THE NEW CHANGES

BBQ

THE NEW CHANGES

Post by BBQ » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 am

I am all for new changes but what i am upset about is that power to be decided to make these changes without letting all customers/players know. when we joined this site, we paid to play and with that fee, we paid for the options that was offered to all of us. why some of the options have been taken away? we paid for that. is that a good business decision? hardwood has been experiencing the loss of players over the years even more so this year. I for one dont play much in smoots anymore, mostly because of lopsided deals (best dealer in town) and the drama in lobby. there used to be a time we couldnt get a table in smoots, now its like ghost town most of the time, now this new move will drive more players away. we are all in the dark about these new changes. if we have to pay for these new changes, so be it, thats our decision to do so, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I WANT BACK WHAT I PAID FOR. YOU DO NOT SELL SOMETHING TO A CUSTOMER AND THEN TAKE IT AWAY. BTW I do not care for leader boards, or who has higher ratings, i do not need to see that. i will not pay for something i dont care for. listen to your customers/players. we are what makes hardwood. with out us there will be no hardwood.

I WANT BACK WHAT I PAID FOR :(

kitten1000

Re: THE NEW CHANGES

Post by kitten1000 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 am

I hafta agree with BBQ. We shudn't be taken away a feature that was included with our purchase
of the program and to add insult to injury...most of us don't even know what is going on since no one took
the time to let us know or even give us fair warning of the change.

HW is going down hill fast as is and now with this change will make it even harder to get games since most of
us DON'T want to play opponents that are under 1500.

We have had to deal with a lot...hackers...cheaters...bad dealing program and some abusive guides and
players and now this. How much more do you think we can bare? I mean really !

Most of us are still there because of the friends we have made playing and chatting but I have seen many
of our friends leaving HW and will also be forced to leave if changes aren't made to HELP problems.
Unfortunately this new change will cause MORE problems instead of help us.

devous00
Noob

Post by devous00 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:27 am

I totally agree Barb this is some crap taking away something we already payed for. I can see having a newer version but for the ones that don't want to pay more why are we getting the shaft. The deals are horrible and never enough guides to do anything about all the rude and nasty comments that are made in games and lobby. Guess they will take away the kick button next and that will be it for me.......but of course since HW already got my money i am sure they could care less if we leave. Then of all thing no warning and the lobby is just a mess having to see the questions over and over and over. There should be a message as u first login to what changes have been made and why and not all this in lobby with rumors and such. :x

SmOoOkEn

Post by SmOoOkEn » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:15 am

Thats right girls lettem know whats up, These people hiden behind the statement of "making things better". I wanna know who the hell they are making them better for? Like you said they are just abusing their power and their customers, like you, if things keep going the way they are I will also be leaving and finding another site to play spades. Im sure many feel the same way we do and if i end up leaving im going to find that out to the best of my ability, you can believe all 156 people on my messenger list will be notified of the new site in which i choose to play on and from there HW can exspect to loose a good number of players.

More then likely they wont care because like you said "theyve already taken our money" and the reality is THEY ALREADY GOT PAID so why in the hell would they care how many of us leave. But what they are going to find out is just how important WE are. I know i WILL NOT recommend HW to ANY BODY at all as long as they dont want to take OUR (the customers) opinion in any consideration of what we want or like.

To bring this to a close i wanna say "ALL YOU PLAYAS RAISE HELL, DONT GIVE IN. LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, THIS IS NOT I REPEAT NOT THE TIME TO LAY DOWN AND JUST LET THIS BS SLIDE BY. I TAKE MY PLAYN SERIOUSLY AND WANT BACK WHAT I PAID FOR"

I LOVE YA REAL PLAYAS AND IMMA BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ON THIS ISSUE............... :!:

H A R L E Y

Post by H A R L E Y » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am

seriously? we pay to play here and years later things are changed and we get to put in no input what so ever? what is that? so basically ur saying u dont care what we think cause u have our money already? i mean damn u might wanna keep people happy so they get others to come to ur site and ur able to make more money. do u not realize this is just gonna hurt u? smooken im with u 100% bro. i have no problem what so ever just going back to yahoo or finding a diff site to play on. one of the only reasons i came here was b/c of the setup it had and now they are changing it. so really whats the point if they are just gonna take it away? heck ive brought more than a few people here for and they came for reasons that they are now taking away. i guess they can just take our money and run with it. not bad enough we have to take crap from the overpowered guides, now they do this. just insane!!!!!

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 am

Well, I guess I will be trashed after this. So be kind.

With every game you purchase, they always have new ones coming out. We all purchase the updated versions,
because we liked the original ones so much.

With the reset button being taken. None of us, have any idea (yet) what the other new changes will be.

:idea: What if the new changes to the game or a newer build, bring out great features and other options, that
we all would like?

The cost for this game, was minimal to say the least.

