YES
16%
NO
84%

Total votes: 19

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:55 pm

Sorry I also voted no because a player should have the right to play those they wish to play and outweighs those that abuse the button.

Having an option to allow for the host to file an auto report of a stalker or otherwise problem player as a selection I feel would be abused also and if they want to file a report on a player such as that they can through the normal report method.

Setting a game yourself is a viable option if you feel that you are being kicked when you shouldn't be kicked and puts YOU in the drivers seat.

I personally don't use the kick button while playing or setting a game since it doesn't bother me whom I play and very willing to leave a game that does not wish me to be in their game, rather have fun and a good game without someone with a vendetta against me.

JUST DUST

PS - For those that do abuse the button..... well how can you honestly say you won the game against a much lesser opponent. Oh yeah the ratings but what good does it do you if you have a 1900 nic if you never play at that level? To me it does not matter..... ratings that is, I'm in it for the game at hand and may it be a good one.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

PurplePeril
Active Poster

Post by PurplePeril » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:10 pm

Then just go find another game ... there's enough of them. If it's happening before the game even starts, there's no harm done (except maybe a little effrontery). I still don't see the need to get all bent out of shape over it and ask for the removal of kick/ban.

I originally said that I meant no disrespect and am only here to air an opinion so I'd be grateful if you could lower your capitals as I happen to view that as shouting, which I find rude. Also, the "WHAT DON'T YOU GET" was also rude, imho. My point here is that rudeness is viewed differently by different people. What I might find rude, you may not and vice versa.

The bottom line is that every player has the choice of who they play with and how they go about achieving this. This particular part of the kick/ban feature certainly outweighs the abuse factor and I totally agree with Dust in this regard.

I have never stayed at a table where I have felt unwelcome, be it one that I joined or hosted, and I just move on to the next game. It's Hardwood, it shouldn't be a drama and there's plenty far more important stuff in the world that needs changing.

But again, that's just my opinion and again, no disrespect intended.
Jules aka Lady Jules in Hearts, TheWeakestLink in Spades, Mistress Gobalot in Euchre (how apt, I hear you cry! :lol: ) and JacquetJules in Backgammon)

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Post by Ralphie May » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Lets think about this. What are the reasons people kick/ban others before the game starts?

You are a 1600+prov and someone 1400- sits. You don't want to loose a ton of points if they get lucky and win or you don't want to play and win 4 points for the effort. BOOT

You and your p are waiting on a game and someone with a horrible record sits waiting on a pard. Noone will sit there and you never get a game. BOOT

Your in a nic not many people know and someone that hates you sits to play. Needeless to say you don't want to spend the next few minutes playing with a jerk. BOOT

You suspect that someone is sitting just to mess with you. BOOT

Your ex online romance sits to play so they can hound you about why you never email them anymore BOOT

My point is there are many many reasons other then the host is scared you will beat them. It should be the hosts option to play with and against the people they want. You can always host your own game and not worry about being kicked/banned.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:16 pm

I voted no as well....I dont see the kick/ban feature as a problem whatsoever......its an asset.......... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Ralphie I couldnt have said it better. The simple fact is that if you dont like being kicked at the start of the game then host your own game on your own TERMS. The positive on the BOOT far out weighs the negitive.

BlueidLady
Active Poster

Post by BlueidLady » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:06 pm

ok people i give up the point is they have a rating of over 1600---1700--and they don't want you with the same rating---they read the profile and BAM you're gone--they don't want to get the win by playing fair------its ok---i give up-----form of cheating thats all---not right----i paid for this game too----and i guess I'm the only one here that wants it fair for all---they can sit in a 1400 rated game if thats all they want to play with. moving to a different game--or setting my own table --etc--is not the issue-- problem is these people are rude---and caps or not --i have a hard time reading this print unless its BIG---why i choose to type in caps--not rude ---and certainly not screaming at anyone --not talking in voices to you.

its not fair not fair and needs to be revised.

