Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows

Post by Jonas » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 pm

WhatAgoodGirl wrote:jonas can u keep old version and download the new version ? so u can play both?
You are correct! :)

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for the Mac

Post by Jonas » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 pm

bjvande wrote:Any time frame when the Mac Beta will be available?
I'm sorry I don't know the answer for you on that one.

Pfer

Post by Pfer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Just downloaded the beta euchre and all I can say is looks like another way to scam money out of euchre players. No benefits that I can see to the format. Only a lightening of ones wallet if you want to change your avatar etc. I will be sticking to the pay once and use forever type of silvercreek euchre. Certainly wont be wasting my time downloading any of the others.
I thought pogo was a scam, this is worse!

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:55 pm

Pfer wrote: I will be sticking to the pay once and use forever type of silvercreek euchre. Certainly wont be wasting my time downloading any of the others.
I'm sorry you feel that way Pfer. Its definitely a different beast and won't appeal to everyone and that's why we we're sure to allow the original client to keep running. If you do change your mind, be sure to take advantage of the free Plus+ membership with the use of an multiplayer unlock key offer I mentioned in my 1st post.

ali_nchains

Post by ali_nchains » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 am

I CANT Log in the BETA .....:( ......... tries to load.. but says it Failed ....:(

parttime

Post by parttime » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

ummm, I seem to have broken the installation of the old version by installing the new version. What I now achieve is an infinite login. Currently this machine is Win 7 64. I didn't install the new version on the XP pro machine I have and the old version is working just fine.
I would also like to know how to alter the initial login ID with the new version, it didn't direct me to any location to alter the first name i put in - before I read the part about there being only one id allowed.

mickey_35681

Post by mickey_35681 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi Jonas just a quick question...As a league owner im a bit concerned...Ive seen it said that in the future CASES will no longer be used...I carry a premium membership of course for the members of HW..I dont have a large league but we stay active and enjoy our time there..Im able to gift our members as needed along with other staff as well...Are we to continue paying the extra money on our premium memberships? and Also When These changes start affecting the leagues do you plan on emailing any of us so that we understand completely whats going on? At the moment im going by what i read in lobby chats and the few here on the forum.....Im a lost HA as im sure there are many others...Thanx for your time

thecadmiester

Post by thecadmiester » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 am

hi, i have downloaded beta version. i cant even log in. all i get is cannot connect to server at this time.
it does connect to tell me i have the latest version. am i doing something wrong?

CAD

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:27 am

mickey_35681 wrote:Hi Jonas just a quick question...As a league owner im a bit concerned...Ive seen it said that in the future CASES will no longer be used...I carry a premium membership of course for the members of HW..I don't have a large league but we stay active and enjoy our time there..Im able to gift our members as needed along with other staff as well...Are we to continue paying the extra money on our premium memberships? and Also When These changes start affecting the leagues do you plan on emailing any of us so that we understand completely whats going on? At the moment im going by what i read in lobby chats and the few here on the forum.....Im a lost HA as im sure there are many others...Thanx for your time
Ya we're still pondering that stuff so I don't have a definitive answer for you. Our main focus in the short run is to just get things functioning with the feature set we have and start work on adding more content (games, avatars, backgrounds etc).

I'll try to post any league related changes in the League area. However as far as I understand it, the old version should continue to work for the leagues as is. Id' image that if we did add more league features, it would be optional weather you wanted to use them or a 3rd party tool like paper or cases. Its just that we can do things in the game that can potentially help organize/promote such effects.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 am

thecadmiester wrote:hi, i have downloaded beta version. i cant even log in. all i get is cannot connect to server at this time.
it does connect to tell me i have the latest version. am i doing something wrong?

CAD
Try again, and when it says you can't connect, right click on the title bar, and choose "submit bug report", that might give us some more clues.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 am

I'm really confused. I thought everyone would move, eventually to this new upgrade.
Is it just the ones, that want it and newcomers to the site?

I mean really, the lobby has been a mess for two weeks now. To find out , everything stays the same; other than
reset is gone.

:?:

mickey_35681

Post by mickey_35681 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Jonas..Another question for you today....As I explained in my earlier post..Im pretty lost on a lot of things with the new changes.. I understand most but there are many things im still clueless and would like to find out about....I was wondering..If I could take the time and pull all HA's of the leagues together..would you be willing to have a meeting with us?..Im thinking this would help tremendously with a lot of questions...This way as Ha's we could also help do some explaining to members....Just a thought...Thanks again for your time

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:52 pm

mickey_35681 wrote:Hi Jonas..Another question for you today....As I explained in my earlier post..Im pretty lost on a lot of things with the new changes.. I understand most but there are many things im still clueless and would like to find out about....I was wondering..If I could take the time and pull all HA's of the leagues together..would you be willing to have a meeting with us?..Im thinking this would help tremendously with a lot of questions...This way as Ha's we could also help do some explaining to members....Just a thought...Thanks again for your time
Maybe when where past this testing phase and I have more official answers, right now I'd just pulling guesses out of the ether. Also maybe we can make a new thread about that. this I'd like to keep more about testing the clients.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Sagwa wrote:I'm really confused. I thought everyone would move, eventually to this new upgrade.
Is it just the ones, that want it and newcomers to the site?
No moving is not a requirement, and I doubt everyone will. We're tyring to be sensitive to players that like the old client.

You're right, this is for folks that want to get new features and folks that are going to be coming in new eventually. Folks coming in on new platforms will be with this new version.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Will any new avatars you are going to make, be available to current, older paid members or will these only be available to the new players coming in.