Two Strikes You're out?

Spadesomniac
Active Poster

Two Strikes You're out?

Post by Spadesomniac » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:49 am

Well, I see an empty Dark Horse Tavern.

And I also see that people in Smoots continue to flout the rules--throwing games obviously, accusing of cheating, harassing others etc. The most I've seen happen is they get silenced for a bit. Big deal--they don't care, and some even view it as a badge of honor.

I'd suggest we give everyone a single warning for all rule violations. After the second violation, all their nics can play only in Dark Horse Tavern for three months. After that time they can return to the regular rooms after paying a $25 administration fee to Silver Creek, which can pay for staff time in dealing with their case.

I think a system such as this certainly would improve the climate in the regular rooms, and also possibly provide a useful function for the Tavern. The nasty people can get a dose of their own medicine with other nasty people for three months. Maybe at the end of that time they'll have learned something. Or maybe they'll decide they like the freewheeling atmosphere of the Tavern and stay there. Perhaps there are actually people that enjoy the childish antics. But I really do believe they should all be together in one place which HW does not have to spend time or energy policing.

Spades

Fairandjust

Re: Two Strikes You're out?

Post by Fairandjust » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:24 am

I think you need to stop worrying so much about what people say in private games and their own tables and start focussing on the behavioral people who think its a nice piece of evening entertainment to set games on purpose and then laugh about it, come back under other names and continue to do it to better someone's rating down to nothing. Its stalking and harrassment. I'm fairly new and I've witnessed 3 times now people doing this and coming back again and again. And I've watched guides come to the table and pretend like they don't understand what you're talking about and I would think they would be more aware of what goes on here. You want to get something done? Start there and maybe there won't be so many arguments and heated things said in games. Go to the source of the disease if you want a cure.

Fairandjust

Post by Fairandjust » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:10 am

Just happened again. Same stalker came back to table to create trouble. Guide came in and says "there's nothing wrong here" silenced me for calling him a stalker. He goes away laughing and will be back again. You see, I know you hate to hear it, but you have the biggest trouble on the site with the guide people, they are not "fair" game players and I have a feeling they are some of the "stalkers" themselves to create problems for people their friends tell them to. The disease is in your own home and you'll probably delete this for saying it, go ahead, nobody likes to hear the truth, but you have wrong things going on on your site and you ignore the real problem people. Clean your own house before you start telling others to clean their act. I think you need to remove all the guides and create a voting system on all issues at a table. There is absolutely no reason that someone of lesser intelligence should be able to come into the middle of something and make a determination and make it wrong, any good teacher and educator will tell you that. Clean your own house first.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 am

/me tries to get his head around what he just read....

Are you saying that guides should do something about you getting beat by the same person all the time? :roll:

If you host a game and really don't want to play the same person again, you can kick/ban them from returning. If you don't like your table, abandon before you start and go set another one. I fail to see the problem if good players want to sit at your table... you will only improve.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am

I myself like stalkers, even have my own designated stalker in euchre.......

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:39 am

designated?? ooooh poooey i dont stalk you all that much!

lol
xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Fairandjust

Post by Fairandjust » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:31 am

Actually you better read the advertising put out there to sell the game better. It DOESN'T come with any of those disclaimers.

And wow, I think some of you are guides and you joke about harrassment and stalkers. I rest my case.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Nope not a guide and I joke because I personally do not let someone else's actions bother me and yes I do have a designated stalker.

Thank You

JUST DUST

PS - If you let them know they ARE bothering you then they have accomplished their task to bother you...... Ignore in other words....
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:28 pm

I pick my stalkers very carefully..........Im particular..........heh 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Actually you better read the advertising put out there to sell the game better. It DOESN'T come with any of those disclaimers.

And wow, I think some of you are guides and you joke about harrassment and stalkers. I rest my case.

I feel a tick coming on

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:37 pm

I had one of those once.... a good pair of tweezers and a little bit of patience and you can successfully pull them out. :lol:
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Light a match or place a lit cigarette to their rear end.....they back out real quick...tweezers might cause em to break off under ya skin and make ya sick..... 8)

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm

lol @ u both

I guess i should have spelled it "tic" :?

xox
Hexa

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:45 am

I like the "heat a needle and stick em once and they unstick you approach"

JUST DUST

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:25 am

Ya thats prolly a lot safer than a match or a lit cigarette lol......Im old school lol.... 8)