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:20 pm

OK I GET THAT YOU THINK ITS NOT FAIR. IM ONLY USING CAPS SO YOU CAN READ MY POST BETTER BTW.

I AM IN NO WAY YELLING.

DO YOU THINK ITS FAIR THAT A PLAYER CAN COME AND HARRASS A PLAYER AND THERE IS NOTHING A PLAYER CAN DO ABOUT IT?

IF THEY REMOVED THE BAN BUTTON BUT NOT THE KICK BUTTON WOULD IT BE FAIR THAT THE SAME PLAYER COULD KEEP DISRUPTING THE GAME?

DO YOU THINK ITS FAIR FOR PLAYER TO SIT FOR 30 MIN WAITING TO PLAY A GAME BECAUSE THE PLAYER THAT CHOSE TO SAT IS RATED AT 1400?

I KNO SOME ARE ABUSING THE OPTION BUT WOULDNT THE WHOLE SITE SUFFER IF THERE WAS NO KICK AND BAN?

DOES IT ALL HAVE TO BE ABOUT RATING? OR CAN SOME SIMPLY BE ABOUT COMFORT?

AFTER ALL IT IS REALLY JUST A GAME.

HUGGS

BlueidLady
Active Poster

Post by BlueidLady » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:20 pm

I really don't see how you all can sit there and take up for those who abuse the privilege to kick and ban people for no reason. If they treat people like this its probably the reason why they have stalkers.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Nobody is sticking up for those that abuse the kick/ban button but rather for the good uses of the same button...... you are reading into it more than anyone is saying.

I do however agree with the "FIX" to allow for a set on the lower limit and 150 sounds about right.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

BlueidLady
Active Poster

Post by BlueidLady » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:56 pm

x MISSY x wrote:OK I GET THAT YOU THINK ITS NOT FAIR. IM ONLY USING CAPS SO YOU CAN READ MY POST BETTER BTW.

I AM IN NO WAY YELLING.

DO YOU THINK ITS FAIR THAT A PLAYER CAN COME AND HARRASS A PLAYER AND THERE IS NOTHING A PLAYER CAN DO ABOUT IT?

IF THEY REMOVED THE BAN BUTTON BUT NOT THE KICK BUTTON WOULD IT BE FAIR THAT THE SAME PLAYER COULD KEEP DISRUPTING THE GAME?

DO YOU THINK ITS FAIR FOR PLAYER TO SIT FOR 30 MIN WAITING TO PLAY A GAME BECAUSE THE PLAYER THAT CHOSE TO SAT IS RATED AT 1400?

I KNO SOME ARE ABUSING THE OPTION BUT WOULDNT THE WHOLE SITE SUFFER IF THERE WAS NO KICK AND BAN?

DOES IT ALL HAVE TO BE ABOUT RATING? OR CAN SOME SIMPLY BE ABOUT COMFORT?

AFTER ALL IT IS REALLY JUST A GAME.

HUGGS
HARASSING ISN'T THE ISSUE MISSY ---THATS A WHOLE OTHER PROBLEM--AND NEEDS TO HAVE A SOLUTION ----BUT KICKING AND BANNING PEOPLE WHO HAS NEVER DONE A THING TO THEM ISN'T THE ANSWER-----I DON'T HARASS THEM ----MY RATING ALLOWS ME TO SIT--AND I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ITS ALL I'M SAYING---PLEASE FIX THE BUTTON --SOME HOW---ITS NOT COMFORT TO ME AND OTHERS WHO WANT TO PLAY A GAME AND GET KICKED OUT--FOR NO REASON

GUESS WE SHOULD MAKE IT COMFORTABLE FOR RUDE PEOPLE THEY PROBABLY HAVE A ROUGH WORLD TO LIVE IN---AND THE REST OF US SHOULD JUST GET USE TO BE STEPPED ON. JUST GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO SAY "I'M SO SORRY IF MY RATING OFFENDS YOU PLEASE LET ME LEAVE SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR WIN" -----FORGET IT----TALK TO GUIDE--THEY SAY GO TO FORUM--GO TO FORUM---GET RAN AROUND---THIS DOES NO GOOD---CAN SEE THAT RIGHT NOW

hUGS :? BLUEIDLADY

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Post by Ralphie May » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Your getting a "run-around" because your kinda going whacko on a topic that does not bother the average spades playing Joe. It really does not matter if they play you or not. Again I say host your own game. It is NOT that big of a deal that people kick out for no reason. EVEN if theyARE kicking because they don't want you to beat them. Who cares? Let them live in their weird little world. Come on out. It is fun out here where noone cares.

