Where Can I Find Instructions

jcoleman

Where Can I Find Instructions

Post by jcoleman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:58 pm

I am a first-timer. I know how to play spades, but I don;t know how to use HW. For example, what keys do you hit to bid, etc.

Also, where can you find info on what "mirror" is and "suicide".

Thanks

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: Where Can I Find Instructions

Post by grandmaS » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:52 pm

"mirror's" is the game bids for you according to how many spades you have in your hand, so if you have 3 spades your bid will be 3 no matter what your other cards are.

"suicide" is one partner bids and the other goes nil every hand. First partner gets choice (changes as the bid goes around the table as to who is first to bid) so if your partner bids you are automatically nil. Most Suicide games (but not all) are pass 2 games, which helps alot so if you have say the Ace of spades and are nil you can pass it to your pard.

As far as bidding goes etc. might help you to play a few off line games with the bots just to learn how these things are done. There are also toutorials for off line play. Basically, when its your turn to bid a box will open with numbers on it you use your mouse to click on the number that you wish to bid. Most of the things like that after one or two games off line with bots or in a social game are pretty easy to figure out.

I am woman I am strong

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Well If you use the Tutorial that should help a little bit on where the buttons are...When ur in a game the bid buttons come up when its your turn..there are also side tabs that show different options ya kinda gotta just play around with things till you figure them out.

Mirror games is where the computer bids all your spades. If you have 4 spades it bids 4. The total bid is always 13. Its kind of tricky to play sometimes because 4 spades dont mean 4 tricks.

Suicide is where one person on each team have to bid nil. when you join a suicide table b sure to pay attention to if its a pass game or not. On pass games you have a much greater chance of making the nil.

http://www.runtified.com/hwindex.html

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7796

there are some links for some great info :) happy spading

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:55 pm

LOL GmaS ur answer was not there when i posted hehe huggs hun