I was iffy after finding out the reset button had been taken away. But how many players here never reset?

Take a deep breath, you all have 100's of nics.
I'm just thankful, they didn't reset all nics. Or say, you can only make 5,000 nics now.

devous00
Noob

Post by devous00 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am

lmao Ike good for you hon and well said......................

YourNOTSerious

Post by YourNOTSerious » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:44 am

I totally agree. Making all of these changes without getting input from the players isn't cool! The players are what makes this place a success so you should have asked for their input!
Last edited by YourNOTSerious on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelic_Kisses

Post by Angelic_Kisses » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:45 am

I totally agree with BBQ,kitten, devous,SmOoOkEn ,HARLEY, and ike. So, there is no sense reiterating.I will stand strong for what is right, as it is a way of life for me to live with integrity; that seems to be lacking in the people in charge of the decisions, that aren't even made aware to the PAID customers.I , as well as most of us at HW, have no clue what is going on or what is in store for us, PAID customers. A price increase is fine for NEW customers.But, you cant "recharge" PAID customers for a changes in a product that they don't even agree upon. I too, have in excess of 375 people on my yahoo address book and will not hesitate to take action in a protest of HW for the injustices served.
As for sagwa, the point we are all making is that; WE the PAID customers , had no insight to any changes being made to our PAID membership. It's a sort of "Bait and Switch" and then the nerve to have us pay MORE for it? I think NOT! I do like your optimism, though. I am an optimistic person , also. I hope the people in charge of these "improvements" will come to their senses and realize this is a BAD business decision in an already bad economy!
Last edited by Angelic_Kisses on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tennie

Post by Tennie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:54 am

I have no problem with extra features on a premium account. Those who want new avatars, etc., pay some extra cash.. everyone's happy.

By all means, add stuff and charge more for that.

New members will know right off what is included, and what isn't, but those of us who have paid for our "lifetime" memberships should be grandfathered when it comes to actually removing features, and should get to keep what we paid for initially.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm

The reason for the "reset rating" is a technical one and it has to do with some refactoring we're doing so we can maintain the servers moving forward. In theory if you want to play rated games, you will have a valid rating. To reset is actually kinda a cheat ifs its being used to disguise ones true rating.

That said, there are no plans to "take way" the Spades game client you have now. The new client is so different, we full expect not everyone will be on board with it, and we've chose to make the old client and the new client be able to work together on the same servers.

So that basically mean's, sans reset rating, you there shouldn't be much else changing for you on the current client.

The new client will be a vastly different beast because its going cross platform to touch mobile devices. The way you purchase the game is very different but we're going to make a way upgrade to the new client. Probably something similar that we did with Solitaire IV.

There are no plans to FORCE you to update to it, you will be more than welcome to continue with the version you have.

There will be new features in the new version, and to take advantage of them, will require moving into the new system.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:53 pm

If SCE had done nothing, they would be criticised for taking the money and resting on their laurels while other sites lure people away (and some have said such a thing). Instead, they make enhancements and plan new versions with new features and took customer input - maybe not yours in particular though the forum topics were posted by Jonas and others and you could have weighed in - and that's somehow not right?

I don't get the basis for complaint here. I am happy to see enhancements and new versions for the same original fee that I paid for the license without even any sort of subscription fee what-so-ever like many games sites charge. If you paid $20-30 and think about how many games you played on here and for how long, I think you got your money's worth long ago, and yet, here are some new features coming your way.

This is of course my opinion and nothing more than that.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Huskerpro

Post by Huskerpro » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:59 pm

I dont know about everyone else, but this was forseeable long before now, sooner or later jonas was bound to increase $$ hes making on this site...
Unfortunately the hows directly effect players......
Its not about lists, or friends, or anything else, its quite clear its about $$
And im quite aware loyalty means very little.
Many of us have already been thru this same thing at other sites in past years. Theres no arguing hardwood has the best software design on the net..
But is it so overwhemingly better that were willing to fork out $$ for changes that hamper our experience.....you figure it out.
Theres several ways to increase the money this site makes, considering using sponsers like hoyle and others to market on the gaming site, seems like jonas your about to lose alot of your player base....and in turn future sales by making the wrong decisions now.

Since Ive recently started running a server myself....your gonna force me(or motivate me) to fill the needs of disgruntled players.
No one likes to be tricked into other costs, and I dont care if the fine print when originally purchasing software states this may happen in the future.
Bad business is bad business.....I dont care where the venue is.

As the discussions continue, players will start seeing posts for requests for a new site, here and online. If the players have a big enough demand, and the wrong choices are made..

there will be a parting of ways for a large majority of us... happy thanksgiving :)

Angelic_Kisses

Post by Angelic_Kisses » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Thank you Jonas for an enlightening insight to your plans. That's all I ask for .

HugoBoss

Post by HugoBoss » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:12 pm

amen rick.. if u build it they will come