Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

luvcookies
Guide

Re: Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

Post by luvcookies » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:55 pm

jonas in leagues you can get social singles but lot of players wants the games to be rated in leagues we dont have leaderboards but we do have standings where you can see whos in first and stuff the leagues dont ponder the standings saying they have cheaters as they would on leaderboards maybe you should come and play some in leagues to see how the standings work there

luvcookies :)

Solitary_Angel
Active Poster

Post by Solitary_Angel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:33 pm

I like the idea of multiple leaderboards but like most have worked hard to get my ratings up and the idea of starting over on my ratings makes my blond roots hurt just thinking of it lol.. If's it possible to keep ratings and set up multiple leadboards I vote for that . Thanks Again for all you do and are trying to do I have been on HW for years and look forward to the changes. :)

MrAnderson
Active Poster

Post by MrAnderson » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:56 am

The situation you are in is very though. I think, whatever you do you have a big chance to mess it up.

Personally I would prefer seperated leaderboards for different game styles:
  • Team standard rules
  • Team nonstandard rules (Mirror, Suicide, Pass)
  • Cut
  • Single
Tie the leaderboard to player accounts. So only the highest rated nic gets rated in the leaderboard.

I would like to see my nics not being reseted but there is a catch. Individual players and non standard team players hardly getting a high rated game anyhow. And team and cut players would have the same rating in each type of that game what wouldn't reflect their true skill level in each playstyle.

Starting over fresh would be the easiest solution I guess, but like I said there is a big chance that lots of ppl will just leave.

An accurate split seems to be impossible or would take a long time to write a working converter for it.
Dies irae, dies illa
Solvet saeclum in favilla