Restricted from Moderated rooms

cloeyjane

Re: Restricted from Moderated rooms

Post by cloeyjane » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:56 pm

How long is the restriction for. I fell I was unjustly banned. I don't use profanity.

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Even if it wasn't the host, the losing players could escape losing games anytime that they wanted. You'd have a large percentage of all games being changed to social.
Last edited by Galt on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:08 pm

I agree GrandmaS & Galt, that's just asking for more problems.

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Ditto....

JUST DUST

PS - hhhhmmm I think that's the shortest post I have ever made.... until I added that "PS"

LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Fairandjust

Post by Fairandjust » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:26 am

Rarely is the problem the host. I think you'd argue with anything.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 pm

I have seen many times the HOST was the problem and some that even HOSTed games so they can be the problem...

JUST DUST

PS - I will not give examples but I think there are a few that could come to mind right away to Spades players
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

patchlove
Noob

Post by patchlove » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 am

[quote="Fairandjust"]I will say it once again. Fix the source. Why is it necessary in the first place to HAVE to remove your fingers from the keyboard and yell. Why are so many people here causing people to get angry? You can send people to Dark Horse or the Moon, but the people who cause trouble are still there and you haven't stopped them from going into the next game and angering the next innocent player who just wants to play cards.

Most of us have had problem players who have a lack of self control and lack the manners required of a family social environment . We learn to use the ignore button and play the game out , and try to set the example of what a family social environment is all about. If the problem becomes one of stalling, a guide is available to assist.

I am not perfect, nor is anyone here. We all have our moments. The best way to avoid having to play in the Dark Horse and with possible troublemakers is to continue to enjoy the pleasantries of the moderated rooms.

I am very happy with Hardwood's committment to providing a site where 13 yr olds can join without being abused as "bad" players while they are learning, where obsenities and hostility are not tolerated, where there is freedom to enjoy peace and comradery.

Thanks to all who make it so, players and managers alike.

Todd Johnson
Active Poster

Post by Todd Johnson » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 am

Fairandjust wrote:I believe I just hit on a solution here. I think the host of the table should be able to have the option of converting the game from rated to social if their partner is making outrageous bids. Rarely is the problem person EVER the host of the table.
One persons definition of an outragous bid differs from another. How would you go about to measure what is an outragous bid and what is pushing the envelope? There is no set standard way to play, and you can't force people to play a certain way that you think is right. Honestly, I play more euchre than spades, but I don't see many players throwing games. Unless you count the "smart" moves they do that go against common sense. :) It might be more popular in Spades, not sure.

If you don't like what a person says, right click and select ignore. It's much easier than complaining or asking programmers to develop a new way to implement a feature they already have.

-Todd

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Maybe step outside, yell "ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!" at the top of your lungs, and come back in to play another round.

Requires no programming changes at all! :-)
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Really you don't even have to leave your PC to Yell...... just do it and ya will feel better.

JUST DUST