Would you like to be able to upload your photo as an avatar?

Yes
25%
Yes
6%
Dont know her
54%
Dont know her
15%

Total votes: 68

spadelover
Active Poster

Post by spadelover » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:26 am

:D
Someone on the old board asked what characters we would like to see. I think it would be super cool if we could upload our own avatar or picture. What do you all think? Of course the picture would be subject to approval of the staff. It should be available only for those who buy the software.
Please give it some thought Hardwood!

redsk1nsfan
Grand Master

Post by redsk1nsfan » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:59 am

Thats a great idea.. but not sure about it b/c of the time it would take the staff to have to approve someones picture...and not to mention those that would take it overboard and get the pictures where they had less and less on :oops: if u know what i mean....but something for jonas and dan to talk about...
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

spadelover
Active Poster

Post by spadelover » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:51 am

Well, I think its possible to get a volunteer to approve the pictures. I'd be willing to do it for free. For those voting no, why are you against the idea?

redsk1nsfan
Grand Master

Post by redsk1nsfan » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:26 am

I am not saying NO..just saying would be hard to do.... b/c if SCE allowed it then ppl could make them and get n without approval...unless someway to fix it to have to have approval code...then u would have ppl doing bunches and bunches...then their goes SCE bandwidth...but if had to be done by approval code it would have to be done by the home office puter...then u are talking lots of time by the staff...only way i see it is if Dan added some ppl wanted diff kinds and said ok any u want email me at ??? and when he goes to add more then he could look n that addy example Aviators@silvercrk.com or what ever...the reason i say this is b/c i know how much it is on them to do purple nics and bans etc and ppl would be yelling u got mine aproved yet.. is mine ready is my on yet etc...and they do some much for a 4 man/woman staff i dont see how they can do more i really dont.. but u never know Dan or Jonas may say yes and do it..
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:45 am

Sorry but I'm afraid I have to agree with Redskinsfan, would be alot of work for the staff to keep up with.

Also Hardwood is a theme site so the Aviators are midevil charactures, start having say modern day wrestlers and such would lose the theme of the site.

Posilbly an idea would be to have a site where your picture could be like the hearts gang pictures are have a spades players site. However lots of people have sites with lots of the people here on them. The guide grumpie for instance has one and she is always happy to add new ones.

:)

I am woman I am strong

TheWeakestLink
Active Poster

Post by TheWeakestLink » Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:07 pm

Why did I vote no? Because I'm uuuuuuuuuurgly! lol

Jules

Manny
Active Poster

I'm staff, really I am! Where's my flag?

Post by Manny » Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:10 pm

We did leave this out on purpose because of the huge abuse potential. :( I think there was some legal concern too about using our servers to store and transmit images of dubious copyright, and also an artistic concern about keeping a consistent look to the game.

ZEUS
Active Poster

Avitar's vs Pics

Post by ZEUS » Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:26 pm

Honestly I think the avitars that come with the game are great, they add a mystique to the game play and make the game as a whole pleasing to look at. I've been to other sites that allow the :lol: uploading of pics and a large percentage of them are grainy, out of focus, or too large. What i'd like to see is a few more new avitars, and a few more fooms. :idea:

Zeus

spadelover
Active Poster

Post by spadelover » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:22 pm

Ok for all that voted no, are you the staff of hardwood? I want to hear from regular players on what they think. Otherwise forget that I asked. :evil:

Xuzika
Active Poster

No not my pic

Post by Xuzika » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:41 am

No in no way :shock: I would like to see my face as character; for that I look in the mirror. And I think actually doesn't combine anything with the designer, that it must have taken a long time to idealize that whole scenery.
Now that yes it would be good some new ones in the old forum there were excellent ideas the respect hope only that this time has something similar a Latin woman :D :oops:

SPOOKY TOOTH
Grand Master

Post by SPOOKY TOOTH » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:49 am

:shock:

U Gotta B Kiddin.............

Ok, I voted and I'm NOT associated w/ SCE n any way. Yea, I VOTED NO! U gotta b kiddin? The 'temptation' for abuse is so great that I can believe it was even suggested.
As Grandma's and Reddy pointed out, if u truly have such a burning desire to show ur pic to one and all, there ARE several ways to do it W/O involving everybody else.

First, dont b sooo cheap and buy a Plat/Dia membership. Once u do, u get a 'Players Profile Card' where u can post a pic (subject to approval).

Second, MANY peeps, Guides, Admin have 'member' websites where they'll (usually) b more than happy to post ur pic.

Dood, this is a GAME SITE. Matchmaker.com is what u want I think....................

spadelover
Active Poster

Post by spadelover » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:00 am

I can't believe you think the worst of people. Why do you think people would abuse it? I said it should be subject to approval. I think it would be great if people could create their own individualized avatars. This is not free software. We pay to use it. Not everyone must create an avatar. It's just an option. I was just stunned that so many would shun the idea without giving it some thought. I'm an artist and I love to create graphics. I'm not trying to find love here. You have me all wrong. That was very judgmental of you. I'm also not a dude. Please consider being more polite to people.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I have paid for my software. Are you saying we can pay more for special abilities? I have no problem paying for things that I like.

redsk1nsfan
Grand Master

Post by redsk1nsfan » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:38 am

He is talking about the plat/dia u can buy in cases leagues...u can do lots with it including your own back grounds and a pic of your self.....I understand some ppl just like to make things and create graphics and thats great...but some ppl like to do things and just to push the fine line...so thats what happens everyone pays..but it really wouldnt fit to theme that SCE was trying to make when they created this site

TheWeakestLink
Active Poster

Post by TheWeakestLink » Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:42 am

Yep, I'm just a regular player and not associated with SCE in anyway (although I'm hoping for a job ... Jonas? Huh? Pwease? lol). I still don't want anyone seeing my ugly mug, thanks ... this is a family site and I don't wanna scare the kids! :P

Jules

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:42 am

I agree that we should not put our pic here. If ppl go overboard on the nasty nics they will find a way to make a nasty pic. So my vote is NO. :lol: