Kicking and banning

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:30 pm

okay, give me back my halo..

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:53 pm

/me Hides Halo deep in Da swamp.......

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 am

Thanks Harty for setting me straight. I had stopped by some Orge's Swamp bar, sipped a couple, (BTW there was some nice lady drinking a 64 ouncer in the corner) they were playing Crocidile Rock on the juke box, and I mis-read it, on my lap top. I know that Ms. Linda would never use words I been silenced for.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:26 pm

(BTW there was some nice lady drinking a 64 ouncer in the corner)
Thank you :)

that's sweet to say

:? uh i meant the nice part, not my drinking part lol and alone at that.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:05 am

I'm so glad I came in to read further on this topic after receiving a reply notification in my inbox. :?
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

lastrahm
Active Poster

Abuse of Process

Post by lastrahm » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:38 pm

One thing that bothers me about the process is that I choose a room that is 1500 or above and I get kicked because I am in the 1500's and not the 1600's. Getting kicked out by a host who has never played with me seems wrong. I am sure it is sometimes by the rating because I have gone into the same room with a higher rating nick and been able to stay in it.

I do agree that one shouldn't stay in a game that one is not wanted but this process is really abused. Whatever did happen to politeness? I so rarely see it, I don't know if I would know it if I saw it. Such a sad state of affairs our world has turned into.
:x
LAS

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:27 am

Unfortunately there will ALWAYs be those that try/do abuse the intent rule/law/option... why our jails are full. I personally have never kicked a player at the beginning of a game and have always given a player a benefit of a doubt/chance to recover before kicking them from a game in progress.

The whole intent was to allow those that are followed into a game by one harassing them to expel them be it a stalker/ex/whatever. Yes there are those that choose to kick others for no apparent reason other than rating or no real reason at all.... so be it, let them have their game, don't get upset over this rejection because it means nothing.

A better game is at the next table anyways......

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:28 pm

I always set my own table, if I have had a prob with you in the past you are gone, If you pop in as a tag team one of you is gone. I appriciate the option, Now remember all my nic's are in upper 15's or 1600's, but my table is set for anyone, my choice to kick is from experiance, I just wish the ban feature worked so you can't come back. IMHO

Synderyella
Active Poster

host kick & ban option

Post by Synderyella » Tue May 01, 2007 12:49 am

I have had problems with a kicked player returning repeatedly to my table.... until this new option of BAN came up. Used to have to have another player initiate the kick & ban option because the host kick allowed the unwanted player to reseat repeatedly. Now, they have to at least change nicknames to come sit again after being banned from the game. On the other hand it is comical to watch certain players sit as host and kick every person who sits. One player does this for hours on end never actually playing a game just kicking and banning all who sit. I guess it gets her aggressions out.
spade (spayed) my pets

Dead Presidents
Active Poster

Post by Dead Presidents » Tue May 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Its only a game and we are ONLY online.
So there is no reason to be sensetive.

If you dont want to get booted then make your own table.
Spades is a beautiful thing.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue May 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Yes Syndery have seen the same in all the games, one that uses for their entertainment to kick and not play.... I guess they have a separate list for the most kicked in a single game...

Most catch on after a short while not to join the game. Fun has ended.

JUST DUST

TheShadowMan

Kicking Players

Post by TheShadowMan » Mon May 14, 2007 5:42 am

I have joined a table and been kicked off several times and have no clue as to why. I agree that if a host kicks you, why would you want to play there anyway?. It is just gonna cause trouble. But it would be nice when the host wants to kick you off the table that they have to put in a comment as to why they are kicking you off. I would suggest to keep rudness down that HW put in the messages as to the why. Such as To Low Rating, something so you know why you were kicked

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Post by Ralphie May » Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 am

I have always supported the host's right to kick anyone they want. I also don't get offended if I am kicked. I realize that I am a very intimidating opponent and am sure only the best are not in fear of me. I like the idea that you could tell someone why they are being kicked. This way if people are scared they can say "scared" .

Enduring Love
Active Poster

Kicking And Banning

Post by Enduring Love » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:52 am

I usually tell the person first to leave if Im hosting. and I am waiting on a p, rain check please too, If its someone I don't know , or if its a problem player I ran into before and don't want at my table, I will tell them to find another table, that I don't like trouble makers. But then I have a problem with them keep coming back , then i have to get my p too ban them. I only know of a few that I totally refuse cause they constantly make the game horrible enough it takes all the enjoyment out, I have filed reports but they still in hw. I know others that filed reports too, but they still are here. Thats the biggest problem I have.

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:37 am

I was kicked by my would-be pard twice in the last week without a comment. It's hard to imagine the lack of social skills required to behave like that.