Relax

Take a deep breath

Let it go

Host your own game

Vidurr
Active Poster

Post by Vidurr » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:24 am

BlueidLady wrote:ok people i give up the point is they have a rating of over 1600---1700--and they don't want you with the same rating---they read the profile and BAM you're gone--they don't want to get the win by playing fair------its ok---i give up-----form of cheating thats all---not right----i paid for this game too----and i guess I'm the only one here that wants it fair for all---they can sit in a 1400 rated game if thats all they want to play with. moving to a different game--or setting my own table --etc--is not the issue-- problem is these people are rude---and caps or not --i have a hard time reading this print unless its BIG---why i choose to type in caps--not rude ---and certainly not screaming at anyone --not talking in voices to you.

its not fair not fair and needs to be revised.
This may not be the best example, but it is the most recent. HW took away the pause feature because some people were complaining. Then they returned it after many people spoke about the "good" things about the pause feature.

HW could take away the kick/ban feature; but many have already cited the "good" reasons to have it.

The specific reason you give for not wanting a kick/ban is because of the abuse by some who use it to manipulate ratings by playing much lower ranked opponents.

I agree that is a problem. Doing away with the kick/ban might resolve that issue, but in turn create 100 other issues.

The best way I can think of to control the Manipulators is to narrow the room setting. As example a 1500 table could only play those 100 points above up to 1600. Or make it 150 points difference. (pick a number)

To your point, many do manipulate. One only has to look at the 20 - 2; 38 - 3; and 45 - 5 records to see it. 1700's playing 1300 and 1400 ranks.

Doing away with the kick/ban is not the best way to resolve that issue though.

p0is0ned_fl0wer
Active Poster

Post by p0is0ned_fl0wer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Blue Id lady ~ I feel your pain. I get kicked all the time when i'm on my sniper nics toying with the boring people trying to get their glory 20-0's and beating up on what they term "scrubs" (which might I add I find highly distasteful terminology.. and to be honest more suits them than any 1300 player) but don't worry I redress the balance cause you can guarantee I get em in the end ..every single one of em :D You can call me the female robin hood of hw nics ..woot. And yes to an extent I agree with you it is a form of cheating by manipulation..but then some may say I'm cheating by hiding on a 1400 nic and playing em at their own game. I just say "tough"

But as for actually removing the kick and ban button.. I voted no.. it is a hosts perogative and is needed at times for a number of valid reasons.. Gl in your games

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is no such thing as equal"

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:46 pm

LOL Poisoned.... I don't have any 1400 nics but a few 1500+ (or provies that I reset) but do the same to those that prey on the others, even pard with them (the ones with lower rating) to give a chance to win and we do. Get kicked right afterwards but it was fun to watch that 1700 go down.....

To tell the truth I like playing with the up and coming new stars and hope
they learn in the process.

JUST DUST

PS - Yes an OGRE, but figure they deserve a chance.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:58 pm

I voted NO as well. Someone who gets kicked/banned from a table before it starts shouldnt take being kicked offensively. I certainly don't, if someone doesnt wish to play with me, that's fine with me.

The reasons i have kicked:

I already have 3 other players going to join me to play.

I dont want to play with a player (for whatever reason i deem it neccessary, it doesnt and shouldnt have to be discussed)

xox
Hexa

Ps.. this also goes for being kicked from a game after it starts
A player can only be kicked for a 2 minute stall, and a pause lasting after 3 minutes.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.