Ummmm..I am wondering what ARE the changes.

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Ummmm..I am wondering what ARE the changes.

Post by Ralphie May » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:48 pm

What are the changes??

This might have been addressed somewhere but after reading through so many of the replies in a 5 page topic trying to pick and find info I decided to just ask.

And what happened to the leader board? Why did the nics over 2050 drop off?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Ummmm..I am wondering what ARE the changes.

Post by Jonas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:14 pm

New new version 2 clients aren't ready for release yet, so we aren't announcing new features. I could saw that looking to the beta of Solitaire IV does have some relation :)

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Post by Ralphie May » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Well that explains why I can't find any topics on changes. But, what about the top 25? What's up with that? Is that going to be explained when the rest is ready?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Ralphie May, we're working on transitioning to a new leader board page, and the it will emerge there eventually. We're having to rebuild from the ground up the stuff behind the scenes to support new things and plans for the future, some of them feature related, some of them infrastructure related.

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Post by Ralphie May » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Ralphie May
Active Poster

Post by Ralphie May » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 pm

I also play an online game called LUX. It is a Risk type game. They only allow one rated nic at a time to be played per person and only allow 5 or 6 total nicnames. When you click a name it shows all other names related to that account and they have a weekly rank winner. They reset everyone on Sunday evening but somehow also keep a total rank. It is an intersting way to do it.

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:24 pm

The nature of how stuff we purchase will be attached to each account will kinda do that. People won't be apt to make 200 nicks anymore.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:56 pm

jonas, with not being able to reset the ratings or create nics when a player falls to a very low score how does that person have a chance at playing with others? would there be an option for players to reset if they fall below a certain number. i see people below 1300 and alot of players won't want to play with a person having that low of a score.
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:06 am

la24philly wrote:jonas, with not being able to reset the ratings or create nics when a player falls to a very low score how does that person have a chance at playing with others? would there be an option for players to reset if they fall below a certain number. i see people below 1300 and a lot of players won't want to play with a person having that low of a score.
Well they we're playing with people in that skill level before. In theory there will over time be a more diverse rage of ratings. If people are 1300 point players, the people that would have reset a lot will eventually be in the same boat, and hence can play one another. OR they can play social.

We actually now starting to have a pretty active social game community in hearts.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:10 am

The nature of how stuff we purchase will be attached to each account will kinda do that. People won't be apt to make 200 nicks anymore. Jonas

Uhm does that mean, for my over 2500 nics, I'll have the national debt? :lol:

07 CaLLeeN 07

Post by 07 CaLLeeN 07 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:06 pm

[quote="Sagwa"]The nature of how stuff we purchase will be attached to each account will kinda do that. People won't be apt to make 200 nicks anymore. Jonas

So your saying the its only the new people that can not make over 200 nics? For us that have been here forever how will this affect our 1000+ sum nics?[

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 am

I don't think this means you won't be able to create 200 nics anymore (or 1000+), but rather, when you start buying extras under the new business model, you buy them once per nic, not once per account. If you want the same new features to apply to all your nics, this could become expensive. Therefore, people will limit their play to just one or a handful of nics if they really like the new features.

This is how I understood the comment.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:15 am

Uhmmm, Calleen did you read what Sailing said? lololol

Per nic, PAY. We are going to create the national debt. (again)

lolololololol

Jonas please don't make me choose out of all those nics since 2000.

(begging) lolololol

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Sailing_Away wrote:I don't think this means you won't be able to create 200 nics anymore (or 1000+), but rather, when you start buying extras under the new business model, you buy them once per nic, not once per account. If you want the same new features to apply to all your nics, this could become expensive. Therefore, people will limit their play to just one or a handful of nics if they really like the new features.

This is how I understood the comment.
Yes that's basically right. Each username becomes an account, so the stuff you buy is for that username(account).

Another thing that's kinda interesting, it's that items are not necessarily game specific. You buy an avatar, its good for all the games that support it! the base games will likely be free, so boom, ya get that avatar for Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Backgammon, and solitaire IV.

But you can see how this doesn't really promote making 200 nicks. We might be able to add to the sophistication and allow for like an umbrella account, but for now we've got our hands full just getting the 1st phase done. Sometimes it hurt my brain :)

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Sagwa wrote: lolololololol

Jonas please don't make me choose out of all those nics since 2000.

(begging) lolololol
lol, we'll you'd only need to chose which ones you want to move forward. As I've stated before, the plan is to allow the old client to stick around and intermingle. But lets say We have a new bird avatar for sale, it would be with the new advanced client.