Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows

Post by Jonas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:05 pm

sandbar wrote:Will any new avatars you are going to make, be available to current, older paid members or will these only be available to the new players coming in.
My understanding it will be only for the new client. Not sure if the old client will be able to see the new avatars of other players with the new client or not. Probably won't be a selectable item on the old client though.

WhatAgoodGirl
Noob

Post by WhatAgoodGirl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:20 pm

jonas i downloaded the new version today and since i been a hw member on the old version i thought you said we get 1 year plus membership free? anyway i logged in and couldnt join no game and there was only one avatar to choose the lil midged ? thought already members would get it free for 1 year? plus i have bought the euchre and backgammon and hearts game also isnt there a special offer if u been a member on so many hw games?
and i have another question is it posible that hw will create a dominoe game in future? or any other new games?
a dominoe game would be awesome i am sure many people would buy it

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:36 pm

While I've never! He's not a midget, he's a Gnome! :)

Yes, you can opt to take advantage of our special offer if you have an unlock key. When you're on the membership choosing page, there is link at the bottom for the special offer for a year of Plus+. Not that does not make all the avatars available, but it does give you 1600 tokens to go buy the avatars you want.

WhatAgoodGirl
Noob

Post by WhatAgoodGirl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:46 pm

jonas i need help i finally found out how to get this free plus membership now i made a mistake and registred in my highest rated name from the old version because i thot this is a seperated game and i would start from 0 now i am in the lobby with a 1930 name lol of course i dont wanna play everyone in my name and might lose my rateing is there any chance to change the name so i can start from 0 like everyone else? and in future is there really only 1 name allowed on each accoun even if u have a plus membership?
just haven 1 name i think is bored because ones u become a high rated player u will wait for games ?

WhatAgoodGirl
Noob

Post by WhatAgoodGirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 am

i played 1 game with my 1900 name and lpost 20 points because i could not play a rated game it said i havent played my 20 games yet so is thgere a way to add another name to this account? one of my lower names or a new name?
i really think a plus member should at least have some features free like the fooms and be able to rest rateing and create more than just 1 name
not sure yet if i will purchase this game the graphic is nice tho only thing i dont like is u see urself sittin on the side of the table and not across from ur partner that had me confused also and if the timer comes on you are not able to click cards i been stuck like 3x in the game i played and then wrong card were playing on auto so i guess thats one of the bugs that need to be fixed still .
i understand the new avatars have to be bought but i think the features of the old version should be free (avatars/fooms/reset rateing) in that case i would buy this game of course and i am sure many others would purchase the 1 year membership each year also and still buy new avatars and fooms and other stuff to it .like now now i cant play because i will lose my high rated name since i gotta get used to the graphics of the new game and cant just go ahead and create a new name or add one of my other names from the old version and since the name is high rated cant even play a rated game because it shows i still need 19 games to be rated lol hope there will be a way to fix this because i thot the old version and new version would be 2 diffrent games only reason whjy i signed up in that name thot it would be on 0 didnzt expect it to show my rateing from old version

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 am

I agree about the position of your info on the bottom left instead of bottom center across from the other player. It looks like I am really not sitting at the table at all.

Someone else mentioned this too.... the suits are hard to distinguish (clubs vs spades or diamonds vs hearts). The deck on the old version is easier to distinguish.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

WhatAgoodGirl
Noob

Post by WhatAgoodGirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:37 pm

yes that too clubs and spades look the same but i also disagree if u use the same name u had on old version the rateing should not show because this is a new game and i checked on old version yesterday i really lost 20 points on my 1900 name playing 1400 rated people thats not fair

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:42 pm

WhatAgoodGirl wrote:yes that too clubs and spades look the same but i also disagree if u use the same name u had on old version the rating should not show because this is a new game and i checked on old version yesterday i really lost 20 points on my 1900 name playing 1400 rated people thats not fair
I'm a bit confused that's happening here. So in a prior post you said that you couldn't join a rated game with this nick, yet lost 20 points? That implies it was a rated game.

Which name is it?

WhatAgoodGirl
Noob

Post by WhatAgoodGirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 pm

no u misunderstood sorry my english isnt so well either its i signed up with a diffrent name and were a free basic member and couldnt join any rated games just social so i posted to u how i get a ßplus member for 1 yr free and i tried on that same account and had no clue how so i just registred the high rated name and added my key on that name
is there a chance if i send an email that u change my name for me please?

WhatAgoodGirl
Noob

Post by WhatAgoodGirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:54 pm

ok i will send u a private message in here and tell u the name i got now and wich name i would love to have tyvm jason

Xuzika
Active Poster

Post by Xuzika » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm

how i send bug report bind list have a error and i play game that missing a name player on game tab all four player was there but show only 3

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Xuzika wrote:how i send bug report bind list have a error and i play game that missing a name player on game tab all four player was there but show only 3
If you right click on the title bar of the game, you'll get an option for sending a bug report. That would be especially good to do when the bug is happening.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm

WhatAgoodGirl wrote:no u misunderstood sorry my english isnt so well either its i signed up with a diffrent name and were a free basic member and couldnt join any rated games just social so i posted to u how i get a ßplus member for 1 yr free and i tried on that same account and had no clue how so i just registred the high rated name and added my key on that name
is there a chance if i send an email that u change my name for me please?
I understand what you're asking. Currently we don't have tools setup to swap out accounts.

Xuzika
Active Poster

Post by Xuzika » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:24 am

some question for now

1 where is chatalias for transfer all binds ?
2 old version with right click on player and click player name it show a profile new one dont work like that old was better
3 is it possible to edit the quickchat to put something in color? if yes how?

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 am

I received an answer back from Gromph. On why the beta won't work yet.
IE 6, which we need IE 8. We use fire fox for most surfing and other sites.
But also Gromph mentioned , (I think) that IE 6 would be able to get the beta after fix or repair?

Anyway, I signed on this a.m. and was in the process of going into Smoots lobby. When the Microsoft
error came up again. Spades.exe error

So should I go ahead and get IE 8?