Would you like to be able to upload your photo as an avatar?

Yes
25%
Yes
6%
Dont know her
54%
Dont know her
15%

Total votes: 68

SPOOKY TOOTH
Grand Master

Post by SPOOKY TOOTH » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:07 am

Yo SpadeLover.......

Sorry, I assumed. Yes a Platinum or Diamond Membership within League Play enables you to make ur own 'profile' or webpage. U can add pics to both.

I'm w/Nana on this. After 2 yrs here and continously watchin peeps push th line w/nics.........well, I can only imagine what'll happen w/pics. Sorry, but theres WAY too many here that take all restrictions/rules as a challenge to get around.

Betty42560
Active Poster

Post by Betty42560 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:14 pm

I voted yes, not so much with the thought of uploading an actual photo of my face, but more for being able to have an avitar more to my liking. i.e. a faerie without spiked hair, a witch that is not stereotypical, etc
Image Your attitude determines your altitude.

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:28 am

Well, as for the abuse aspect, I have been playing Links (online golf game...) for many years now. A while ago they came up with a feature that allowed players to have a graphic of their own chosing to represent the "face" that other players see when playing with them. I have had MY picture as part of my player profile for several years now, and have seen quite a few others who have added their own pics, and sometimes just a graphic of their chosing, to their profile. In all the time I have been playing that game, I have NEVER seen any abuse of the graphics that people have used to depict their character. I cannot say that there HAS been no abuse, but that I have never seen any. And there is no monitoring (that I am aware of) of these profiles...

It would be kinda nice to be able to insert a personal pic (face) into one of the available avatars. I think that this would make the HW community a little more "ours", and as such, maybe we would be able and willing to do a better job of "policing" it ourselves if we could actually "see" the people with whom we are playing all the time... L)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

Nana3
Grand Master

Post by Nana3 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:45 pm

yes Omni i see your point, but here at HW I have seen many players that are the nasty talkers and the trouble makers go to another site and play spades and act like little angels because that site does not and will not tolerate the talk, but they come back here and soon as they hit the lobby a guides has to go to smoots, so what they don't and won't do at one site does not mean they will not try it here.
Just my take on this, but if it were to come to that point and i don't know if gromph and Jonas can do it but just let them have a small pic of thier face not the whole body might work.

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."
- Margaret Drabble

mickodie
Big Poster

Post by mickodie » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:12 pm

I voted yes because I played at a site where you could use your own pic. Most of the people were great about it, and it's nice to see your friends face sitting at the table. It makes it more personal and friendly. This should be in the pay a monthly fee thread that Jonas started. It would cost a lot more to do it. The few who abused the pics were WOW! If you are not willing to pay more --vote no.
Have Fun, Play Fair, and Keep the Card Gods Happy!

Blue_Moon_Ryder
Active Poster

Post by Blue_Moon_Ryder » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:28 pm

I have to agree with Reddy & Spooky on this topic. There are too many attempts to push the envelope on the nics, much less adding pics to the mix. I have to sit through enough dating rituals in the gamerooms, I do not want to sit through the chatting or fussing involved when a provocative pic is posted. :oops: Besides, pics take up so much storage space that the server would probably need to be updated. While this is certainly possible, is it feasible without additional cost... :roll: The guides who volunteer their time to monitoring the HW sites would certainly be spread thin if pics were allowed to be uploaded. I voted no.

P.S. Love the change in your BB :wink:

Kishabu
Active Poster

Post by Kishabu » Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:32 pm

wow i missed this topic?

Darn@$@$@#

Ok umm, Your own pic as a avatar is rather ughh..how is the nicest way to put this "TACKY"..then that'll take the fun out of falling in love with your partner..cause you already know he aint sexy..LOL

Ok i think this is post number 37, soon jonas gonna take away my priveleges, im going into post competition!!..haha

SPOOKY TOOTH
Grand Master

Post by SPOOKY TOOTH » Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:43 pm

LMAO.............

I didnt want to SAY that but now that u mention it........THATS my main concern. Not th 'fallin in luv' per se but a bunch of homely mugs.................

Betty42560
Active Poster

Post by Betty42560 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:10 pm

Now now....Every person is an original and therefore something special. Beauty is truely in the eye of the beholder (I know this cause my other half sees my face daily and loves me anyway) :) If ppl want to have their face as their avitar, I think it is grand. Be proud of who you are.
Image Your attitude determines your altitude.