being kicked from a game

confident_bagger

being kicked from a game

Post by confident_bagger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 pm

hi.
i was in the 3 way cut room and at approximately 4:33 est to 4:38 est a game was played with me and 2 others, 1 being the host for 1650 rating. my friend dropped in to say hi. they kicked and banned me with me in the lead over 100 points and on the last hand. my bot won for me. how can hardwood allow someone to be kicked if they are winning and allow losers to kick them. there is a flaw in hardwood and it needs to be fixed please.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Re: being kicked from a game

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Well you can only be kicked if you havent played for two mins....that was done so players could resume the game......the banning part was done so troublesome players couldnt return to the game to harass others.....its a necessary evil.... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

confident_bagger

Post by confident_bagger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:55 pm

all my friend did was say hi. and was quiet. pull the log and u'll see. soon as i asked why they kicked and banned him, they did the same thing to me. so please dont tell me bout that 2 mins of no playing was the reason why. wasnt even a second after they kicked him that they did same thing to me. i dont keep logs but i kno that u all can pull it. table 28 at approximately 4:33-4:38 game was started in cut room.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Oh in your initial post you didnt say your friend got kicked and banned.....they can do that with just a vote.......as far as pulling your game log I cant do that because I am not staff......only they can do that.....good luck with your complaint...... 8)

confident_bagger

Post by confident_bagger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:04 pm

ok so how to make complaint bout that. i was lucky a bot beat them losers. being up by over 100 and they banning me cuz they thought bot would bag me out. dont kno who my bot was but wtg on my 3 bid job. it was after i bid that 3 by the way when they kicked me and was for the win. they both underbidded. to get to my 7 bags i had. soon as i bid that 3, they then baned and kicked me. plz can upass this on to the person who is in charge and ask him to fix flaw where a loser cant kick a winning person. ty.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Send an email to support@silvercrk.com......spelled just like that.... 8)

confident_bagger

Post by confident_bagger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 pm

ty so much 4 all your help :)

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:40 pm

You are welcome....... 8)

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:20 am

It would be helpful if the game logs included elapsed time charged to each player. That would be useful for resolving disputes over whether someone delayed the game 2+ min on a turn or if there is a bug that allows kick/ban without the 2 min wait, which I have alluded to in past discussions. People say this is not possible, but this isn't the first time this has been disputed.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 am

Yup that would be a good addition......and a submit Bug button during the game....the only other way a person can be kicked and banned is before the first cards have been dealt and played.....and this wasnt the case because he was in the lead..... 8)

confident_bagger

Post by confident_bagger » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:56 pm

okies i wrote 3 emails and still no reply. didnt have game log cuz only save last 10 (have channged that to 100 now) but game replay shows i ask "why was my friend kicked" and then sooon as i said that i was kicked. proving that there was no 2 min delay by me. i even sent in proof that that player has done it many times to others if they look at her web profile. sorry but im disapointed that cheaters are still on hw. what they going to do with their rating "here lies so and so, no family but 2000 rating" on tombstone? lol

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:22 pm

You can get the game number by going into your web profile in your profile and looking for the game....the number will be to the left under Game ID.....copy that and send that in...... 8)

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:56 pm

i may be wrong here. But i also believe that a person can be kicked for "stalling repeatedly" Not just a 2 minute one time stall but a repeated amount of small stalls. Thats how it used to be, anyway :)

Im thinking of things that might have caused you to stall a little, they are also things we all do. The kick may just have been legal..

If a watcher came in to see you, says hi, Unless you are a super fast typer. You would stall there in replying. Not to mention anything else that was said by you to others in game when it started like hi, vgl etc,,, or even if you were talking to someone else in an IM who was outside of HW, typing in lobby while in game, changing music on your media player etc.. a higher ping (slower connection) all that can make a stall happen. (im trying to think of things i might do while in a game that would cause me to stall a little)
When the watcher was kicked.. Im sure some words were exchanged.. that causes for small stalls to converse over that.
It may just have been enough small stalls to get you kicked (legally).

PS.. was this a point value game or a timed game?

I just reread your post, and i have to ask you.. is this accurate? lol wow! 5 minutes?? from 4:33 to 4:38?
my friend dropped in to say hi. they kicked and banned me with me in the lead over 100 points and on the last hand.
Last edited by HEXA on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 am

I wondered before in earlier discussions if the 2 minutes was cumulative and was told it wasn't. I swore though that back when I was on a dial-up connection, I've been kick/banned from games because they didn't like my turtle. Of course, this isn't acceptable to complain about in the lobby either. Still, it doesn't take more than 1000 ms each trick (which is common for dialup) to add up to 2 minutes before the end of a 100 point hearts game. Kick/banning lowman seems like a cheaters way to play.

I've been on broadband since late 2007 though, so it's not a chronic problem for me anymore, but it seems rather discriminatory against those on dial-up (some people don't have a choice).

Maybe there is a better policy one can come up with for supporting the original intent without making the site hostile to innocent folks with slow connection speeds. Perhaps get rid of the cumulative time but reduce the single instance of delay to 1 minute.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Have you ever tried to kick someone who had disconnected but was frozen there? If you try to soon it tells you "You cannot kick this person unless they have "stalled repeatedly" or for "2 minutes". So i do not think it is accumulative. I think it is either a whole bunch of small irritating repeated stalls, or a 2 minute stall.

I think the repeated stalling ability to kick was put in place so that if you have a player and they are stalling on purpose because of running the clock on a timed game, you can kick and get em out of there. Also.. To deter IM cheating as well, a repeated staller COULD be IMing his partner (or other person playing), which would cause him to stall a lot.

I like the tools. I think they arm players with their own ways of getting rid of cheaters (runnign clock, IMing others, just being inconsiderate in general by holding up the game.. etc) at their table. And since you can only kick before game starts, for repeated stalls, and for a 2 minute stall. Then if someone HAS been kicked they were doing one of these..

You make an interesting question about the accumulative, and the real answer would be interesting. I am only assuming what i said in my first paragraph above .
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.