Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Sagwa wrote:I received an answer back from Gromph. On why the beta won't work yet.
IE 6, which we need IE 8. We use fire fox for most surfing and other sites.
But also Gromph mentioned , (I think) that IE 6 would be able to get the beta after fix or repair?

Anyway, I signed on this a.m. and was in the process of going into Smoots lobby. When the Microsoft
error came up again. Spades.exe error

So should I go ahead and get IE 8?
Probably, might not be related, but keeping IE uptodate even if you don't use it for your surfing is a good idea. Apps that connect to the internet use windows services that use whatever IE you have installed. They've made lots of improvements since IE6, so just from a general security perspective, its good to keep updated.

On that spades error, the next time you run the game after a crash, it SHOULD have gave you a prompt to submit a bug report. Please do that when it does, as it will send us info about why the crash happened sometimes so we can nip it in the bud.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

Xuzika wrote:1 where is chatalias for transfer all binds ?
Not sure on that yet.
Xuzika wrote:2 old version with right click on player and click player name it show a profile new one dont work like that old was better
I think I must not be understanding something here, if I right click OR left click for that matter on a player, I get a "view profile" button.
Xuzika wrote:3 is it possible to edit the quick chat to put something in color? if yes how?
Not currently, but that's a feature we might support. Possibly maybe even hang all the binds off of that for free chat players. Could you add that to the Idea summit site:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16786

Xuzika
Active Poster

Post by Xuzika » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Jonas wrote:
Xuzika wrote:2 old version with right click on player and click player name it show a profile new one dont work like that old was better
I think I must not be understanding something here, if I right click OR left click for that matter on a player, I get a "view profile" button.
Oh well i can undestanding Sorry Jonas my bad like always, was lack of attention I want say
NEW version with right click on player and click player name it show a profile new one dont work like that old was better

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:25 pm

HO HO HO Merry Christmas, I d/l'd IE 8 . And I got into the new beta.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
OMG is it nice, great environments; and I might add, I chose a few myself . LOLOLOLOL
This is just toooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun ! ! ! ! ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm like a child at a candy store. lololololol

Not only is the environment *fabulous* omg the tables . weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Such a great set up. /me is one happy Irish camper. lolololol

More details to follow. lolololol

CoffeeNSpades
Big Poster

Post by CoffeeNSpades » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Xuzika wrote:
1 where is chatalias for transfer all binds ?
I copied and pasted one of my binds into the new version and that created the chatalias file. I then copied and pasted the others into the chatalias file and they work fine.

Xuzika
Active Poster

Post by Xuzika » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 pm

CoffeeNSpades wrote:
I copied and pasted one of my binds into the new version and that created the chatalias file. I then copied and pasted the others into the chatalias file and they work fine.
Coffe alredy try it and file do not show into diretorie :cry:

CoffeeNSpades
Big Poster

Post by CoffeeNSpades » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:32 pm

If you go into spades and hit F3 the chatalias should come up if you have saved at least one bind.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Is this a stocking stuffer that never ends? lolol

When you run your cursor over a name in the lobby, it lights up *neon style*

Cool wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy coool ! ! !

WindSweptSpirits
Noob

Post by WindSweptSpirits » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:03 pm

"There is a Basic Membership that will be free for the 1st year to anyone that wants to come and play. Basic Members of this model can play social games and use pre-made chat called Quick Chat.

There is also a Plus+ Membership that adds on Rated games and free form chat like you're used to now. There is a chart that compares the differences between memberships."

So what happens to the rated tables under the old program?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

WindSweptSpirits wrote:"There is a Basic Membership that will be free for the 1st year to anyone that wants to come and play. Basic Members of this model can play social games and use pre-made chat called Quick Chat.

There is also a Plus+ Membership that adds on Rated games and free form chat like you're used to now. There is a chart that compares the differences between memberships."

So what happens to the rated tables under the old program?
The old program will operate just like it does. Rated games will still stay the same way.

WindSweptSpirits
Noob

Post by WindSweptSpirits » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:12 pm

will players using the old program be able to compete with and against players on the new program?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:22 pm

WindSweptSpirits wrote:will players using the old program be able to compete with and against players on the new program?
Yes for games that the old client currently features. We may be adding things that the old client may not have access too, say a new game variant or special rooms. But for stuff that is currently present in the old client, they are entirely compatible.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Sagwa wrote:I'm like a child at a candy store. lololololol

Not only is the environment *fabulous* omg the tables . weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Such a great set up. /me is one happy Irish camper. lolololol

More details to follow. lolololol
hahah, I'm glad your having a blast. We really enjoyed making that stuff for ya :)

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 am

What a crap !!

This beta hearts is just a poor ugly copycat of *Solitaire*. Old lobby mixed with a horribly looking new rooms.. omg. If SCE wants to earn money, then make a new fooms and avatars etc, or challenges~ but mouse off from this old great room*design !!

My 2 cents on that.. :? ~

Happy xmas..
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!