ChatAlias.dna

juzmebay
Noob

ChatAlias.dna

Post by juzmebay » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Hello,

I hope that you can help me.. I have been playing Spades for a good while.. I used to have XP operating system... but now I have Vista with my new computer.

I have tried and tried to make fooms or even copying to paste in my ChatAlias.dna file. In Vista there is not such file. At least I cannot find it with an advance search. I have done the /bind xxxx fooms 1 at a time and it works... But I cannot see the ChatAlias.dna folder. I created one like Afriend explained on his page.. But when I look in that folder it is empty.

Can you please shed some light on this?

JuzMeBay

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Re: ChatAlias.dna

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Click Start.....Explore....go to Program Files....Hardwood Spades.....at the very top next to burn you will see Compatability files.....click that.....your chat alias is in there... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

juzmebay
Noob

Post by juzmebay » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:03 pm

" next to burn you will see Compatability files"
Well I did what you said but when I got to part where you say next to burn there is no Compatability files. Perhaps I need to check something for that to appear?

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Post by HW_Martine » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Hello, :-)

Following are two ways to find your Spades ChatAlias when using Windows Vista :

1 - My computer - C Drive - Program Files - Hardwood Spades - click on "Compatibility Files" (top of the screen) - "Chatalias.dna" will be listed there -

2 - Menu - Search - type chatalias - select Advanced Search - select Everywhere - select "Include Non-Indexed, System and Hidden Files" (middle left of the screen) - click "search" and then wait cause takes a little while - "Chatalias.dna" will be listed there -

Sincerely, HW_Martine.