (with the horns) out of your game that YOU set up.

So I'd rather that you are able to protect your self from an impossible situation, than to have an occational rude event in games you don't host.

So the moral of this tale is, if you want to control your enviornment to be as pleasent as it can be, you need to host your own games.

SybiL
Grand Master

Post by SybiL » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:36 am

Jonas wrote: If the rude player joined a game that you ( the one with the halo) hosted, ........
:lol: :lol: :lol: loved that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, yes I do agree that the kick option is the solution to many problems, even as rude as it can get, its always better than having to stand bad stuff.

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:49 pm

Did GrandmaS say the words "quitters" & "cheaters"..... OMGImage

UnChain my Hart57
Big Poster

Post by UnChain my Hart57 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:55 pm

of course not tater, ya musta read it wrong lol.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:45 pm

I like having choice as part of my options........

LOL

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!