Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 12/17/2

Post by Jonas » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:42 pm

http://www.hardwoodgames.com/catalog/ha ... embership/

don't worry that spades in in the link, its for all games. You'll see a link there for a special offer, click that to redeem your unlock key for a plus+ membership, it can be any multiplayer game unlock key. note: be sure you are signed in with the correct account you want to use your membership on.

MrAnderson
Active Poster

Post by MrAnderson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:20 pm

There is a big bug in your software. When you use the old client and the new client you can play with both at the same time and play on the same table. This will lead to heavily abused exploits.
Dies irae, dies illa
Solvet saeclum in favilla

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:26 pm

MrAnderson wrote:There is a big bug in your software. When you use the old client and the new client you can play with both at the same time and play on the same table. This will lead to heavily abused exploits.
Thanks for the heads up, cheaters are clever monkeys. I've put in a bug report for it, so I tech team can ponder a solution.

anniebanannie

Post by anniebanannie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:03 am

YOU GUYS NEED TO FI THE PLAYEN THE 2 CLINENTS AT THE SAME TIME PEOPLE ArE CHEATEN FOr WEEKS NOW WITH THIS,,MAYBE U SHOULD rESET ALL NICS,,THIS HAS NOT BEEN FAIr,,,THEY IN LOBBY THIS AM TELLEN HOW TO DO IT.
THANKS

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:52 am

anniebanannie wrote:YOU GUYS NEED TO FI THE PLAYEN THE 2 CLINENTS AT THE SAME TIME PEOPLE ArE CHEATEN FOr WEEKS NOW WITH THIS,,MAYBE U SHOULD rESET ALL NICS,,THIS HAS NOT BEEN FAIr,,,THEY IN LOBBY THIS AM TELLEN HOW TO DO IT.
THANKS
Fixed. ;)

Players should no longer be able to join a rated game with the old and new client running on the same computer.

M S

Post by M S » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 pm

OK - too many questions to scroll thru and see if mine was asked before so....

My boyfriend and I live together and have each purchased keys for the "old" version of Euchre and have been members for several years. He has a desktop computer, I a laptop, and we share the same internet connection. As we have separate keys, we have never had an issue playing in the same rated game, until this new version. We get a message saying that we can't play at the same rated table because we have the same connection...is this going to be changed and based on key and/or membership as it is now? If not, we'll be on the old system for life as we enjoy playing together and I know of several others who are in the same situation.

Thank you for your time.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:16 am

Well you should be able to play as long as you either are both on the new, or both on the old version. I think the only scenario where you would run into an issue is one old, one new in the same rated game.

frog in swamp

a question

Post by frog in swamp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 am

Hi Jonas

I've used the "special offer" link, to try new beta version, & therefore, gave my key.
Somebody told me I had traded it, and will have to pay in one year, without being able to play with old version in the leagues anymore (bought a 3 games bundle : 3 different keys)...
Is it true ? and if it is the case, is it possible to switch back ?
thank you

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: a question

Post by Jonas » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 am

frog in swamp wrote:Hi Jonas

I've used the "special offer" link, to try new beta version, & therefore, gave my key.
Somebody told me I had traded it, and will have to pay in one year, without being able to play with old version in the leagues anymore (bought a 3 games bundle : 3 different keys)...
Is it true ? and if it is the case, is it possible to switch back ?
thank you

Nope that's not at all true. Someone is giving you misinformation for some reason. Your key isn't traded, it's just only able to be used for one special offer account, but it still fully functions for your standard unlock key for the old client.

frog in swamp

Post by frog in swamp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 pm

thank you very much : I will spread your answer around :
good to hear : we can try the new version without any "fear"
by the way, quite like this new version (but I'm a kid at heart :) )

Starrview

Post by Starrview » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:08 am

Q: Why do Mac users get so little of the useability of the games here, limited avaitars, and it seems at time less service from the host servers.

daman007

Post by daman007 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Love the new Euchre Beta, but I can't log into to web with user name from old game. Do I need a new name? or is there a place to put proxy info if I am playing through a proxy server

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Starrview wrote:Q: Why do Mac users get so little of the useability of the games here, limited avaitars, and it seems at time less service from the host servers.
We still need to build the mac version. I'm hoping pretty soon.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:14 pm

daman007 wrote:Love the new Euchre Beta, but I can't log into to web with user name from old game. Do I need a new name? or is there a place to put proxy info if I am playing through a proxy server
Hmm, ya you definitely should be able to. What happens when you try?

ponycreek

Post by ponycreek » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi, this my first post... I would like to broach the subject of cost... But first i would like to say.. I like the new game. and would like to be able to continue using it.. I have no problem moving forward and using the new game I dont mind paying a yearly fee and i dont mind paying for the xtras like cards backgrounds and those type of thing... he is my problem....
the cost of Fooms.. correct me if i am wrong, each standard foom cost $0.0625 and supers cost $0.1887 per foom.. or there abouts
I play about 10 games a day.... if i use aprox 15 fooms per game (conservative) it will cost me about $10.00 per day to use them.. (this is a conservative look, as many players would use a lot more than that).. i have greatly reduced my use of them since purchasing the new game... other players see me as a grump, not getting into the spirit of the game.. they dont yet realise the cost...
i love the new format. i dont mind paying for it but $10.00 a day is more than i can afford..
my problem the is do i play the new game and do not use fooms / or do i go back to the old game.....
unfortunately finances will force be back to the old game.. what a shame as i like the new game