More Endgame Drama...

Just_Ice
Grand Master

More Endgame Drama...

Post by Just_Ice » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:36 am

I played a game with a pick up partner last night. I didn't think to keep the specific score and hands for this post, but I really don't need to be specific to make my point.

During the game my partner asked several questions about why I did this or that. I have to admit that there may have been different ways to accomplish my goals for certain hands, but my plan seemed to always work in the end.

Going into what should have been the last hand, we had a score of 467 and about a 100 point lead. I bid 2nd and bid 1; my partner bid last and bid 2, taking the total to 10. I didn't say a word.

We pulled 5 tricks taking our total score to 499. My pard shot herself with a lightning foom, as if she just then realized, "Man if I had only bid 1 more the game would be over!"

Sigh.

Well, the next hand we had about a 60 point lead (with the 499 score). Now, it will be nearly impossible to not bag out. I opened with a 6 bid and my pard then bid nil. Our opponents bid didn't give them enough to win the game on the hand. So, as the hand progressed my pard sent flurries of ??????? as I would duck tricks I could have won attempting to cover her nil. When I only had 2 tricks with 3 cards left, the opponents began to say NSP and sending each other smoochie fooms. My pard came again with the question marks and "why?" questions.

As I took the remaining trick and covered the nil the "We Win" screen came up. I didn't hang around for commentary, I just said GGA and left.

499 - 60 + 100 = more than 500 and game over.

The name of the game is to THINK! Why do so many people treat every hand like it's the first hand? If maximizing tricks were the name of every hand then we should all just play Duplicate Spades (which is why I don't enjoy Duplicate Spades).

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Re: More Endgame Drama...

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Thats just one of the reasons I dont play partners anymore.....last game I played in there was 5 years ago and during the whole game my p questioned my every move and belittled my play etc.......we won the game.....and after the game in the lobby she kept on by saying.....why did you do that...we could have lost....we barely won etc etc.....well how much do you have to win by to call it a win.....smh.......that was enough drama for me so I stick to singles.....where they accuse you of cheating lmaoooo........gotta love it....... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Primal don't play innocent, I have watched you many nights printing off 3 ace of spades to pull the win in singles. Did you think I wouldn't notice you happened to end up with four Ace of spades in one hand? :roll: Thank you for teaching me your tricks. :lol:

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:11 pm

lmaoooooooooooooooo yw Katy...............I now have 6 sets of AKQJ10 of Spades if you would like one...... :)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.