Restricted from Moderated rooms

Critt74

Restricted from Moderated rooms

Post by Critt74 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello, I just found out a week ago that I have been "restricted" from moderated rooms. I'm assuming because I got into it with somebody during a game - I tend to get frustrated at people who purposely go slow and while I have no problem being accountable, I can't get any word from management in how to resolve this matter. I mean I understand what is and isn't going to be tolerated but at the end of the day I bought this game and should at least be able to converse with the management about a resolution. any suggestions?

Thank you

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: Restricted from Moderated rooms

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm

I know the "proper" way to "talk" to SCE is through the support function. They will not address personal issues in the forum for the most part.

As far as being not allowed in the moderated rooms, that also is done the same way. If I'm not mistaken this is the steps to be taken now, rather than a total ban from the site, so you still have a limited access to the site.

Best thing to learn from this is that not everything goes in the moderated rooms and just being somewhat nice to others is a good way to go. If you are unhappy with the players you just played, write their names down, avoid them and find a new game, it resolves the issue.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:41 pm

What is a moderated room?

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 pm

A moderated room is one in which Guides attend

Our one "Unmoderated" room is the new room Da Tavern which is for the part unguided.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:47 pm

I have been "restricted" from moderated rooms.
Bravo SCE, I think it's a great idea that instead of banning people for their "speech" offensives to allow them access to unmoderated rooms only.. Cool Idea!

Critt.. Just fyi.. I would be a tad thankful you are now given admission to unmoderated rooms while awaiting converations with admin on the matter instead of a total ban, which used to be the case.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

SybiL
Grand Master

Post by SybiL » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:27 pm

HEXA wrote:

I have been "restricted" from moderated rooms.

Bravo SCE, I think it's a great idea that instead of banning people for their "speech" offensives to allow them access to unmoderated rooms only.. Cool Idea!

Senality Rains
Guide

Post by Senality Rains » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:37 am

Yep i like the idea too, If you can not behave civil, in a civil room with civil people, then you do not deserve to be in the civil room. Full stop..

Spadesomniac
Active Poster

Post by Spadesomniac » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:05 am

Yes! I just wonder why we don't do a lot more of this.

Make being in Smoots a privilege. You paid for the game and that gets you into Dark Horse Tavern. But break the rules and you get just the minimum--no more access to the room moderated by hard-working volunteers.

Fairandjust

Post by Fairandjust » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:05 am

I'm not sure what "privelege" it is. There are no people in the ONE unmoderated room so it is no different than a ban and playing with bots on the offline version. Obviously the change was not instigated for "clever" reasons, but to avoid legal problems when selling someone something and then taking it away.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:39 am

Actually, there are no legal issues surrounding the revocation of someone's access to a site if that person is found to be in violation of the terms of service. This is not the only place that does that... it's quite standard practice. No refunds are required either. Dark Horse is something unique... a service most sites don't provide.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:24 am

I'm not sure what "privelege" it is. There are no people in the ONE unmoderated room so it is no different than a ban and playing with bots on the offline version. Obviously the change was not instigated for "clever" reasons, but to avoid legal problems when selling someone something and then taking it away.
This is not so.

HW was banning people long before the creation of Darkhorse Taverns Rooms. Silvercreek invited software purchasers to play at their private domain so long as they could agree to and abide by some simple rules, breaking those rules is cause for removal from the domain.. not the ownership of software.

When a person purchases the software at silvercreek website,
They purchase just the software, playing online is a bonus, and not one they have to provide to you.
There are disclaimers everywhere on the purchasing site, your E-Receipts, and the TOS rules one must click "accept" to
at time of purchase that states this.
Your purchase is software, whether by CD or download, that will never be taken away.

I agree The rooms are empty, but you can atleast make plans with your HW friends to meet and play with you there.
And with bans being handled this way, im sure more will come along soon.
It is soooo much better than the way a ban used to be. I think it's a perfect solution for someone who gets banned
for profanity, or things which otherwise would be allowed in the unmoderated rooms.

The ban to unmoderated rooms has nothing to do with legalities, it is simply a gracious compromise.
Anyone banned before the unmoderated room's creation should wish to be so lucky.

(btw.. the "you's" in my post are not directed at YOU, or anyone else personally)

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:04 pm

You know we hear it all the time, "why should I file a report nothing happens", well this is a good example of what does happen. Reports are logged too many and you get banned to Dark Horse or worse a site ban. Most are temp. but some are permanent depending on what caused them, and if you had temp bans before.

Some say well all I did was get angry and cuss in that game and bam I am in Dark Horse, not so, you did it over and over again and just hit the straw that broke the camels back. Guides silence, and warn trying to get you to see that you must follow the site rules so it can be a good place for all (13 and up) to play. If too many times players and or guides report you then further steps are taken. To you it might seem like it was just this one little incident but players should know those reports thier filing (if justified) are adding up.

That is why we tell you to file reports on things, not cause we want you to waste your time, but because we know the reports are read and logged and can and will add up if the player doesn't change thier ways.

And for those who don't know Dark Horse is non guide teritory. We don't, in fact can't go in there in our blue names. So if you get sent their don't send someone to ask a guide to come talk to you. Write support@silvercrk.com and spend your time in there thinking about how many times did I cuss, throw a game, tell off a guide etc. and so on before this happened. And if your buddies happen to come in for a game play. Meanwhile don't blame the system, blame yourself for not following the site rules.

Get mad at a game, go to Dark Horse cuss, gripe and yell, then come back to the moderated rooms when you have cooled down. Or another simple thing to do is remove your fingers from the keyboard, cuss and yell outloud, once you have it out of your system you can return your fingers to the keyboard :)

I am woman I am strong

Fairandjust

Post by Fairandjust » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:29 am

I will say it once again. Fix the source. Why is it necessary in the first place to HAVE to remove your fingers from the keyboard and yell. Why are so many people here causing people to get angry? You can send people to Dark Horse or the Moon, but the people who cause trouble are still there and you haven't stopped them from going into the next game and angering the next innocent player who just wants to play cards.

I find myself rarely having a game where there isn't a problem and I don't look for them. I come to just play cards and I almost wish there was absolutely no chat or lobby at all, because someone always has to start in, either with rudeness or attacks are crude jokes or pretending that they belong to some kind of exclusive group on the site who have all decided that you can't be here and they are going to "get you". That has happened more than once now, and it is now the end of my first week trying this site.

Honestly, I think you are penalizing the wrong people again. And there ought to be a system to thwart these people who throw games for their own entertainment and at the expense of another's pleasure and feelings. The game is programmed to be smart enough to have bots and to understand bidding and trump, it should also be able to recognize when someone makes a bid that is way out of range and I think when that happens (mistake or not) the game should be either automatically dumped and abandoned by the system, or the game should automatically convert to social without rating points lost or gained.

Fairandjust

Post by Fairandjust » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 am

I believe I just hit on a solution here. I think the host of the table should be able to have the option of converting the game from rated to social if their partner is making outrageous bids. Rarely is the problem person EVER the host of the table.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:06 am

Many times the problem is the host, and if they had that power anytime they were losing they could just switch it to social. Not a good idea sorry.

I am woman I am strong