Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

2tight

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 12/17/2

Post by 2tight » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:37 pm

was wondering if u could create a version of spades using the jokers -ie.big joker then lil joker then 2 of spades then ace king and so on - i been asking hardwood to make a spades game with that forum for years i believe they call it jail house spades and it is more challenging due to the fact u have more books and must think a lil more- thank you

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:56 am

ponycreek wrote:Hi, this my first post... I would like to broach the subject of cost... But first i would like to say.. I like the new game. and would like to be able to continue using it.. I have no problem moving forward and using the new game I dont mind paying a yearly fee and i dont mind paying for the xtras like cards backgrounds and those type of thing... he is my problem....
the cost of Fooms.. correct me if i am wrong, each standard foom cost $0.0625 and supers cost $0.1887 per foom.. or there abouts
I play about 10 games a day.... if i use aprox 15 fooms per game (conservative) it will cost me about $10.00 per day to use them.. (this is a conservative look, as many players would use a lot more than that).. i have greatly reduced my use of them since purchasing the new game... other players see me as a grump, not getting into the spirit of the game.. they dont yet realise the cost...
i love the new format. i dont mind paying for it but $10.00 a day is more than i can afford..
my problem the is do i play the new game and do not use fooms / or do i go back to the old game.....
unfortunately finances will force be back to the old game.. what a shame as i like the new game
I certainly don't want you to look like a grump :) What do you suggest on the pricing?

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I think the pricing for fooms is fair for the free members, but plus members perhaps should have the option of buying unlimited fooms for the year for $10 or something (on top of the annual fee). People who have been here are so addicted to fooms, this would be a showstopper that would keep any long time player from migrating over.

People might disagree.... just my 2 cents thinking of it from a business perspective.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

ponycreek

Post by ponycreek » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 am

Jonas wrote:
ponycreek wrote:Hi, this my first post... I would like to broach the subject of cost... But first i would like to say.. I like the new game. and would like to be able to continue using it.. I have no problem moving forward and using the new game I dont mind paying a yearly fee and i dont mind paying for the xtras like cards backgrounds and those type of thing... he is my problem....
the cost of Fooms.. correct me if i am wrong, each standard foom cost $0.0625 and supers cost $0.1887 per foom.. or there abouts
I play about 10 games a day.... if i use aprox 15 fooms per game (conservative) it will cost me about $10.00 per day to use them.. (this is a conservative look, as many players would use a lot more than that).. i have greatly reduced my use of them since purchasing the new game... other players see me as a grump, not getting into the spirit of the game.. they dont yet realise the cost...
i love the new format. i dont mind paying for it but $10.00 a day is more than i can afford..
my problem the is do i play the new game and do not use fooms / or do i go back to the old game.....
unfortunately finances will force be back to the old game.. what a shame as i like the new game
I certainly don't want you to look like a grump :) What do you suggest on the pricing?
Hi Jonas.
I would suggest perhaps to pay for the fooms in the same maner as for the other extras, like different cards or tables ect.. each one would cost so many tokens.. each player could chosse which ones he wishes to buy.. A player could buy all, over a period of time or if desired all at once.... or even as suggest by sailing away. add a fee to the yearly memebership for their use... as long as the price is fair and not over the top.... and yes sailing away is on the money (pardon the pun) free membership is one thing but for us that have full membership is surely another. I bought the old game a little while back.. was happy to buy the new game and happy to buy the cards, table and backgrounds i wanted.. Its just the ongoing cost (and a high cost it is) of the fooms that i have a problem with... thanks you for looking at this.. I do want to keep using the new version...
ponycreek

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm having problems with resolution. My monitor keeps going out of whack.
Does the upgrade need to have resolution changes, other than right click desktop and
set resolution?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Sagwa wrote:I'm having problems with resolution. My monitor keeps going out of whack.
Does the upgrade need to have resolution changes, other than right click desktop and
set resolution?
there shouldn't be any changes on the front. Maybe give me some more details of the "out of whack" part, when does it happen, what happens, etc.

You could try changing things around in the appearance section of the game options.

Also, the default answer with voodoo video issues, is to make sure your video driver is up to date.

daman007

Post by daman007 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 pm

The Beta is awesome but the following has happened to me twice now
Upon winning a Single Player game the names do not display

Game info

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 pm

there shouldn't be any changes on the front. Maybe give me some more details of the "out of whack" part, when does it happen, what happens, etc.

You could try changing things around in the appearance section of the game options.

Also, the default answer with voodoo video issues, is to make sure your video driver is up to date. Jonas

I have it set XP windows at 800x600. Because, all of a sudden when I turned on pc and monitor
early a.m. The desktop background and bottom tool bar are on the far far left of monitor.
I can't see the start button, and image is really out of shape. So I changed to 800x600, instead
of 1268x ????
Not sure where the appearance section is?
Not sure what default answer with voodoo video issues, video driver, up to date, is.

Sorry, I know very little about the appearance settings, video.

Ty

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Sagwa wrote: I have it set XP windows at 800x600. Because, all of a sudden when I turned on pc and monitor
early a.m. The desktop background and bottom tool bar are on the far far left of monitor.
I can't see the start button, and image is really out of shape. So I changed to 800x600, instead
of 1268x ????
Oh this is for windows or the game? If its for windows, you might just want to reboot :)
Sagwa wrote: Not sure where the appearance section is?
Start the game, go to options=>appearance.
there try adjusting enhanced mode on/off and maybe look at window/full screen

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

daman007 wrote:The Beta is awesome but the following has happened to me twice now
Upon winning a Single Player game the names do not display
Daman007, when you see that happen again, right click on the title bar, and submit a bug report. It might clue us in to whats happening there.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:45 pm

lololol and another lolololol I'm a reboot all right :lol:

The appearance thingy did wonders ty

Chevy43
Noob

Post by Chevy43 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 am

WOW i love the new changes already that you have added to the new version. BUT ... BUT the falling cards to the enviroment... PLEASE take them away... OH PLEASE .... everything but those are awesome.. and thank you for fixing the glitches so quickly. The enviroments I just love and for me when I use the new version its the best ... i feel like I am in a different feel.. and can close the annoying chat and am in just a game... PLEASE take away those CARDS.. thank you so much sir. :D

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

You have to read it all before you laugh uncontrollably.

So uhm, I think I am owed $340.00 from Xbox Christmas presents.
Since all of our children can play offline singles, partners, mirrors, everything.
I never get my pc.
Randy and I both think, you should have told *Santa Claus* you were doing all these great graphics,
that kids will sit and play, learn something, and laugh so hard, you have to run and look.

So uhm , we'll settle for $250.00?

lolololololololol

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 am

As for pricing. Two other sites we play at, entire family.
One charges $4.95 a month or a deal yearly of $29.95.
The other site is $29.95 a year, no monthly or semi deals.

I would think the original $35 (this is for all hw games, correct?) Is in the ball park.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 am

Sorry, rushing around getting children out the door (thru all the snow) for school.
I forgot two things.
Each of the other sites, you win tokens. The one site, the very first cash in of tokens, you get a $5.00 gift
certificate to Amazon. Then after that, you can cash in tokens to use in the store, to buy items.
The second site, $29.95, you play member only games with jackpots. And the tokens you win there,
you use to dress up your background and wardrobe.