Peek and Run

bubblegum
Noob

Peek and Run

Post by bubblegum » Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 am

This is becoming a growing problem in the cut room. Surprisingly enough, I am noticing more in high rated games (2000+) then lower rated games. People will take a look at their hand on the first deal and can leave with no penalty if they dont have a good bidding hand. This causes a number of problems including having to finish the game with a bot, which gives a great advantage to the player with the bot on their left. It would be nice that once the game is launched, all players are rated regardless if they place a bid on the first hand or not. It happens some in Smoots as well, but not nearly as much. Not saying I agree with it, but I can understand why people may leave before bidding in Smoots if they get a partner who is obviously a beginner. Doing this in the cut room is more along the lines of cheating to get an advantage on the first hand bid and those should be penalized.

Galt
Grand Master

Re: Peek and Run

Post by Galt » Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 am

Just another example of what has become an epidemic at HW.

Combine the card shopping with the players who quit a team game as soon as they or their pard gets set on a NIl (or simply fall far behind in the score), with those who quit for who knows whatever reason, and you have a real mess.

The primary driver of this behavior is the unlimited nics.

A typical table offering in Smoots is comprised mostly of people who have been playing here for years sitting at provi games with 0-0 records hoping to get to 20-0.

Bad cards, bad game, just quit and make nic number 100.

If players were limited to some reasonable number of nics, and playing ability was significantly limited due to quitting or bad behavior, the problems would greatly diminish.

As my good friend and pard said the other day during a game...

"I hate this place"

More and more of the decent players share this perspective, and without drastic action the online version of HW will self-destruct.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri May 28, 2010 4:25 pm

We have this problem in Hearts as well :roll:

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri May 28, 2010 4:56 pm

The problems with HW isnt limited to ingame incidents......last night the lobby in Smoots was the worst I have ever seen it......the list of profane nics and profanity in the lobby would fill two emails......its ridiculous.....and Im concerned about winning anymore because if I do Im instantly called a cheater......in singles no less......cant believe HW has come to what it is now......it used to be the best card site on the net.....it still is graphics wise but I would rather decent players and no graphics....nuff said!.......... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

fuzzywuzzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzzy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I so agree with primal about lobby and game nics and lanaguage.... I played3 games in last few days all three they sit and yell at oen another and call each other names and cusing is gttign totlaly out of hand I play cut i sit never say a word they sit yell at each other ...i will say i win when they start yellign because they so into yelling at each other they forget the cards and play bad BUT THE YELLING AND CUSING IS GETTIGN REALLY OLD FAST

niknich
Active Poster

Post by niknich » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:50 pm

and please, let's not forget the attitude of the players when playing. It is so demeaning to have players call other players stupid or idiot - it certainly does not make it a great atmosphere for fun playing :(

lillianheller

Post by lillianheller » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:31 am

i agree, i just played one game and looked up the profile of 1 player,, wow the words for the name and the city he is in was shocking, how did this get passed for entry.

CoffeeNSpades
Big Poster

Post by CoffeeNSpades » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 am

We don't review what people put in their profiles when they make them. However, you can ask for a guide to review the profile, and they will take care of it if there is language in there not allowed.