ASAP?

Sierra_Nevada
Noob

ASAP?

Post by Sierra_Nevada » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:00 pm

:?: I had a player that kept saying asap and would not tell me what it meant. No one else at the table would tell me. Could someone enlighten me as to what this means in cards?

Senality Rains
Guide

Re: ASAP?

Post by Senality Rains » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi there , i cannot say in card terms what it means but i can say what it means worldwide in the real world, maybe it will help or give ya a clue. As Soon As Possible

Now as i have said, i have never heard it used in a term in cards but its used everyday in letter's and such things.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:58 am

I agree with MoD there and would be the standard meaning of "ASAP"... now I am sure someone could come up with a new meaning for it but for the majority of people it would retain it's original meaning.

JUST DUST

PS - Congrates on your Blue there MoD and GL.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:56 am

Some players get irate if others don't play fast enough to suit them. Frankly I ignore such comments, though there are extreme cases of slowness that are rediculous. Still, you don't know everything that factors into a player's slow play, and I consider such comments rude and unwelcome.

Best to ignore them altogether.

I just love when players call for a guide because so-and-so is slow. I think the guide should just boot the complainer.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Some people are so impatient that when God was handing out Brains they thought he said trains and went to catch one.... would have paid off to wait and make sure first...

JUST DUST

PS - But your right, if you are overly impatient in a game (and have seen many in the years here) you haven't got time to play in the first place and should go do what your supposed to be doing anyways...

I will mention on the other hand there are those that are cooking dinner, feeding the dog, petting the cat, changing diapers, looking for love online, and picking their nose while trying to play and...

There are those that do have a disability that does not allow them to play at the speed some may require...

I personally choose not to make a scene when it comes to any of the above and if it does bother me I just choose to find another game without them, yep I can wait until that game has finished without saying anything mean or nasty, even being an Ogre!!! Oh I may zap them a time or 2, but I feel that is a good reason for the zap. I will not zap someone with a legit reason, well maybe just for the fun of it...
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 am

Dust In The Wind wrote:...looking for love online, and picking their nose while trying to play...
Hopefully not at the same time! Especially hope they don't have their webcams turned on. :lol:
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 am

I'm only guessing......

LOL

JUST DUST

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 am

In normal language, yes, it means as soon as possible.

As it relates to cards, i've always heard it means "a sorry ass player". Guess you'd have to be there to see which interpretation fits at the time :lol: .

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:58 am

Well in that case I would choose to ignore them and if you know you are a much better player than an "ASAP" then they are "FoS" and you can leave it at that...

JUST DUST

PS - Yes you can figure out what "FoS" means...

It's NOT "Freedom or Salvation"

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Lmaoooo tiadgp......ycmud...........sometimes I think 90% of the players dont really come to play cards anyway.......wonder what the site would be like without a lobby or without the ability to type and all nics were a number.......betcha we would see only the diehard card players...... :wink:
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

patchlove
Noob

Post by patchlove » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 am

Lmaoooo tiadgp......ycmud...........

lol...now what does this mean????

SPOOKY TOOTH
Grand Master

Post by SPOOKY TOOTH » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 am

If its in a "public room", (Smoots, Gnomes, etc) I would have to assume they mean 'as soon as possible'. In a League? Hmmmmmm, maybe the 'sorry player' variety.

There is Nothing Worse than have a Player JOIN a Tour and then leave after 1'st game/b4 Tour is OVER ! If you dont have the time dont sign the line (partner). IMHO, when you AGREE to Pard some1, its a contract.

u cant conquer a free man, the most u can do is kill him.

patchlove
Noob

Post by patchlove » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 am

mm..actually...I was asking what primal's last reply was..lol..

all of those unrelated vowels and consonants

I need to brush upon the latest shorthand!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:38 am

Im trying to remember LOL........ 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

patchlove
Noob

Post by patchlove » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am

Lmaoooo tiadgp......ycmud...........

lol...well does that help?